Budget 10-15K Lenovo k4, An all rounder android phone??

khaleelda1

Disciple
  1. Questions:-
    1. Budget?
    A: 10-15 all though preferably closer to 10

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
    A: bigger the better

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
    A: Android only. Latest version out of box preferred, modding out of question.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
    A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
    Motorola Samsung Asus , basically the main stream. Not so enthusiastic about Indian brands or xiaomi etc

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
    A: calls WhatsApp internet games (kids)

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
    A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
    A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
    A: no lagging. Good camera. Good battery backup

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
    A: moto g3 or turbo confusing
  2. Lenovo k3 note but read some scary comments online. Scared
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

the le eco for 11k seems like a pretty sweet deal. see the early review on youtube, looks pretty good. only thing that is pissing off is that the software is still on 5.0 and not on 5.1 but please reconfirm that. otherwise you're getting everything in a phone for that price. i would honestly go for a g3 turbo if i was you

Yes moto turbo was my first choice but the new k4 is really tempting me with its extra 1gb ram, extra .5 inch screen and much higher battery....
Yes I am aware specs and real life performance are two separate things... Hence seeking advice.

Any word on the vibe ui on Lenovo??
I'm a frustrated user of touchwiz! :([DOUBLEPOST=1454488149][/DOUBLEPOST]The vr might be a gimmick... But even if it is half good, my nephew would have a blast!!! :D

I've bought K4 note in last sale for my friend. Let me list the pros and cons

Pros:
  • Good quality build
  • Finger print sensor works flawlessly
  • Dual front facing speakers are really good with good bass.
  • Call quality is good and it supports 4G in both the sims. (Note that second sim is hybrid sim slot)
  • Good amount of ram too.
  • Bloatware can be easily uninstalled without rooting.
  • Many, Many sensors!
  • Battery backup is good too with frequent 4~5hr SoT with wifi/3g on.
Cons:
  • Okay Camera. Camera app uses heavy post processing which results in artificial looking pics. Night time photos obviously suck.
  • Display has slight brown tinge which can be easily seen when compared side by side with oneplus one. Theres an setting to tweak the color balance but ultimately screen is good but not that great.
  • Processor. Phone is smooth but theres an occasional pause where you can see the processor catching breath. Also, asphalt 8 sucks on this phone with high settings. Casual games work fine though. Dont know whether this is due to processor or the software.
Its an decent package for the price it retails

Last edited:
I do not understand why most manufacturers skimp on backlit buttons it must be taking very little money to do it .
Lenovo k3/k4 note and a6000/7000 series ..
Redmi 1s & 2 .
Asus zenphone series .

^ I stand corrected Yes, its not an hybrid slot.[DOUBLEPOST=1454516560][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do not understand why most manufacturers skimp on backlit buttons it must be taking very little money to do it .
Lenovo k3/k4 note and a6000/7000 series ..
Redmi 1s & 2 .
Asus zenphone series .
Lack of space to place an led maybe?

Below average camera
Lack of backlights
... Are things I can live with... But, going through amazon reviews, read about call dropping and weak Wifi reception!!!!
This is a deal breaker if true.

Not sure about K4 note but would not recommend K3 as I was using it for 4 months and initially it was good but once more app was installed the phone began to lag and even opening it for making calls would take a good 15 to 20 seconds minimum. Uninstalled many application like FB, Messenger, Hike etc to make it work with minimum lag.

Based on feedback from above-average users I wouldn't recommend the K3/K4. K4 Note indeed has good specs on paper and that VS thing for bragging but i would frankly consider it stupid buying a phone even after i've heard so many bad things about it.

I had hell of a time using mediatek processors based phone in which it simply refused to catch GPS signals and people were unable to solve it because mediatek was refusing to share kernal source code of that particular processor. Because of that, the XDA community was not able to solve gps issues. I will not buy anything of that company anymore

K4 note uses a old mediatek chip, which is slower. The best phone sub 15k is Moto G3 turbo, it is fast and always updated with latest android for next 2 years. I personally did not like the LeTV 1s, the UI is not familiar and u will have to forget about updates. Cannot comment about Honor 5x, looks like a decent phone, but again no proper updates.

Last edited:
Biggest advantage Moto has over others are the updates. These are almost on par with the Nexus phones in this matter. Also the almost stock android experience without bloatware is a plus.

Back