Laptops Lenovo G580 - Flickering Screen problem

CA50

Skilled
Hi All,
I have a Lenovo G580 around 3years old.
From last 3-4 months the laptop screen use to move up-and-down by few pixels, and a white strip is seen on the bottom of the screen, when the screen moved. From last month this problem worsen and the white strip started appearing on the top as well with increase in flicker speed.
I checked the display cable from the motherboard to the LCD, the cable seems to ve fine, i went to a computer technician as well. He checked and told me that the screen as went kaput, and need to be replaced.

Anyone please share some input on this. Should i replace the screen or check with other technician, and where should i replace it in Bengaluru. Also can anyone quote the approx price?
TIA

I faced an issue as well and in most cases it is the display cable. Even if it looks fine, it might have gone kaput.
My local technician removed my screen and attached it to another laptop and it was working fine. So we changed the display cable. I still face momentary blackout when I move the lid but I can live with it for the time being. I am gonna stock up on a few display cables though as they only cost 700-800 bucks.

Back