Lenovo bids Goodbye to the "Vibe" brand- Reports

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Lenovo, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer is now planning to discontinue its Vibe brand so as to completely focus on its Motorola brand, which it had acquired from the tech giant, Google. According to a report, Lenovo bids goodbye to its Vibe brand to make way for more handsets from its Motorola brand.

http://in.techradar.com/news/phone-...oodbye-to-Vibe-brand/articleshow/49953460.cms

http://allindiaroundup.com/news/len...to-pave-way-for-more-motoroa-handsets-report/

Let me jump to conclusions. It may be bad for the company. Motorola has 3 line-ups in all primary categories, E, G and X. Lenovo will want to fill up whatever hole is left out by the Motorola models. If they concentrate on making average-quality "Motos" just to cater to all segments like Samsung it WILL flop because all the past and current Moto phones have been and are great. This coupled with pathetic after-sales services will make it even worse. Anyway Lenovo will later start making another new series of models for non-motorola line-ups.

Not a fan of Lenovo but I hope that the reports are not true.

It's a Good move imo. From what i know, Vibe series aren't doing well, Moto outsell Vibe series phones by a huge margin.

Lenovo Build quality is far better than Xiaomi Crap. That is for sure.

Lenovo phones look far better quality than any of the Motorola's that I have seen recently (except the high end ones which are on par for both brands). The only thing going for Motorola is the brand name which is why they have any value apart from the IP they possess.

As for Samsung, Other than the Galaxy S, A and Note series, every thing else that they have been releasing is utter crap. Not only do they not justify the price that they are selling for, but even in the bracket they should actually fall into, there are better alternatives. Further they are trying to follow Apples strategy of overpricing everything to create a perception of premium products. Unlike Apple which tends to sell unbalanced mediocre products for over the top prices, Samsung does offer a lot more underlying meat and in a more balanced manner in their premium lineup, but the prices are still nowhere near justifiable.

It's a Good move imo. From what i know, Vibe series aren't doing well, Moto outsell Vibe series phones by a huge margin.

Lenovo Build quality is far better than Xiaomi Crap. That is for sure.
I don't know about other models but friend has a K3 Note. Build quality is not bad. Not very good nor very bad, kinda average. Also Mi4 build quality is good. Redmi 2 is average.
As for Samsung, Other than the Galaxy S, A and Note series, every thing else that they have been releasing is utter crap. Not only do they not justify the price that they are selling for, but even in the bracket they should actually fall into, there are better alternatives.

Even though they have many "bad" phones (or any product in general) people will never stop buying Samsung phones (products). Intensive marketing, promotions and endorsement etc have deeply rooted them in the Indian market. Literally everyone in India knows or at least have heard of "Samsung".

Last edited:
Back