Latest AMD Ryzen 2 processors and X470 chipset motherboards have been launched!

23k is earlier price. Its close to 25k now and that too for the non WiFi model. Prices have been inflated for all the boards citing rupee devaluation. Don't mind paying the price, but from everything I have seen and read, its not a stable board at the moment. Its a tinkerers board for people who don't mind updating the BIOS every few days and whose work centers around overclocking itself.

23k is earlier price. Its close to 25k now and that too for the non WiFi model. Prices have been inflated for all the boards citing rupee devaluation. Don't mind paying the price, but from everything I have seen and read, its not a stable board at the moment. Its a tinkerers board for people who don't mind updating the BIOS every few days and whose work centers around overclocking itself.
No boss. I checked it online today on mdcomputer.
And asus as you know is T1 manufacturer. And gigabyte is T3. In the long run the components last longer and you get a better resale value.
defc9b8e3ef56492219a6c7930518087.jpg

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...g-crosshair-vii-hero-am4-atx-amd-motherboard/

Used to be 23k a few days back on prime. MD computers will also likely update when they get new stock. Even locally, prices have risen by 1 to 1.5k for the higher end boards.

As I said, I don't mind spending, but I don't see myself getting any extra value compared to Gigabyte. Asus has more BIOS options for sure, but you are also kind of forced to use them out of the box.

In any case, I have had good experience with both brands over the years. This is not the first time I bought a Gigabyte motherboard and my present and previous Graphics cards are also Gigabyte.

Yes, that's why the Seasonic Prices are inflated! Why doesn't someone notify Seasonic about this issue, they are losing customers this way! Seasonic supplies parts to Corsair, they and EVGA makes very good quality power supplies. Also before buying Power supply go through the tier list here : https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
Always buy Tier 1 or 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1524930424][/DOUBLEPOST]The G Skill ripjaws V 3200Mhz is good ram right? I had to buy what was available at the time of buying other parts.
Glad m.on Tier 2 psu. Made a wise choice.:cool:

Quick question, anyone know/heard when RAM prices are expected to fall?
We are already in June now. DDR5 is expected to be released next year. I was wondering if I should just wait for DDR5 now. Actually nevermind this. I don't expect it to suddenly become a mainstream product.
But I'm not gonna get a new PC if pricing of RAM and GPU doesn't fall.

RAM prices are expected to fall in rest of the world. But don't count on anything happening in India soon. I got 16GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM for 10K back in 2011. I got 16GB of DDR 4 3600MHz RAM for 22k now.

Quick question, anyone know/heard when RAM prices are expected to fall?
We are already in June now. DDR5 is expected to be released next year. I was wondering if I should just wait for DDR5 now. Actually nevermind this. I don't expect it to suddenly become a mainstream product.
But I'm not gonna get a new PC if pricing of RAM and GPU doesn't fall.
DDR3 is gonna live for next couple of yrs & people who already upgraded to DDR4 are not gonna sooner update to DDR5. And taking price factor into consideration DDR5 16gb will easily cost 30k+ - in what you can get a great combo of cpu+mobo.

People who are still on DDR3 might very well consider jumping to DDR5 directly but only once the market settles down on a sensible pricing which again might take a year or two during which DDR4 prices might crash and for vfm seekers it will be a great advantage.

I am getting more and more convinced that I should get threadripper 2. do you guys its a good idea to just buy the processor and mobo and use the GSkill TridentX 2400Mhz? I dont really want to do the entire box. I think I want the 32core madness. all the pc buying advice gurus, what do you think?

PS: my existing config is in the sig.

I am getting more and more convinced that I should get threadripper 2. do you guys its a good idea to just buy the processor and mobo and use the GSkill TridentX 2400Mhz? I dont really want to do the entire box. I think I want the 32core madness. all the pc buying advice gurus, what do you think?

PS: my existing config is in the sig.
Thats 26 cores more than what you need :O
Why do you want to spend a bomb. Whats the usage. Also afaik, ddr3 ram wont work on ryzen mobos.

Thats 26 cores more than what you need :O
Why do you want to spend a bomb. Whats the usage. Also afaik, ddr3 ram wont work on ryzen mobos.
my friend is donating me a 4k LG screen and I haven't built a system in 5 years. soo... I guess I gotta buy RAM too.

^^ You would be better off buying faster RAM anyway. From everything I have read about Ryzen, RAM frequency and timings will have significant impact on performance. Threadripper should not be any different.

Personally, I don't like the Threadripper platform though. Too non-standard. 35k motherboards and the regular coolers would be pointless even if they are compatible. The 32 core Threadripper is gonna cost close to $1000 or maybe even more. 16 core Threadripper is itself retailing for 80k+ in India.

My own build is still not complete. I have all the key parts and did a trial run, but waiting for chassis now (Thermaltake Core X9). This might end up being the last off the shelf chassis I buy if this tempered glass fad continues and companies keep pushing crappy cramped chassis with glass on every side and no ventilation.

Waiting 6-8 months will have much lower ram and gfx card prices. I have similar config. It blazes through everything I throw at it.
yeah, i was thinking that they would release during the holiday season. any ideas on which ram is best these days?

^^ You would be better off buying faster RAM anyway. From everything I have read about Ryzen, RAM frequency and timings will have significant impact on performance. Threadripper should not be any different.

Personally, I don't like the Threadripper platform though. Too non-standard. 35k motherboards and the regular coolers would be pointless even if they are compatible. The 32 core Threadripper is gonna cost close to $1000 or maybe even more. 16 core Threadripper is itself retailing for 80k+ in India.

My own build is still not complete. I have all the key parts and did a trial run, but waiting for chassis now (Thermaltake Core X9). This might end up being the last off the shelf chassis I buy if this tempered glass fad continues and companies keep pushing crappy cramped chassis with glass on every side and no ventilation.
keep us posted on your build. I had some problems with my ram timings initially when I was trying to overclock on the current setup. then I realized that overclocking takes too much effort with diminishing returns. the current thread ripper is some 800usd so I am guessing newer one would be above 1k.

I would suggest that you buy them from ebay USA and have some one bring it for you. You could save a bundle.
I live in 'murica so its not a problem.

Was thinking about building a 2nd Gen Ryzen PC but built a X370 Ryzen 1700 PC instead because I couldn't resist the lure of discounts. :D The overclocking potential of the processor is really impressive. Congrats to all the Ryzen 2nd Gen owners.

Back