Laptop for programming, Web Design, Photoshop, Surfing.

I need a laptop for my wife as per below requirements.

* What's your Budget? ( About 30K )

* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? ( programming in Visual studio & Android, Web Design, Photoshop, Surfing. )

* What size and weight considerations do you have? (at least 14")

* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (NO)

* Any other considerations? ( Battery life; Good build quality )

Will i3 suffice for my needs or do I need to increase the budget and go for i5? Also suggest me from where I can get best deal for the suggested laptop.

Quick suggestions are welcome as I need to buy ASAP.

@Kevin Lane The Toshiba is your best bet if you really can't increase your budget. But if you can, I'll suggest you to go for this HP 2000 2116TU, @34k, its providing 3rd gen i5, discarding any further need of a dGPU. And yeah, i5 will help immensely in your programming tasks especially in Visual Studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find, JuGGa. I hadn't seen the HP. But yeah, if you can get a 3rd gen i5, with HD4000 graphics, then put that on top of your list.

kevin, if you are into serious photoshop business then check these benchmark from TomsHardware: Benchmark Results: Photoshop CS6. Your best bet will be HP G6 2005AX. Build quality is good but whole body is glossy and doesn't heat up like old HP.

I agree with everything Sam mentioned above. The Hp G6 2005ax is an excellent machine, deficient only in the webcam department. Since it isn't in your shortlist Mr Kevin, the Lenovo G580 3rd generation is what I would pick from the list. I currently own the Hp G6 2005ax laptop and am very happy with it. It is more than sufficient for the tasks you need the laptop for and it comes with Win7 which can be upgraded to win 8 pro for Rs 699 later . Also there is an offer till Aug 10th from Flipkart where you get Coolermaster cooling pad & card reader 2 Years Warranty ( 1 Year Onsite Accidental Damage Protection + 1 Year Onsite Extended Warranty).

-octave

Back