Land Acquisition Bill

AMG

Skilled
Just because a 2 bit farmer wants to grow 10 Rs a kg potatoes on his land, we stop making factories and going for industrialization, which can generate much more revenue.
It is exactly what happened in Nandigram. Farmers dont want to give land. Where do we put our factories?
Every farmer makes his son do B.Tech, and then rants about lack of jobs. Where the **** are the jobs going to come from, if there are no factories?
These farmers generate zero foreign exchange, ZERO, and do not provide employment to anybody apart from the farmers. Lets compare that to the factories, which not only create jobs but also generate foreign exchange.

But thats not what pea-brains like Anna Hazare and AAP party and the farmers would understand. ****ing pathetic people whoring up the interest of the nation for ****ing 2 bit populism.

Just because a 2 bit farmer wants to grow 10 Rs a kg potatoes on his land, we stop making factories and going for industrialization, which can generate much more revenue.
It is exactly what happened in Nandigram. Farmers dont want to give land. Where do we put our factories?
Every farmer makes his son do B.Tech, and then rants about lack of jobs. Where the **** are the jobs going to come from, if there are no factories?
These farmers generate zero foreign exchange, ZERO, and do not provide employment to anybody apart from the farmers. Lets compare that to the factories, which not only create jobs but also generate foreign exchange.

But thats not what pea-brains like Anna Hazare and AAP party and the farmers would understand. ****ing pathetic people whoring up the interest of the nation for ****ing 2 bit populism.

Factories cannot grow food.

Be like China. Industrialization first, agriculture later.
Industry doesnt want all the land. You can grow potatoes on the remaining land for all I care. Just not at the expense of industrialization.

I am a honest progressive forward looking member of the democratic structure of this country, commonly known as a citizen.

Go and live in China for a few days and then let us know which country you prefer.
Do you know that countries like Brazil, Malaysia and Peru earn so much foreign exchange just from agricultural exports. India has huge potential in agriculture but the only problem is that it will be beneficial for many than a few and that doesn't bode well with the people in power.

Industrialization will only be beneficial if labor laws are followed strictly which I don't see happening anytime soon. Also India has a lot of barren land which can be used to form such Industrial corridors. Give me one good reason why land which is fertile should be given up for industries.

You seem to live in a cocoon of ignorance sheltered from the harsh truths of life. It is so easily visible from your point of view and I feel quite disheartened to see such BS coming from an educated youth of our country.

Also instead of just spewing the first thing that comes to your mind, try to articulate your opinion with facts and research and present your views in a better manner so that you don't come across as a dimwitted spoilt brat.

Go and live in China for a few days and then let us know which country you prefer.

http://www.livingif.com/top-five-reasons-to-not-visit-india/ If this is anything to go by, I certainly will prefer China.

Do you know that countries like Brazil, Malaysia and Peru earn so much foreign exchange just from agricultural exports. India has huge potential in agriculture but the only problem is that it will be beneficial for many than a few and that doesn't bode well with the people in power.

Peru
GDP by sector
agriculture: 6.2%; industry: 37.5%; services: 56.3% (2013 est.)

Brazil
The service sector is the largest component of GDP at 67.0 percent, followed by the industrial sector at 27.5 percent. Agriculture represents 5.5 percent of GDP (2011)

Industrialization will only be beneficial if labor laws are followed strictly which I don't see happening anytime soon. Also India has a lot of barren land which can be used to form such Industrial corridors. Give me one good reason why land which is fertile should be given up for industries.

Because a factory has to be strategically located. There is a reason why Tata wanted land at Nandigram. But nope. "two bit farmers" want to live a life of poverty and futility, instead of contribute to the nations development.

You seem to live in a cocoon of ignorance sheltered from the harsh truths of life. It is so easily visible from your point of view and I feel quite disheartened to see such BS coming from an educated youth of our country.

The language, mate. Do mind it. I didnt attack you, and I do expect decency on a forum.

Also instead of just spewing the first thing that comes to your mind, try to articulate your opinion with facts and research and present your views in a better manner so that you don't come across as a dimwitted spoilt brat.

The above stats give the % contributed by agri as opposed to industry. I dont know how much more articulation do you want.

Again, mind the language.

I dont really have anything against the farmers. They can better use the land by embracing modern technologies and use the land in a more efficient manner. But no. They, because of their stubbornness do not want to do it.

Similarly, in case of Nandigram, there were some farmers whose land was taken away for a factory, and they were being compensated for it. There was no need for the entire country to be up in arms against it.

I dont really have anything against the farmers. They can better use the land by embracing modern technologies and use the land in a more efficient manner. But no. They, because of their stubbornness do not want to do it.

Similarly, in case of Nandigram, there were some farmers whose land was taken away for a factory, and they were being compensated for it. There was no need for the entire country to be up in arms against it.

Again, you have a narrow field of view. Do you know that people have still to receive compensation for the Narmada Dam.

Do you know that farmers in India produce record harvest year after year?

In order to properly educate yourself, I advise you to read the blog by Devinder Sharma which I had shared with TEians earlier - Ground Reality
I am sure you'll feel different once you have read his findings and articles.

First of all there is no point in participating in any thread which has national trolls like avi and amg.

@OP
But still let me add few points just in case if it helps you get some wisdom.
I am sure you are still non earning brats surviving on your parents earning.. so you dont have exposure to real world out there.

USA produces/mfg only two things. Rest everything is imported.
they are food grains and weapons.

Use little common sense and anyone can understand why the landbill is nothing more than a shitty draculain hitler law.
Say there are new industries everywhere but will they employ the farmers???? No coz they are unskilled labors in terms of industries.
Where will they and their families go after their land is grabbed? Govt is never going to give them compensation we all know that. Sadly even war veterans and freedom fighters have to peel their heels to get a meager amount of pension.
Ultimately all these farmers will be forced to come to cities and beg or do criminal activities coz life is b**ch and survival is bigger b**ch.
Since even less and less food is being produced in the country food prices will shoot through the roof and we wont get enough food even after paying insane price for it.
What are you going to eat then?? your wifi routers and LED Tvs??
Its going to encourage corruption like nothing before.
Politicians will buy barren lands at penny prices and sell it to govt for huge sums. They will even grab fertile lands just to settle vengeance and pay them pennies for land that can grow gold for years to come.
For whatever compensation a farmer may get for his land they will have to run pillar to post and bribe every other officer to get the money in their hands.
Say even if they get good amount for their land... for how many years will that money last their needs??? Every person cannot become a businessman or every investment wont result in good returns for them.
After few years again many of them will become even poorer and again you can guess what happens then....
Also who is going to foot the bill for every piece of land the govt grabs??? We taxpayers will be paying for it.

My cousin's 10acre fertile land was grabbed by govt for rehabilitation of a village affected by a dam.
He was paid only Rs55L for the entire 10acres. We fought it till the high court and finally got a compensation of Rs6.5cr. Leave aside how much he paid the law firms and everything but atleast he got justice and good value for his land.
This land bill takes away the right to go to courts and the basic fundamental right of every Indian citizen to have consent.

You are an ignorant kid who doesn't have the slightest idea of what shit you are talking... and thats the reason you are holding the opinion you do now.

I am not against development or industrialization but at what cost that also needs to be thought about.
Every issue is not a trp or trolling issue. Think seriously and think honestly. Coz you are the one who is most adversely affected by it.
Today your family supports you but 2moro when you have to face the world on your own with this mind set you will either beg/cry/kill your self.
Sorry for the long post but it seems people have still not got the severity of the issue.

Last edited:
There is a reason why Tata wanted land at Nandigram.
What was that reason?

here were some farmers whose land was taken away for a factory, and they were being compensated for it.
How much was that compensation? If tomorrow someone asks you to move out of your house to build a factory that makes crappy cars and gives you 10 bucks on the way out, will you do it to 'contribute to our nation's development'?

They can better use the land by embracing modern technologies
How many farmers have you educated about modern technology or supplied this modern technology to and offered said technology for free since they're neck deep in debt, as part of your 'contribution to the nation's development'?
Your idealism is great, but instead of praising the govt for supplying land for free to rich industrialists, why not question their lack of effort to bring farmers to the modern age?

My cousin's 10acre fertile land was grabbed by govt for rehabilitation of a village affected by a dam.
He was paid only Rs55L for the entire 10acres. We fought it till the high court and finally got a compensation of Rs6.5cr. Leave aside how much he paid the law firms and everything but atleast he got justice and good value for his land.
This land bill takes away the right to go to courts and the basic fundamental right of every Indian citizen to have consent.

You are an ignorant kid who doesn't have the slightest idea of what shit you are talking... and thats the reason you are holding the opinion you do now.

I am not against development or industrialization but at what cost that also needs to be thought about.
Every issue is not a trp or trolling issue. Think seriously and think honestly. Coz you are the one who is most adversely affected by it.
Today your family supports you but 2moro when you have to face the world on your own with this mind set you will either beg/cry/kill your self.
Sorry for the long post but it seems people have still not got the severity of the issue.

Any source for this courts clause. As far as I know there is no such thing in the new ordinance that prevents farmers from going to courts.

What an extremely short sighted view. India doesn't need to make the exact same mistakes other countries have made, sacrificing long term stability for a short term high GDP growth. Agricultural land is going to become a lot more valuable in the near future. Do you know that Chinese companies are taking up long term leases on millions of hectares of arable land in Africa? And this from a country that is already 3 times the area of India and a population that won't be the largest in another 10 years time.

Back