Kyocera Announces Rugged 'Torque' And Solar-Powered Smartphone Ahead Of MWC

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Kyocera hasn't been one to be shy about experimenting with its smartphones. Today, the company announced two new and interesting smartphones running Android ahead of MWC. One will be the ultra-rugged Torque, and the other is an unnamed solar-powered smartphone.
torque.jpg

The Torque is a 4G smartphone that has been certified Military Standard 810G by the U.S. military. The device is waterproof, dustproof and shockproof, and it has built-in protection against vibrations, solar radiation, humidity, extreme temperatures, low pressure and even salt fog. The device also recognizes the difference between bare and gloved fingers to make operating the device easier.

The Kyocera Torque comes with a 4.5" HD screen, a quad-core 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 400 processor, an 8 MP camera, 2 MP front-camera and a 3,100 mAh battery, and it runs Android 4.4 KitKat.

Kyocera will also unveil its unique solar-powered phone at the MWC. This phone will have a screen that will actually generate energy instead of consuming it. The screen will use Sunpartner's solar technology to charge the device.

This is a unique form of solar charging for smartphones, because until now, solar-powered smartphones had solar cells stuck on the back. However, when people use the smartphones outside, the back side isn't exposed too much to the sun, so that method is only so effective.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/kyocera-rugged-solar-smartphones-mwc,28628.html
A user posted
toreuq user.png

Phone with strong rugged body and decent specs. Design is also cool. I like. Hopefully the battery will stand true to its rated 3100mAh.

I wanted the brigadier for a long time now but held back as it couldn't be rooted. Another good rugged cheap phone people should consider is the Doogee S2 titan.

I wanted the brigadier for a long time now but held back as it couldn't be rooted. Another good rugged cheap phone people should consider is the Doogee S2 titan.
Specs wise this one is better. And its not really made for rooting you know. just for people with clumsy rough hands.

Also clarification: about the screenshot of one post which I put in the OP this is NOT the same Torque which he has. They are of different variants. They only share the same model name is all. See the specs they are different.

Last edited:
Back