Kitchen Chimney suggestions

Discussion in 'Consumer Electronics' started by Tron05, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Tron05

Tron05 Active Member
    Adept

Guys,

I have to get a cook top and a chimney so checked out Faber and Gilma dealers

Both of them have Lifetime warranty on chimneys

As per the Gilma dealer - "Faber uses PVC(plastic) fans and motor. hence after a few years, it would start making noise".

As per the Faber dealer - "Gilma uses metallic fans and motor, hence if there is a electric short circuit, it would kill the entire chimney"

Another difference is the filter, Faber uses a baffle filter and gilma too uses a washable cassette filter.

Also read their reviews and both of them had sufficient complaints against them

Need advice and experience on which Chimney and cook top to go with.

2. shady2pac

shady2pac Well-Known Member
    Adept

we went for Faber combo....both are working fine and no complaints whatsoever.

3. sato1986

sato1986 Well-Known Member
    Adept

Here's some advice:

->Check suction power: A good chimney would have 850-1100cm3/hr of suction power. (Higher is better)

->Washable Baffle Filter would be ideal. (double mesh metal)

->Metal motor much more durable and powerful than plastic motor. Electric short circuit is a VERY lame excuse.

->Check features: 3-speed, all Stainless steel / glass, Light switch.

->Faber brand is more popular than Gilma.

->Check after sales service

Other thoughts: Faberio, Glen, Sunflame.

4. blr_p

blr_p Well-Known Member
    Veteran

I thought it was hilarious :rofl:

5. s_anuj

s_anuj Active Member
    Adept

I've read pretty bad reviews about Gilma on mouthshut

6. shailesh1986

shailesh1986 Active Member
    Disciple

Faber chimneys are best,there will be no problems..

7. Dushie

Dushie Active Member
    Adept

i have been using faber for many years never had any issues, also the current prices are low. So i will give +1 for Faber

8. Tron05

Tron05 Active Member
    Adept

i will be going for 850 + suction capacity as we cook non-veg everyday.

Faber has plastic fan+motor and i found it to be noisy than the Gilma model at max suction setting.

Models i check out was Glassy in Faber and Excito from Gilma.
    Which chimney are you guys using btw!

9. freshseasons1

freshseasons1 Active Member
    Adept

Comparing Glen with Faber,Glen seems to have a better Plastic body Italian motor and CFC suction is universal.
    After comparing both i opted for Glen and am suite satisfied with both of em.

10. sydras

sydras Well-Known Member
    Adept

I had done research in this area some 5 years ago. I think Faber is a much better brand than Glen or Gilma. However, I did not end up getting Faber at the time as the price was just too high plus I could not tolerate the ugly baffle filter. Metal mesh filer is so much better looking.

I purchased my chimney from Parmanand's in Commercial Street Bangalore. Pretty pricey and the lady (Rachna) is full of attitude. They claimed their stuff was italian but the manuals I received were in chinese or malaysian.