Jio Prime New Plans (2018- Updates,offers) thread

I have tariff dyslexia. Can't ever make heads or tails of data plans :p.

The time limit is just to become a new Prime member right?
Those of us who have been using Jio since before March 31st 2017 will continue to be Prime members so long as we keep renewing as and when the plan expires. Correct?

No, Those who did the prime recharge for Rs. 99 will get another year for free.

This limited-period additional data benefit will be available post 4pm starting 12th June till 30th June, 2018.

Additionally, Jio also offers a Rs 100 discount on all recharges of Rs 300 and above and 20 percent on recharges below the Rs 300 price point, if the user recharges through the MyJio app and pays using PhonePe wallet.

8ee38b263b602b2b49eb0dac5ed088a900ca49c6aaaf99410e156908a6623a36.jpg

This was incoming as both voda and airtel brought cheaper 3gb per day plans than jio..

Its writing on the wall, airtel or AVOID cant beat jio in plans. But what about the service standards? LIke i mentioned few months back, price of service may as well get cheaper since there is no commitment or accountability of service.

I have grown sick of jio now. With their poor indoor network/ congestion excuses, i am completely fade up. Now want to try vodafone in my area as airtel doesnt have decent/ consistent 4g network here (very good location in pune, not outskirts).

Only because of advanced recharges made on jio till september 2018, i am bearing jio even though its PIA as well as serious pain in the neck with worst app in the universe, jio4gvoice.

This limited-period additional data benefit will be available post 4pm starting 12th June till 30th June, 2018.

Additionally, Jio also offers a Rs 100 discount on all recharges of Rs 300 and above and 20 percent on recharges below the Rs 300 price point, if the user recharges through the MyJio app and pays using PhonePe wallet.

Good now i will get better plans from Airtel.
Last week i got a update from Airtel and now area has constant 4G network instead of that glorified 3G which had H symbol.

Good now i will get better plans from Airtel.
Last week i got a update from Airtel and now area has constant 4G network instead of that glorified 3G which had H symbol.

Airtel and voda have already revised plans recently. They wont change them again. These new jio plans are answer to those plans. So u don't need to wait for better plans from airtel.

My Jio app doesn't show any of these plans when I try and do a recharge for my number.

They have no plans. Atleast Voda and Airtel have plans for business users which work out quite well.
Wow, the new plan for international roaming is superb. Really works well, far better than paying 3-5k to airtel for a 10 day pack. Well done Jio.

Having said that reception at home still sucks and I have to rely on whatsapp or facetime to make calls half the time. Is there anyway to solve this?

Reception in Home in pathetic and in Outdoors its average at my place.

4G speeds on non 3CA phones are like 400kbps, Jio is slowly degrading itself by offering such steep low offers... Not really needed!

God knows if they can really improve themselves! It's been a YEAR long wait and yet they don't improve Indoor coverage!

My Jio app doesn't show any of these plans when I try and do a recharge for my number.
They are no special plans they are just added offers to the current ongoing plans (12June to 30 June), Recharge with the plan you want and it will automatically upgraded.

They are no special plans they are just added offers to the current ongoing plans (12June to 30 June), Recharge with the plan you want and it will automatically upgraded.
So, the extra data remains for all recharges we do between 12-30 June. I don't know why I am excited about this because I hardly use 1GB data right now.

So, the extra data remains for all recharges we do between 12-30 June. I don't know why I am excited about this because I hardly use 1GB data right now.
Yes.

Basically jio is playing with the customers now most of us don't use more thr 50% data of the daily alloted quota and jio knows this, But we humans we have the nature jo zada dega wahi lenge attitude, Seeing this most will port to Jio but at the end most of us will not use 1gb out of the 3gb data.

Yes.

Basically jio is playing with the customers now most of us don't use more thr 50% data of the daily alloted quota and jio knows this, But we humans we have the nature jo zada dega wahi lenge attitude, Seeing this most will port to Jio but at the end most of us will not use 1gb out of the 3gb data.
I would use more of their data, but like everyone else has pointed out, their speeds inside the house are not good enough.
Airtel have recently started their 4g services around here and I was getting around 12Mbps inside the house. My Jio plan expires on 21st so I got to test out airtel speeds in my house and area and if they are good, I will stop using my Jio number.

I would use more of their data, but like everyone else has pointed out, their speeds inside the house are not good enough.
Airtel have recently started their 4g services around here and I was getting around 12Mbps inside the house. My Jio plan expires on 21st so I got to test out airtel speeds in my house and area and if they are good, I will stop using my Jio number.

For me Jio works the best in my area, Have been using both Jio and Idea, Idea 4G speeds are not as great as Jio for me. Today itself have ported my idea nunber to Jio as my plan on my existing Jio# is expireson June 21st, Wanted to do it for a long time but had around 1k balance but then came to know that I can transfer the balance to another idea prepaid customer for nominal charge took my around 20 days to transfer 1k to others, Now I'm left with around 50 buks. ☺

You can always try airtel/Idea for a month as they have similar plans and then decide. [emoji106]

For me Jio works the best in my area, Have been using both Jio and Idea, Idea 4G speeds are not as great as Jio for me. Today itself have ported my idea nunber to Jio as my plan on my existing Jio# is expireson June 21st, Wanted to do it for a long time but had around 1k balance but then came to know that I can transfer the balance to another idea prepaid customer for nominal charge took my around 20 days to transfer 1k to others, Now I'm left with around 50 buks. ☺

You can always try airtel/Idea for a month as they have similar plans and then decide. [emoji106]
Yeah. Just tested Airtel speeds at my house today and speeds are between 4-16 Mbps at my house.
I'll stop using my Jio number after the 21st and try and use Airtel for a month. Still haven't checked how speeds and coverage are outside my home. Jio had excellent coverage throughout the state as I have been able to check on my drives.

“There are still around 400 million Indians who use feature phone and hence tariff can’t be raised to reach out to them,” Reliance Jio President Mathew Oommen said at the India Mobile Congress.

“As a service provider, we need to know are we going to make GB (gigabyte) cost a little bit lower and make money or little bit higher and make money — that is not the mechanism. We have to innovate or we will get displaced,” Mr. Oommen said.

Back