Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jio voice calls have improved certainly, Main area of concern still is the speeds. Still suck in the busy areas! doing 1-2mbps at max.
I have raised 6 complaints related to call mute issue only to Jio numbers, but they wouldn't address, As of now they're good for calling.

Also its time to move out of this thread and continue discussions in a 2018 thread.

If you are satisfied with airtel, don't move out.
Airtel customer support proved to be excellent in my case. I had serious signal issues at my residence. They sent their engineer who checked the signal strength and then got a very fancy signal booster installed at my house free of cost!

Airtel customer support proved to be excellent in my case. I had serious signal issues at my residence. They sent their engineer who checked the signal strength and then got a very fancy signal booster installed at my house free of cost!
Well, my complain about slow net speed was not resolved in 4 months, I stopped recharging JIO sim.
Now they are laying fiber cable in my locality. I guess, I won't use jio.

Can u share model number/ specifications if mentioned on the signal booster device. If it works with other service providers also like jio and available in open market for reasonable price, that would be great to have.

Also are u high value postpaid customer of airtel? Will prepaid user get such device installed?

Can u share model number/ specifications if mentioned on the signal booster device. If it works with other service providers also like jio and available in open market for reasonable price, that would be great to have.

Also are u high value postpaid customer of airtel? Will prepaid user get such device installed?
It is this model - http://www.cel-fi.com/duo/

It only works with Airtel, I think they've configured it so. It comes with Airtel branding, has an app of it's own to configure it. The MRP on the box said some 30k, which I was really surprised about. There are other boosters available in the market, I think they cost around 10k or so.

We have two Airtel connections in my home and I was clocking in a monthly bill of ~750 before I shifted to Airtel Prepaid. My father still retains an Airtel postpaid number. In fact, after they got the device installed at my house, I had temporarily shifted to Vodafone (sadly the process of porting had already begun whilst waiting for the booster), and when I informed the Customer Care Rep about the port, she said if there are any other Airtel users in the house, I am at liberty to continue using the device.

Needless to say that I shifted back to Airtel as soon as my cool down period exhausted.

Depending on the number of users in that flat or near by they'll install a repeater. Last time i got a repeater installed at my place from Vodafone (Motorola made), That boosted the coverage by 50%.

We had then like 2 prepaid connections and after many complaints and they installed one at the premises, The company guy took away after installing a tower nearby, That was like a used one but worked well.

But don't think now a days they even care for a prepaid user. You're just a cent in a dollar they earn, So TSP won't even care!

Depending on the number of users in that flat or near by they'll install a repeater. Last time i got a repeater installed at my place from Vodafone (Motorola made), That boosted the coverage by 50%.

We had then like 2 prepaid connections and after many complaints and they installed one at the premises, The company guy took away after installing a tower nearby, That was like a used one but worked well.

But don't think now a days they even care for a prepaid user. You're just a cent in a dollar they earn, So TSP won't even care!
They gave me a new piece, sealed box. I also do feel that companies don't value prepaid customers vis-a-vis postpaid ones. I think it's because of the lack of commitment a prepaid user is thought to have. A prepaid user can stop recharging whenever they feel like and change to another operator. Whereas a postpaid user has to pay his bill at the end of every month and is tied to the network until they opt out of it.

Guess you have pretty good CC or plain lucky. My office got the booster installed, but to no avail, and finally, entire office is now on Vodafone.

They gave me a new piece, sealed box. I also do feel that companies don't value prepaid customers vis-a-vis postpaid ones. I think it's because of the lack of commitment a prepaid user is thought to have. A prepaid user can stop recharging whenever they feel like and change to another operator. Whereas a postpaid user has to pay his bill at the end of every month and is tied to the network until they opt out of it.

Post paid users can "port out" anytime they want. Once they do they gotta stick with new operator for 90 days.

Last edited:
Post paid users can "port out" anytime they want. Once they do they gotta stick with new operator for 90 days.
I believe the 90 days is for pre and post paid.
yes any connection
can change only after 90 days

I am aware of the identical rules for both connections. The point I was trying to make was that a prepaid user does not have to pay a monthly bill, thus there is no consistent revenue generating behaviour from them. Whereas a postpaid user will have a bill generated every month, thus the company values these users more.

A prepaid user can port out more easily than a postpaid user and here is why. A postpaid user has to clear his dues with the current operator before they can port out whereas a prepaid user can port out any time. No dues to be cleared, etc. I've had an unsuccessful attempt at porting out due to unpaid dues. Usually postpaid users are offered much better plans when they apply for port. Afaik, prepaid users don't usually get such offers, I could be wrong on this.

Anyway, my point was that prepaid customers are given a lesser priority compared to a postpaid user.

I am aware of the identical rules for both connections. The point I was trying to make was that a prepaid user does not have to pay a monthly bill, thus there is no consistent revenue generating behaviour from them. Whereas a postpaid user will have a bill generated every month, thus the company values these users more.

A prepaid user can port out more easily than a postpaid user and here is why. A postpaid user has to clear his dues with the current operator before they can port out whereas a prepaid user can port out any time. No dues to be cleared, etc. I've had an unsuccessful attempt at porting out due to unpaid dues. Usually postpaid users are offered much better plans when they apply for port. Afaik, prepaid users don't usually get such offers, I could be wrong on this.

Anyway, my point was that prepaid customers are given a lesser priority compared to a postpaid user.

With Jio, not really. Both need to do a recharge - pre or pay the bill - post. Plans are similar as well. Just GST is an issue.

That's obvious, If your bill is not cleared or have any outstanding amount towards the company your are Porting from they will not let u port your number and Why should they.

Say if your monthly bill comes for 1k just pay that amount in advance when you are porting your number to other company they will not decline your request.

As for prepaid or post paid i really don't know what service/offers they give, was a postpaid idea customer for years and I really don't remember what extra benefits I got from them, But after Porting to Idea prepaid my monthly bill dropped to just half what it use to be on postpaid.

Yep. So when I ported out from a post paid I overpaid the bill a bit. It was alright. Post paid users pay more bills so they are valued lol. After Jio launch there is no sense in having a post paid unless you frequently visit J&K.[DOUBLEPOST=1514594346][/DOUBLEPOST]
I believe the 90 days is for pre and post paid.
Yep both 90 days.

Last edited:
Apparently some Jio users are unhappy with it and here I got to see this in New Delhi (South/Neb Sarai/Saket area)

Screenshot_20171231-014752.jpg

Apparently some Jio users are unhappy with it and here I got to see this in New Delhi (South/Neb Sarai/Saket area)

View attachment 73370
Wohoo, I never got speeds like these ever not even when I was using demo sim when jio was available for employees and channel partners, Max was around 65/70. That 4 [emoji809] makes it gives u that speed. I do get around 30/35 on 4g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back