Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
Mukesh Ambani in a speech today announcing 1oo million subscribers of Jio in India, also introduced what is called the Jio Prime service. The details are a little unclear as of now, but it goes something like this:

- Between 1 and 31 March 2017, you can join Jio Prime for a one time fee of Rs.99
- From 1 Apr 2017 to 31 March 2018, you can enjoy the new year offer which includes unlimited calls, and data limit of 1GB/day, for a fee of Rs.303 per month.

At Rs.303/month for what is effectively 30 GB per month, and unlimited calls, it is still a good choice.

At Rs.303/month for what is effectively 30 GB per month, and unlimited calls, it is still a good choice.
What is the offer exactly ?
If i pay Rs99 in march will i get current service for free for a whole year and if i don't then will i have to pay Rs303/month from April onwards ?

What is the offer exactly ?
If i pay Rs99 in march will i get current service for free for a whole year and if i don't then will i have to pay Rs303/month from April onwards ?

Need To Pay - 99/- for one time between 01/03/2017 to 31/03/2017 to migrate into the plan / offer.

From 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2018 - need to pay 303/- per month to use this offer which is 30 GB High-Speed Data per month (1GB Per Day) and Unlimted Calls.

To sum it up - What we are doing now -> To continue doing this we need to pay the above tariff.

Last edited:
My question who don't want this offer and don't want to migrate by paying 99/-,

Is it possible for them to go with 149/- per 28 days offer ?

Read More: http://indiatoday.indiatoday.in/technolo...87812.html

[DOUBLEPOST=1487678326][/DOUBLEPOST]one thing i want to know
What are the benefits for Jio Prime members if they don't recharge 303 per month?

Isn't it 1gb/day and not 30gb/month? there is a difference...

Ohh...please clear the thing 1GB/High Speed per day or 30 GB / per month - Once Done exhausted speed reduced to slow 2G Speed.

The happy new year offer is 1 GB/day. I guess it will be the same, and not a cumulative 30GB per month.

I am planning to move my mom and brother into this, and my airtel number as well as an extra number just in case they decide to stop this offer...

My question who don't want this offer and don't want to migrate by paying 99/-,

Is it possible for them to go with 149/- per 28 days offer ?
Yes. All plans posted in site are applicable if you don't go in prime offer[DOUBLEPOST=1487683476][/DOUBLEPOST]
The happy new year offer is 1 GB/day. I guess it will be the same, and not a cumulative 30GB per month.
I also wished it was 30 gb per month to be used anytime. Not 1gb daily.[DOUBLEPOST=1487683545][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohh...please clear the thing 1GB/High Speed per day or 30 GB / per month - Once Done exhausted speed reduced to slow 2G Speed.
It's same exact speed regime. Exhaust data of 1gb and you are throttled to 2g data rates.

Need To Pay - 99/- for one time between 01/03/2017 to 31/03/2017 to migrate into the plan / offer.

From 01/04/2017 to 31/03/2018 - need to pay 303/- per month to use this offer which is 30 GB High-Speed Data per month (1GB Per Day) and Unlimted Calls.

To sum it up - What we are doing now -> To continue doing this we need to pay the above tariff.
wow they really got some balls to charge Rs303 per month for a ridiculous service atleast which i have experienced in south Delhi
Nowadays when i have to call someone i have to dial 2-3 times to properly talk for 2 mintues
They haven't improved their infrastructure even a little bit since release
When i got the sim back in November i could call anyone without any problem now i feel lucky when i can talk continuously for 4 minutes

Before new year plan i used to get 1Mbps most of the time and upto 5Mbps after 1am.
Now i don't even touch 1Mbps and get a fluctuating speed of 512Kbps-2Mbps after 1am
I would be surprised even if 30% users retain their service in delhi
This is Jio "4G"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170221-213024.png
    Screenshot_20170221-213024.png
    332 KB · Views: 302
You will get 4g speeds in netvelocity. Sometimes in speedtest too!

wow they really got some balls to charge Rs303 per month for a ridiculous service atleast which i have experienced in south Delhi
Nowadays when i have to call someone i have to dial 2-3 times to properly talk for 2 mintues
When i got the sim back in November i could call anyone without any problem now i feel lucky when i can talk continuously for 4 minutes

Before new year plan i used to get 1Mbps most of the time and upto 5Mbps after 1am.
Now i don't even touch 1Mbps and get a fluctuating speed of 512Kbps-2Mbps after 1am
This is Jio "4G"
Jio understood over these days that nobody will pay for their previously proposed plans of : Rs 499 for 4gb data per month considering the patchy & poor connectivity service It offers.

Now it makes a sense to keep Jio Sim for data at least ; it's a good plan anyway. Idea and Airtel shares expectedly fell by 1 - 3% and reliance shares climbed up after the announcement.

This is Jio "4G"

Just would like to mention that check the band your phone is on. If Band 3, then its surely going to be crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back