Jio Gigafiber rollout

Oh I see, black in colour. Yeah it might be the same one posted on recent YT vids. See the vids below, is it like yours?

[DOUBLEPOST=1496126698][/DOUBLEPOST]

haha. if i got a jio fiber connection at home, i would probably start blabbering like a fool too :D

Its the same one. He also seems to be from Reliance township.

BSNL to respond to Jio Fiber ?

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) is considering reducing its home broadband tariffs in the lead up to the commercial launch of rival Reliance Jio’s fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service, which is likely to be marked by a three-month free offer.

“We are open to revamping our fixed broadband plans and match tariff with Jio if needed,” BSNL chairman Anupam Shrivastava told ET.

http://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/bsnl-may-cut-tariff-to-take-on-jiofiber/59050798

4 months ago i was using mtnl and was paying Rs1300+ every month for 1Mbps speed, 100 calls and like 2-3 extra taxes were included on top of regular 15%.

They didn't even upgrade my plan and i should have been getting 2Mbps 60GB fup for months.

When i went to deactivate i had to wait 40min in their office because silly me who thought that mtnl babus will be in their office by 10am because almost every govt office has biometric punching nowadays but not mtnl.
They came in at 10:30am and sat in the canteen for 15min drinking tea.
After that i had to go here and there in different rooms for 15 minutes and after that they finally accepted my request.

Now im paying Rs560 for 50Mbps unlimited and even modem is without any charge.

So my in my opinion DEATH TO MTNL/BSNL.

Last edited:
So ja buddhe BSNL. Terese na ho payega.

This BSNL Chairman Anupam Shrivastav is not your typical BSNL buddha, He told he will fight the aggressive Jio tarrifs and he did it, Now i am using 3GB/ Day for 90 days at just Rs. 289 on my BSNL sim card.

This BSNL Chairman Anupam Shrivastav is not your typical BSNL buddha, He told he will fight the aggressive Jio tarrifs and he did it, Now i am using 3GB/ Day for 90 days at just Rs. 289 on my BSNL sim card.

3G or 4g ??

What was he doing before the launch of Jio? Where was he? Sleeping in his AC cabin

Now he's got special powers after Jio launch to save the company. Shame.

4 months ago i was using mtnl and was paying Rs1300+ every month for 1Mbps speed, 100 calls and like 2-3 extra taxes were included on top of regular 15%.

They didn't even upgrade my plan and i should have been getting 2Mbps 60GB fup for months.

When i went to deactivate i had to wait 40min in their office because silly me who thought that mtnl babus will be in their office by 10am because almost every govt office has biometric punching nowadays but not mtnl.
They came in at 10:30am and sat in the canteen for 15min drinking tea.
After that i had to go here and there in different rooms for 15 minutes and after that they finally accepted my request.

Now im paying Rs560 for 50Mbps unlimited and even modem is without any charge.

So my in my opinion DEATH TO MTNL/BSNL.
Which isp now?

Location please

What was he doing before the launch of Jio? Where was he? Sleeping in his AC cabin

Now he's got special powers after Jio launch to save the company. Shame.

He was appointed 2 years back, good enough performance for moving a slow, sarkari behemoth. At least, the BSNL prepaid offers are available for everyone unlike the AVOID cartel who give segmented offers to only select users. I am just enjoying the best offer in India which AVOID cartel will never give even on their segmented plans.

3G or 4g ??

BSNL does not have 4G but i don't care as the speeds are faster on BSNL (2-3 Mbps) when compared to JIO (1-2 Mbps) in my area. why should i care about the technology used when the speeds are faster, I am just enjoying 270 GB at Rs. 289 which is the best offer in India.

Isp: hathway

Plan is 50mbps unlimited at Rs750.
This month there is offer to pay for 3 months and get 1 month free, so my cost is further reduced to 562.
If you want this plan then this guide will help you
https://broadbandforum.co/threads/guide-to-hathways-best-plans-at-cheaper-prices.146495/
In Hyderabad also its 449 for 40Mbps truly unlimited. But you have to go for 6 months plan.

http://www.hathwaybroadband.com/index-may-hyderabad.aspx?refUrl=btioGGLDMayHyd,hw_btio_May_Hyd

Last edited:
BSNL does not have 4G but i don't care as the speeds are faster on BSNL (2-3 Mbps) when compared to JIO (1-2 Mbps) in my area. why should i care about the technology used when the speeds are faster, I am just enjoying 270 GB at Rs. 289 which is the best offer in India.

You have a very good point. In cities etc. some of us are spoilt for choice. But others have to make do with the best available in their area. There was a time when i was solely dependent on bsnl 3g for even my heavy downloading needs. No other option. Thank god those days are past though...

You have a very good point. In cities etc. some of us are spoilt for choice. But others have to make do with the best available in their area. There was a time when i was solely dependent on bsnl 3g for even my heavy downloading needs. No other option. Thank god those days are past though...

Actually, This is a city situation, the Jio speeds are much better in small towns and villages when compared to the cities where the towers are saturated with heavy data users and people are getting 3G speeds on 4G.

Anyway, Wireless will never be a substitute for the wired broadband connection for me, i am not throwing out my Fiber connection even after getting 90GB/ Month in less than 100 rupees with BSNL 3G, wireless is just a data supplement for my phone while moving around.

If the low speed is because of congestion, speeds should be better at odd times, like early mornings. Maybe run a test sometime?

I live a little further from a tower than a friend. I consistently get around 20mbps while he gets around 40mbps. Does fluctuate a bit depending on time and load but not all the way down to 1-2mbps.

Ditto on the wired broadband. Just got back to my local internet connection and it's a relief from Jio hotspotting...

I remember there was a rumor something like 50mbps connection with 2000 gb FUP, I just want that to be true if they launch in Diwali. I don't need 100mbps speed (we are indians and we can wait) just give good offer at decent price and cut the wait.

For me it's the other way around. I need the speed (like 100 mbps) but don't need very high FUPs like 1TB or 2TB... for me I guess 100 GB is enough. I don't do too much online video streaming or heavy downloading.

For me it's the other way around. I need the speed (like 100 mbps) but don't need very high FUPs like 1TB or 2TB... for me I guess 100 GB is enough. I don't do too much online video streaming or heavy downloading.
>100gb is enough

If im not wrong pages open at the same speed on 50mbps as 100mbps

I actually do download "stuff" - linux software/code packages mostly. And the occasional ISOs here and there. I prefer for the updates/downloads to finish within seconds or a few minutes rather than, say, even waiting for more than 5 minutes. Very impatient that way.

I would be happy to have a "100 mbps" connection even if it only gives half that speed in reality.

Currently I have Airtel 4G and just now got a JIO SIM - they both give around 30-40 mbps speeds (only rarely) and most of the time anywhere from 5 - 20 mbps.

Getting 50 - 100 mbps speeds will cut my wait times by half or more. :D

Back