Jeans brands you love and hate.

6pack

ex-Mod
Had bad experience with a jeans brands I bought from Myntra.

Colors fading in weird places like the back side, color always leaching into the water and leaving stains on other clothes and shrinking.

Brand name is John Players.
The difference between two jeans from same brand is night and day. One is good quality and the other is like jute bag. No quality control. Price is like around 500-800 and keeps varying.

Brands I like is Wrangler, Levi's, Peter England. All costly and fit well. None of these leach color in water.

I universally hate the slim fit and skinny fit jeans. Also hate low rise jeans. Wonder how these girly things came to men's fashion. The really weird part is some manufacturers have such stupid fits in formal wear too. Which fool will wear skinny fit to work? :/

Your views please...

Edit: Mast and Harbour is another crap brand.
Jeans are like they were used or stood out in the sun for years.

Roadster is like low quality thin material.

Last edited:
i do not like wrangler secret inside the right pocket which causes trouble when placing smartphone in pocket. really annoying.

Other than that quality is superb.
I work in mechanical industry and i honestly feel instead of the polyester pants provided by company jeans make more sense

It all depends on your body type. IMHO skinny fit jeans don't look good on anyone. Basic rule to follow is:
If you are slim then slim and regular fit would look good on you.
If you are muscular then regular and bigger ones would look good on you. (don't know what fit comes after regular as I'm slim so never bothered:p)
If you are fat then loose ones will look good on you.

Brands I like:
1. Levi's:
  • Fits well and comfortable (though not the most comfortable).
  • These last very long. You can wear it for 3 years and if you get fat, pass it on to your younger brother and he can also wear it for 3 more years :p
2. Flying Machine:
  • Best fit. Super comfortable :D
  • These are prone to tear (just below the pocket and above knees) after 1 year of use. This has happened with all my FM jeans. Looks even better after getting torn though. Will last 6 more months in this condition so less life than Levi's.
3. Peter England:
  • Comes somewhere in between the above two brands in comfort and longevity.

Best : Levi's 501. The only bad is the button fly. lasts really long .. ding dong...
Worst: EE

Agree on the Levi's 501 but unfortunately the Indian ones are all Arvind Mills made if I'm not mistaken and the fit is just not the same as the old original foreign made 501's . Which I found weird because I always thought the fit for major brands were universal especially their most popular lines/models.

I had a pair of 501 that lasted years much before Levi became a big name in the Indian market.. a few years ago I went to get a new pair and the fit was just terrible

Agree on the Levi's 501 but unfortunately the Indian ones are all Arvind Mills made if I'm not mistaken and the fit is just not the same as the old original foreign made 501's . Which I found weird because I always thought the fit for major brands were universal especially their most popular lines/models.

I had a pair of 501 that lasted years much before Levi became a big name in the Indian market.. a few years ago I went to get a new pair and the fit was just terrible
I'm precisely at the same position...
Any alternative jeans you had "settled" on?
I don't like to wear low rise jeans..

I universally hate the slim fit and skinny fit jeans. Also hate low rise jeans.
Can't agree more..! It is a pain trying to find a normal fit or relaxed fit jean. One of the major reasons why I stopped buying jeans online. I've had some luck with fitting with Wrangler and Lee. I still have a pair of Wrangler that I'd bought almost 10 years ago! :p I've never found one that fits as comfortably as that old goldie.

I universally hate the slim fit and skinny fit jeans. Also hate low rise jeans. Wonder how these girly things came to men's fashion. The really weird part is some manufacturers have such stupid fits in formal wear too

Pretty much my feelings. Due to very much this reason, I did not buy those Khaki trousers in LifeStyles which are otherwise quite comfy. For jeans, no other brand is more comfortable for me than Levi's 511. These are quite light and have a 'smooth' sensing texture/cloth. They do last long and do not fade or get dull.

My favorite for cheap stuff - River Island & Marks n Spencer. Used to import 501 before but either of these are far superior for not much more.

Man, those skinny fits - who the f* with a 38" waist would want a skinny fit trouser.
I dunno, it might be okay for slim guys with ~28/30 waist. But those having 36/38" waist comes with some big thighs and it's even pain to try them. :)

Wrangler, Spyker were the brands I used to get - I still have one, with at least 3 repairs stitches on the front pocket area (huge Nokia mobiles are to blame here :D :p)
Now, have got some Levi's (65504) stretchable one - though kinds slim fit, at least lift my leg to ride a bike.

Have one each from
Levi's - My first expensive jeans which I ruined when fixing uncle's ink printer. Looking to dye it instead of throwing away though.
Spykar - it's so freaking soft and comfy I may have squeed a little when I picked it up.
GAS - picked up in Amazon sale. Carrot fit which I think suits my 28" waist.

Does anyone here truly wash their jeans? With detergent and soap?

I just put my jeans water+vinegar when I feeling like washing it. Don't worry about the smell. It goes away by the time it's dry.

:eek: Doesn't everyone do that? Or is it only me who washes jeans (in a washing machine with detergent) after wearing 4 or 5 times?

You got company. After a week of wearing it, I give it for laundry. After wearing it for a day, if we keep it in open to dry inside out, most smell and humidity goes away.

Last edited:
^^ ditto, wash after about a week of use. India is dirty enough that the outside gets grimy. Flipping inside out after each use is also essential, given the humidity and temp here and the fact that most of us sweat. But always flip jeans inside out when washing too. And fasten the button (which is now on the inside) so that it doesn't mark or score the tub.

Man, those skinny fits - who the f* with a 38" waist would want a skinny fit trouser.
I dunno, it might be okay for slim guys with ~28/30 waist. But those having 36/38" waist comes with some big thighs and it's even pain to try them. :)

Nope, not ok for us too.

Wrangler ftw. I'm quite skinny and found their Skanders line has an almost perfect fit for me. Got burnt badly with Levis, won't try them again. And wtf is with all the designs and sh!t on everything these days? As if the low waist nonsense wasn't enough.

Does anyone here truly wash their jeans? With detergent and soap?

I just put my jeans water+vinegar when I feeling like washing it. Don't worry about the smell. It goes away by the time it's dry.
I work at a very busy Public Sector Bank, you know how the toilets are :dead:,
so after a week of work, my jeans needs proper hard disinfection by use of detergent and water, dunno if I'll be comfortable with Vinegar to do the disinfecting.
Lets face it India is sweat dirt and grime, so while vinegar might keep the fabric fresh I'll always doubt whether it disposed of the dirt and germs that need disposing.

Back