Budget 0-20k Is this a good deal for a used laptop?

Hi. I was planning on buying a used laptop. Apologies if this is the wrong Forum or is meant only for purchasing a new laptop.

Someone has posted a for-sale ad on Facebook. I need your advice if it's a worthwhile deal. It's a Toshiba Satellite C665 with i5 520M @ 2.4 GHz, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM, inbuilt 1.5 GB graphics, Battery has been replaced and is in warranty but the laptop itself is out of warranty. The asking price is quoted at Rs.15,000/-.The configuration is fine by me as I need it mainly for wordprocessor and internet browsing.

Is the price ok for this configuration? And what pre-purchase precautions might I take?

Thanks.

For that price ,there are better configurations available on OLX and eBay, have a look there! For the said configurations half of the mentioned amount is fine.

I would suggest to skip these, and opt for

Dell Latitude
Lenovo Thinkpads
HP Probooks

The spares for these, even the older models are easily available. For the toshiba satellite, I could not easily get the hinges.

Optionally, if you can spend 15K, why not spend a bit more say 20K and get a new one, on EMI?

Hi. I was planning on buying a used laptop. Apologies if this is the wrong Forum or is meant only for purchasing a new laptop.

Someone has posted a for-sale ad on Facebook. I need your advice if it's a worthwhile deal. It's a Toshiba Satellite C665 with i5 520M @ 2.4 GHz, 500 GB HDD, 4 GB RAM, inbuilt 1.5 GB graphics, Battery has been replaced and is in warranty but the laptop itself is out of warranty. The asking price is quoted at Rs.15,000/-.The configuration is fine by me as I need it mainly for wordprocessor and internet browsing.

Is the price ok for this configuration? And what pre-purchase precautions might I take?

Thanks.

Spares will be hard to come by.

Considering your usage requirements, getting a new notebook by pushing your budget slightly is probably the best way to go. Cheers!

Back