Is Snapdeal still relevant in 2018?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
^question.
Anyone still shopping on Snapdeal?
And anyone here think that Snapdeal+Flipkart merger will do better than standalone Snapdeal and Flipkart?

Personally I don't like using multiple sites. It's such a headache as a consumer. Just count them, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Myntra, Jabong etc. Well eBay and Mantra are now owned by Flipkart but still different sites. I was glad when the news of the probable merger came out.
Also Flipkart customer services is not as good as Amazon's. Same for Snapdeal. Maybe a merger and killing off the brand Snapdeal and full concentration on Flipkart will help.

Last edited:
Snapdeal sales are not much now a days but they have reduced losses, that's what matters now.
They do not have money now to burn on discounts, So they are quiet.

After Freecharge sale to Axis bank, they've started spamming about Free digital account. Well F** that.

Thanks for bringing up the Freecharge. I'm still trying to figure out why the hell Snapdeal paid $400M for that shit. It was beyond logic. And my conspiracy theory goes like this: that the founders of two companies were in cahoots with each other. It makes no sense.

I doubt the intentions of the promoters. They all are in a comfortable positions making atleast 200+ crores even if companies are going bankrupt and further shutting down/merger.

These companies also sell the database to each company for a minimum of Rs 50,000 i heard , Depending on the size of the database. Then that company resells it for less amounts.
Well it started off with letsbuy. May God scew those b*s***ds royally.

Last edited:
Last month ordered 3 items from Snapdeal. Why you so sceptic about it? Its simply as fk and amazon. In fact rates on Snapdeal are too low compared to amazon and fk only privilege is theres no option for same day delivery or prime but anyways it reaches within 4-5 days so its ok with me.

I only buy from Amazon now. My concern with Snapdeal and Flipkart is that I do not have confidence in these companies if I need any kind of after sales support.

Back