PC Peripherals Is my Power supply enough?

gabalpwnz

Disciple
Hi all (srry if i post in the wrong section) i have a little problem regarding power supply on my pc

- intel core quad 2 3k ghz

- p7p55 - ws - supercomp

- 8 gb ddr 3 2k mhz

- wd 300 gb 10k rpm

- nvidia gtx 285

so the question is can a 550 w power supply handle this? any tips would be appreciated tnx

EDIT: srry guys my bad i forgot to mention my video card :S

but will this power supply be enough? jewel 550w i can`t remember the exact name and btw 3.3 k what? euro?USD? that is abit to much :p

around 50 euro or more but would my current psu handle it?:D that is all i wanna know if not suggest me something :p

sarpanch85 tnx m8 for ur help

ty all for ur time,please read it again if u wish i had to edit it because i forgot to add the video card

naveen58 Corsair VX450 is enough for that system? then a 550 w jewel psu should work to

ty in advance

Is this the Jewel 550 you're talking about? : SP-ATX-550WTN-PFC-Jewel 550â„¢

If it is, I'd say even the Corsair CX400 is better than that.

The *overall* wattage i.e. 550W does not matter.. the amount of power that is available on the 12V rail does. In the Jewel 550's case, thats hardly 27.5A/330W of power (the linked page lists this spec). The CX400 which is rated "only" 400W offers up 360W. You decide which one is better ;)

Where do you live and what options are available to you? I guess a 50 euro budget should fit in the Corsair CX400 or VX450.

Edit: Just saw your graphics card addition. The GTX 285 definitely demands a lot more. I would advise starting off with atleast the Corsair VX550 / HX520 and going up from there. The Jewel "550" will not cut it in the long run.

ty all for ur help but some guys on other forum said my comfig will not work :/ that parts wont fit >.>

Crazy_Eddy tnx for explanation i`m not to good on stuff like this :(

i`m from Romania xD

I would never recommend a CX 400 for your rig, not even a VX 450.

Antec EA 650 or Glacial power AL650AA, both are really good PSU and almost 88% efficient. Both can take loads upto 750w+ easily.

Both are sub 100$ PSUs. Corsair HX 520 shoud do the jon but is expensive [coz modular] and wont take as much load as the first mentioned two PSUs.

gabalpwnz said:
ty all for ur help but some guys on other forum said my comfig will not work :/ that parts wont fit >.>

i`m from Romania xD

Oops, dunno how we missed that! Yep they're right. That board is an LGA 1156 board, which means a Core 2 Quad wont work with that. You can choose between the Core i5 750 and the i7 860 processor instead. Everything else should work fine.

Glacial Power AL650AA.. - Max 70 Euros. - 2 yrs warranty

Corsair TX650.. - MAx 100 Euros

Corsair HX620.. - Not sure but definitely more than 100 EuR.

All three are excellent... Expect that Corsair has 5 yrs warranty..

Better to change your psu soon before something blows up due to lack of power!!
Try to get an OCZ 600w stealthxsteam. It's like 90USD & has plenty of power.

Back