iOS iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X

whats "pickups with nxt" ? you mean the part where he picks up the backup/next phone - it is also there in this video :D

Seems mostly apple haters here. I have watched the complete coverage and if whatever they mentioned is true, then it would be awesome. If face id can detect and differentiates between photos / Masks from an actual person, it is revolutionary unlike samy which included just for the sake of it :p
I can only envisage others adopting this technology (dot projector / LTE watches etc.. cough samy)

Let's wait till the phone hits the reviewers before assuming anything. Wish i could afford, but i am very happy with my Android phone as of now :)

What about couple years old "Windows Hello" (with infra red face/iris detection) that MS came out in Lumia phones already? Plus the Intel "realsense" cams on laptops/desktops also for Hello? The Apple fans conveniently ignore that? What was it? Steve Jobs' reality distortion field?

What is a "Bionic Processor" ??? :D Are the Apple marketroids now injecting their lingo in the tech specs wording too??? hehehe

facepalm @ that "notch" on the X :D

Didn't FBI get some Israel company help to crack TouchID? Or was that a regular non-TouchID iphone that was unlocked / opened by US law enforcement?

So this ML and AI stuff is what they mean by "A11 Bionic CPU" ???

Yeah, cool but scary stuff.

whats "pickups with nxt" ? you mean the part where he picks up the backup/next phone - it is also there in this video :D

What about couple years old "Windows Hello" (with infra red face/iris detection) that MS came out in Lumia phones already? Plus the Intel "realsense" cams on laptops/desktops also for Hello? The Apple fans conveniently ignore that? What was it? Steve Jobs' reality distortion field?

So much butthurt...

For whom? Me? Or you? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1505519588][/DOUBLEPOST]
Intel or microsoft never worked witg that accuracy while Apple works

Is there anything equivalent in the android world? (other than the samsung thing which apparently already FAILed?) I've never experienced WinHell(o) myself just in YT videos and so far no news about it getting hacked or whatever.[DOUBLEPOST=1505519637][/DOUBLEPOST]
So much butthurt...

Well, I am going to get my first Android device by this year hopefully (Nokia 6) so I simply have to start my own flamewars against Apple, na?

IMG-20170915-WA0003.jpg

https://www.techwalls.com/production-costs-of-smartphones/

anKpXUk.png

Tim Cook says $999 iPhone X is “a value price”

Appearing on Good Morning America to talk about Dreamers and the Trump administrations recent discussions with Democrats to try to organize legislation to protect young immigrants, Cook faced questions from the audience about other topics, including iPhone X. “I understand inflation, etc” one viewer asked, “but don’t you find the price tag for the iPhone X out of reach for the average American?”

It’s clearly not a topic that Cook was unprepared to face, as he doubled-down on the argument that you’re paying for convergence. “It’s a value price, actually, for the technology that you’re getting,” the Apple CEO argued. Certainly, during the keynote last week, Apple execs highlighted how many formerly independent gadgets – like MP3 players and standalone cameras – the iPhone had absorbed and replaced over the years.

Last edited:
I think Apple is struggling with their design ethics and standards heavily, probably due to their higher than normal churn that we've been seeing reported lately I'd presume.. just downloaded and upgraded to iOS 11 and I absolutely HATE it..

For the 1st time ever I feel this is one messy revision to the OS and for some reason it just doesn't fit in seamleslly across all parts.. hate what they've done to the calculator/favourite contacts lits/dial pad.. I mean WTF! Big large bold alphabets/numbers with grey circles around them? LIKE SERIOUSLY W T F Apple? Did they get a friggin 5 year old to design this shit?

So so so fu*kin let down with this update.. just friggin hate it. This for sure is not the Apple we've loved over the years.

It's a downright cartoonish update. Oh FFS that GODAWFUL Network signal indicator now looks like a bloated piece of Disney crap sitting there.

Maybe it is ugly, really don't know why are they doing that. I bought iPhone 7 month ago and it is really perfect telephone if you need it for some work on internet, really cool pictures etc. When the word is about the price, I do think it is a little overpriced, but the thing that is annoying me the most is that they don't want to make a phone that will be fast, cool design and have a good battery. I know that is the tactic for selling more, but it is annoying.

Attachments

• iPhone7.jpg
    iPhone7.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. Got a IPhone 8 plus for my wife. Got a weird problem. When she clicks photos the phone gets hot. Pretty hot that you can feel it in the back. And cools down when you shut down the camera. Has anyone experienced this. Also some of the photos clicked with the rear camera are not clear. Even in good daylight. I bought it off an apple store in Kolkata. Do pitch in with suggestion guys

Hey guys. Got a IPhone 8 plus for my wife. Got a weird problem. When she clicks photos the phone gets hot. Pretty hot that you can feel it in the back. And cools down when you shut down the camera. Has anyone experienced this. Also some of the photos clicked with the rear camera are not clear. Even in good daylight. I bought it off an apple store in Kolkata. Do pitch in with suggestion guys

I would go to the store to check that if you have a warranty, any phone shouldn't heat up, so, go and check that or your battery could die. On my iPhone 7 is everything normal, it isn't heating up even when I use it for all day.

Just go to apple store. apple had few iphones 8 and 8 plus heating up and in some cases, batteries swelling up and dislodging the display out of the frame.

Back