iOS iPhone 7 Plus Model compatible with Indian networks

sibot

Adept
Hi,
I want to buy an iPhone 7 Plus from the US. The unlocked models available are A1661 and A1784. I would like to know which of the two are compatible with major networks in India? It would be primarily used with an Airtel connection.

Thanks!

Thats might be because they could be selling the Intel variant here, as opposed to the Qualcomm one in the states, maybe.

True that. They are selling the intel variant here. And from first hand experience with two phones side by side. I can say that the intel one was slower. But, if the signal is full, then there should barely be any difference.

While the test was purely on switching sims basis. We did find a 5 to 10% change in speeds (NTP) consistently. But, when generally loading apps and all, there was no discernible difference.

Disclosure: Neither of these phones was mine, and we were testing this only out of curiosity. I myself am an android and windows nut and use tablets, PCs and phones of both these OSes with all types of processors (Snapdragon, Exynox, Intel, AMD).

True that. They are selling the intel variant here. And from first hand experience with two phones side by side. I can say that the intel one was slower. But, if the signal is full, then there should barely be any difference.

While the test was purely on switching sims basis. We did find a 5 to 10% change in speeds (NTP) consistently. But, when generally loading apps and all, there was no discernible difference.

Disclosure: Neither of these phones was mine, and we were testing this only out of curiosity. I myself am an android and windows nut and use tablets, PCs and phones of both these OSes with all types of processors (Snapdragon, Exynox, Intel, AMD).

I suspect that the news articles which came later after the Apple Qualcomm fight [Intel modem speed issues, Qualcomm usage in Windows] were purely to spite each other. Apple is the maker of the hardware, and if it decides that Intel is good enough, it should be good enough for everyone.

I would not support either Qualcomm or Intel or even Apple because each of them has a history of not playing fair.

I suspect that the news articles which came later after the Apple Qualcomm fight [Intel modem speed issues, Qualcomm usage in Windows] were purely to spite each other. Apple is the maker of the hardware, and if it decides that Intel is good enough, it should be good enough for everyone.

I would not support either Qualcomm or Intel or even Apple because each of them has a history of not playing fair.

I was not aware of any news article. This was a test we carried out on two phones that a couple of my friends got, purely on the basis of curiosity. They are anyway after our money and I have no love for any manufacturer. My love is for my money and my satisfaction. ;)

I was not aware of any news article. This was a test we carried out on two phones that a couple of my friends got, purely on the basis of curiosity. They are anyway after our money and I have no love for any manufacturer. My love is for my money and my satisfaction. ;)

Then you should google for the same...

Wow thank you guys! This was really informative. I've gone ahead with the Qualcomm A1784 model.

I had no clue that Apple used different manufacturers/parts for the same phone. Will do more research on my next purchase.

Back