iOS iPhone 6 screen cracked. Advice needed..

ravneet

Recruit
Hello. I am from Chandigarh. My husband's iPhone 6 screen got cracked this morning. It is probably a usa purchase. Last time, when he faced an issue with charging, the service center said its service is not covered in India. Today i called up some centres. Only one apple centre in Chandigarh (out of those mentioned on Apple website) replied. They said 12500 for an original. 8-10 days for processing. In Mohali.

It made me even more disappointed. But then i got another store number in sector 47. They asked if touch display is working. I said yes. And they claimed they are original and will do it for 5k in 2-2.5 hrs. But I found out that they are not authorised.

So all this while i was thinking that those 12.5k people are going to do original Apple screen and not others.

But now i came across this discussion. And i feel that 12.5 is also first copy after reading this. What do you think?

And what would be a better option? Do I have any other options. We are on a tight budget. The phone was purchased in October 2014.

Apple never repair phones they will swap the phone with a new one if its in warranty and if out warranty or damaged phone they will charge approx 19k for iPhone 6 16GB.

As for tjr local repair shops they will replace the screen with the Chinese one which are obviously fake/copy but they do work. So if u are ready to spend around 19k for the repair from the Apple SC then go for it or else get it repaired from the local repair shop.

I have an iCloud locked phone, space gray color, so black Lcd which can be sold to recover some of the money I spent on this phone
Can apply on OP's phone as doing so is relatively easy, incl transferring the home button from original Lcd to new one.
But I'm in Delhi, in case you can manage to get the phone here

Ok.. It is a space gray 64gb, and out of warranty. Even my friends told me that you do not get an original screen even on authorised apple service center. Better get a non apple one. It works just fine.. Is it so? And spending that big an amount on replacement doesn't seem feasible at the moment.
Thanks for the replies!

Ok.. It is a space gray 64gb, and out of warranty. Even my friends told me that you do not get an original screen even on authorised apple service center. Better get a non apple one. It works just fine.. Is it so? And spending that big an amount on replacement doesn't seem feasible at the moment.
Thanks for the replies!
As said Apple does not sells parts individually, For 64GB they will charge close to 25k for swap. Yes the Chinese display works fine u may get some warranty from the local repair shop for the display.

Go with the local/Chinese display or the one mentioned above by @dealwise.

As said Apple does not sells parts individually, For 64GB they will charge close to 25k for swap. Yes the Chinese display works fine u may get some warranty from the local repair shop for the display.

Go with the local/Chinese display or the one mentioned above by @dealwise.

I am thinking to go with the local display. But what i want to know is suppose i sell the phone 4-6 months from now.
What price can one expect for
- an original undamaged iphone 6
- iPhone 6 with replaced display of another iPhone as mentioned by @dealwise
- iPhone 6 with local display?[DOUBLEPOST=1462026686][/DOUBLEPOST]And what price can I expect for a refurbished iPhone 6?

By 4-6 months from now i mean the time when iPhone 7 will be released in usa and/or India

Last edited:
No one can tell u the future resale price for any phone but considering if u have an original display u will get a better resale value then a local one.

Also if u have a good quality local display I doubt one can make out the difference between the OG/Local

Someone has posted on TeamBHP that Apple has started repairing phones instead of replacing them. They are replacing his screen because of a stuck pixel on his 6s. Is this change true or are the service centre people taking him for a ride and replacing the screen with a chinese replacement.

Someone has posted on TeamBHP that Apple has started repairing phones instead of replacing them. They are replacing his screen because of a stuck pixel on his 6s. Is this change true or are the service centre people taking him for a ride and replacing the screen with a chinese replacement.
I really doubt as i personally got my mom 6s replaced 2 days back.

Back