iOS iPhone 5s/c Sprint Unlock with Rsim Air 2

n1tesh

Disciple
Follow this steps to get FULLY FUNCTIONING iPhone 5s/c Sprint with Rsim Air 2.

1. Restore your iPhone through iTunes as a completely new device

2. Activate iPhone (with Sprint sim card)

3. Jailbrake your iPhone

4. Before inserting the R-sim, go to "Settings" - "Cellular" and turn off all switches, including the "cellular data", "data roaming" and "3G". - Next Insert R-sim AIR2 and configure it by in the pop-up menu the following steps: «US SPR» - further model of your iPhone - more «iOS7.1.X». After this, remove the R-sim and put aside up to 13 points.

5. Run «Cydia» menu and install iFile iPhone: - this will make all the updates in Cydia (tab "Changes") - then go to the tab "Search" - recruit «iFile» - Press install - waiting for the completion of installation.

6. Run iFile

7. We pass on the directory: / System / Library / Carrier Bundles / iPhone

8. In the folder list, find «Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US.bundle» - Push the button «i» and rename the folder to «Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US_OLD.bundle» Or you can also delete this bundle.

9. Next on the list of folders find «CarrierLab.bundle» and rename it «Sprint_CSIM_LTE_US.bundle»

10. Close «iFile» and again run «Cydia»: turn to the tab "Source (Source)», click "Edit (Edit)» and «Add (Add)». Enter the address of repo: «www.isamteam.com», press "OK" and wait for the installation and restart Cydia.

11. We turn again to the tab "Source (Source)», select «SAMSIM & R-SIM Source» - more «All Packages» - choose «A: R-SIM iOS 7 5s/5C/5 ...» and install.

12. Reboot your iPhone

13. Insert the pre-configured R-sim and expect the appearance of the network. (In case the phone will go to "Activate", wait - this message can appear and disappear spontaneously several times).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outgoing Calls/SMS ✓
Incoming Calls/SMS ✓
Internet (2G/3G) ✓ - 3G is not stable though on some carriers.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly - you bought an Sprint iphone 5s and we had a big discussion about it right ?
Finally it paid of is it ? :) :)

If I remember correctly - you bought an Sprint iphone 5s and we had a big discussion about it right ?
Finally it paid of is it ? :) :)

Hahahaha
Yeah correct. BTW Air 2 was launched 2 months ago so I only had to wait for few days :)

Last edited:
Do you guys know how to get the r-sim air 2 to unlock iphone 5s locked to T-mobile?

I dont know whether Air 2 works on T-mobile 5s or not. It was made specially for Sprint 5s. Still give a try with the above guide, if u get stuck in any step then post it here we will help u out.
Mini 2 will work on T-mobile 5s for sure I can say.

Ok not a complete noob but I am when it comes to rsim. This is definitely a noob question! When you say activate with sprint sim, does the sprint sim have to be with active service? Can it be a sim from a recently cancelled sprint account that was working when I cancelled service? I hope articulated this question that you understand what asking.

Ok not a complete noob but I am when it comes to rsim. This is definitely a noob question! When you say activate with sprint sim, does the sprint sim have to be with active service? Can it be a sim from a recently cancelled sprint account that was working when I cancelled service? I hope articulated this question that you understand what asking.
yes. i can be a deactivated sim, or even a sim which was never active on any account.

When I try I get an error that says server down. Try activating through iTunes. Then when I try iTunes I get an error message as well.

Also was wondering if it possible to go from CDMA sprint 5s to CDMA verizon?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I try I get an error that says server down. Try activating through iTunes. Then when I try iTunes I get an error message as well.

Also was wondering if it possible to go from CDMA sprint 5s to CDMA verizon?

Not possible.
you can skip the step of using Sprint sim if u are using Mini 2 v9.8

Would it work with 5 or 5c? I got verizon to add my imei with an unlocked sprint iPhone 4. I also have a carrier bundle question. I know I could change the names of the carrier bundles back to revert but would restoring the ipsw also revert the carrier bundles back to original?

Would it work with 5 or 5c? I got verizon to add my imei with an unlocked sprint iPhone 4. I also have a carrier bundle question. I know I could change the names of the carrier bundles back to revert but would restoring the ipsw also revert the carrier bundles back to original?

You can use Verizon on your unlocked iPhone 4 Sprint [CDMA model]. For 5/5s/c your phone must be factory unlocked if u wanna use Verizon or any other connection on it.
And Yes after restore all settings will be reverted. You have to start from scratch

Last edited:
Thank you for the information n1. I cant figure out why so many people cant seem to keep straight their GSM's from their CDMA's. So many people get confused especially between Sprint and Verizon. Straight from wikipedia: Of these, AT&T Mobility and T-Mobile US use GSM, while Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular and Sprint use CDMA. Also I figured out that if you follow the guide of flashing a sprint 5 series phone to pageplus (verizon prepaid) that the meid gets added to verizons database therefore bypassing the otherwise problematic provisioning problem. If I can get passed the provisioning I wonder??? My only question now is if Sprint and Verizon sim trays do the same thing?? I believe Verizon iPhones sims are for International GSM services and LTE on the iPhone5. Does sprint sim serve the same purpose? I know i could just order the unlocked hardware from china. Im better at the hardware repairs than the software ones. If I do that there really wouldnt be a point to the r sim air 2 though.[DOUBLEPOST=1408285768][/DOUBLEPOST]N1 am I trying to climb an unclimbable mountain? If I do make it to the top of this peak is it going to be a pyrrhic victory? I can trust anothers wisdom when Im sure they've already examined all the evidence and found it to be unworthy.

Last edited:
whenever i get the network it goes to activation screen and again activates automatically...it never stops.kept my phone for 20 mins but it never stops..any help??

Hi,

I tried your steps and it works.
But still two questions:
1, I can only get up to 3G, no 4G possbile, and to get on internet, I need to put "data roaming " button on. Is this also your case?
2, When on 3G data, I will miss almost all of my calls and SMS, but when changing to 2G network, then it works well. Is this also your case?

Finally, any patch to fix these two bugs?
Thanks.
Robin.

Back