iPad 4 vs Nexus 10

so there is a player called "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.video" Archos video player - this plays all files with HW decoding as far as I know...it wont be able to play dts audio and will give plugin error....

for this download - https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tNHJrM3QubGliY29weTIiXQ.. -
Archos Video all codecs plugin...and just open it after installation it will install the codecs...after that dts will work flawlessly

Even MX Player was supposed to play those files with the codec you have given and i followed the instructions to boot, but couldn't get it to work. Looks like archos player works better. I just went and bought the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for my iPad and this thing now looks like a MacBook Air. Also ordered a few skins from SkinIt.com.
Frankly speaking I am in love with this thing. Now i only have to find a file explorer that works like ES Explorer used to and a player like Archos Player which plays videos using the iPad's hardware and not the PC's.

I still dont understand why do you need a file explorer like ES for iPad in the first place!!
There are MANY options available for media(stored in your home server) streaming to your iPad!!
You dont need a stupid Android tablet for that!

I still dont understand why do you need a file explorer like ES for iPad in the first place!!
There are MANY options available for media(stored in your home server) streaming to your iPad!!
You dont need a stupid Android tablet for that!

Bro. ES File explorer doesn't copy the file. It only accesses/buffers it. MX Player uses that buffer to play the file and plays it using the tablets hardware.

iOs does not have an app in it's entire arsenal that can do that

For an iPad there are 2 kinda apps -

1) Media Player like AV Player HD(already bought) - You can transfer files over Wi-fi or via iTunes.In both cases you can't use your iPad while the copying is going on.

2) Streamers like Air Video(tried), VLC Streamer( tried), AVStreamer HD( Remote Desktop as well as streamer and probably the best of the lot, bought and tried) - All of these apps require a server component installed on your PC which converts the files on the fly.

This might be acceptable for most people, but i have to stream data off my PC while my brother is using it to play high resource hogging games like BF3, Crysis, etc. So i can't afford to use the resources of the PC to convert the files for me.

In case of ES File Explore + MX Player combo, the phone/tablet in use sees the remote location as an exxtension of it's own memory and the only resource used from the PC is the hard disk. Hence it is a more elegant and efficient solution to getting the same thing done.

Also if i want to stream data off my NAS which has the first gen Atom as it's processor then too this solution will work better because that NAS doesn't have enough processing power to keep up with the conversion.

#red dragon - I really thank you for all your efforts. I really like this iPad and I would love to keep it, so please don't think your efforts are going to waste.

I tried searching on both Google and App Store but no luck finding anything named ARC MC.If it is not too much, can you post a link to it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1357961734.634229.jpg

Thanks a lot man.
This looks like it. Though i will have to setup a library in WMP or XBMC to get tis working, but it is still many times better than most of the other stuff out there. I tried playing a 1080p MKV of Project X by using XBMC server but it was very choppy to say the least.
I think i just gonna find a format that works and convert all my stuff to that format.

So the iPad 4 it is? Many congrats.

Hehe. Thanks man. The more tablet specific apps and a lot of quality accessories is what steered my decision towards the iPad. it is very frustrating though, without the jailbreak. Let's hope i have the patience to stick to it. If not i will pass this to my Dad and get a Nexus myself.

....I tried playing a 1080p MKV of Project X by using XBMC server but it was very choppy to say the least.
I think i just gonna find a format that works and convert all my stuff to that format.
Something might be wrong with your set up,I can play 1080p mkv rips with zero lag in 4s and 5 with Twonky media server.

none of my business...but is it like a religion thing where you are trying to convert him into an apple fanboy??

"Dont even think of doing that" .... really? is it so unimaginably bad if he hates the closed walls?

Dont even think of doing that,if you want to try paid apps before buying,there are workarounds,even for non jailbroken devices.

I would love to hear more about it. Currently i am thinking of setting up a NAS with XBMC set up so that i can stream using the iPad.

Back