inverter AC which can work upto 50C outside temperature

mastersquall

Boomshakalaka! mastersquall.com
Adept
Hi guys,

i am looking for invertor split ac for room size 1200sqft room divided by wall and two opening no gate . AC going to run full day 10AM to 9PM . Seeing recently delhi temperature reaching 47C . i want future proof .

till now only hitachi is offering .
although i really wanted daikon or ogeneral but both have max 46C .

Unit will face full day direct sun as there are no other option

so for now i have settled for this AC http://www.hitachi-hli.com/productdetail/Ace-Inverter/
let me know if there are better option then this at lower cost

You need to understand what the outside temperature specification means, and it is specified differently for different manufacturers.

One is the breakdown temperature, the temperature where it is dangerous for the unit to be operated without risk of failure and injury.

Another way is the maximum outside temperature where the unit can maintain a specified indoor temperature.

If you do not know the basis, you can never identify which the correct spec is.

In any case, providing a bit of shade to the ODU will help the unit conserve power, and drop the apparent temperature to the unit. A simple fibreglass 'roof' to block out the direct sunlight during the peak hours (11am to 3pm) will see major savings and efficiency. It does not need to be a big piece, just a hat.

Another way to counter such problems is oversizing. A unit that is oversized 2x will operate for much lower time to cool the same volume, dropping the stress on the ODU and all related problems. For example if you need a 1T unit, get 1.5 or 2T instead and it will not have a problem keeping things cool even in searing heat.

I have less knowledge in this department please guide me
See I have seen voltas and many other brands stopped working in June till now people has recommended me general and dikon AC but lot of people saying to buy inverter AC will save you money I don't know it will work or not

There is a long thread on inverter ACS on the forum, look that up. It was concluded that there are many ways to save money and inverters do not automatically mean savings.

I would recommend looking at a larger unit than necessary, and putting some thought into insulation. It sounds like this is for a commercial establishment. Remember that the better you get at keeping the heat out of the room, the lesser stress there is on the unit. A lot of people tend to use air curtains etc to aid this, and this may or may not be a good idea - for example, ladies do not like walking through them.

Once you ensure your heat load is as low as possible, you can get cracking on the aircondioning itself. Sometimes it helps to use multiple units. Two 1T units will be cost effective, you can make do with cheaper ones and you get larger airflow coverage. During the 8 months where heat is not so intense you could cycle the units and run one at a time. Use your intelligence and apply it to the problem, you will find the right solution.

Yes you are right it's commercial shop one is 575sqft and another one is 625sqft connected using small passage(two people can fit together ) only one shop door open . It's located in basement and as it's East facing store so only morning we get to see sun . All window are closed

Seeing your post I got idea i think I can go for 4 3star or 5star ac all 1 ton and place them all corner will cover whole store will keep two ac running two shut this way store remain cool

What do you think .

It seems that being in the basement your heat load is very low so four 1T units specified to a max outside temperature of 48 or 50C will work quite well. Once the rooms are cooled down initially the units will be barely ticking along so even lower efficiency units will not be running their compressors for too long. However as conventional wisdom states, get the best units you can afford. Since you have a very long operation time, a hundred watt difference in power consumption per unit with the compressor used 50% of the time is still 30 additional units a month.

I think Inverter AC will be better for his use as he will be using the AC's continuously for more thanks 8hrs all throughout the year.

I do not know much about ac technology but I have just replaced my 3 star Panasonic split with sharp inverter and savings are phenomenal. It consumes around 400-600 watt after 11 pm. Even in afternoons consumption comes down to 700 watts.

i got few suggestion from many people to use 1.5AC invertor for each side . if require add one more unit later stage each side . they say being basement it always remain cool so no issue + it does face sun full day . after which cheapest inverter 1.5 AC i am getting is Sharp AH-X18PET for 41k .

I'd not recommend Sharp. Bought the XP13 PHT and it sucks. The cooling is below Par and the Sharp Support sucks big time. My other Hitachi 5 Star literally is a star (only if it could produce less noise).

The sharp just emits mildly cold air and that's it. It takes more than couple of hours to cool off a 120 sq ft room. The hitachi does the same in less than 5 minutes.

I bought the sharp for the associated power savings but whats the use if it doesn't even cool. May be I gave in too soon to the inverter/sharp hype.

I'd not recommend Sharp. Bought the XP13 PHT and it sucks. The cooling is below Par and the Sharp Support sucks big time. My other Hitachi 5 Star literally is a star (only if it could produce less noise).

The sharp just emits mildly cold air and that's it. It takes more than couple of hours to cool off a 120 sq ft room. The hitachi does the same in less than 5 minutes.

I bought the sharp for the associated power savings but whats the use if it doesn't even cool. May be I gave in too soon to the inverter/sharp hype.
Call the Sharp service centre. Something is definitely wrong with your AC.

refill the gas .. call sharp ..they will do it free

my sharp ac cools the room in 1 minute .. at 28C.. full chill .. my wife said this is the best gift in her life.. yo yo ..

choosing ac is confusing
i had talked few people who has commercial space near me .
all recommended daikon or general
because when there are 10-20 people comes other brands AC would give up and that's not good based on there past experience

also they recommended to go for 2ton 2AC per space but i think 1.5Ton should also working as i am in basement
i want AC to work don't care star rating or invertor technology
@cranky what do you think

Brand is a question I can't answer (not aware/don't care), but yes, a couple of 2T units should be able to do the job adequately.

Back