India's ruling party ordered online abuse of opponents, claims book

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nline-abuse-opponents-actors-modi-claims-book

https://thewire.in/89848/bjp-trolls-snapdeal-aamir-khan/

Khosla claims in the book that starting late in 2013, and for nearly two years after, she was one of hundreds of BJP supporters receiving direct instructions on messages to push online from senior members of the party’s social media unit.

She received the orders through WhatsApp but also met senior members of the digital unit, she claims.

A fervent Modi supporter at the time, Khosla said she enthusiastically participated, using her Twitter account to criticise Rahul Gandhi and his mother Sonia, both senior members of the Congress party, which has ruled India for much of the 70 years since independence.

But she claims she grew uncomfortable when ordered to tweet criticisms of prominent Indian journalists, such as Rajdeep Sardesai and Barkha Dutt, which sometimes featured “slanderous claims”.

“It was a never-ending drip-feed of hate and bigotry against the minorities, the Gandhi family, journalists on the hit list, liberals, anyone perceived as anti-Modi,” she is quoted in the book as saying.

“I simply could not follow [the] directions anymore when I saw rape threats made against female journalists like Barkha Dutt,” she said.

“Every day some new person was a target and they would attack like a swarm of bees with vile sexual innuendoes, slander, rape and death threats … It made me feel suffocated as a woman.”

Khosla left the unit after she was asked to spread a petition calling for SnapDeal, a shopping website, to cut its ties with the Bollywood actor Aamir Khan.

Nothing new I guess. BJP has used digital media and later social networking very well and they have paid trolls everywhere.

Modi follows these trolls through his official account. With Modi's backing their hurl abuses at women, make rape threats and what not. Its an open secret that 99.99% of the so called "fans" are paid trolls. Most of the tweets that you see during elections that seem organic and non-trollish are tweets that are paid for at 10Rs per tweet.

99.9% seems a bit too high. Most Indians already behave like these so called trolls, believe in same BS, and hold same values. You need hundreds maybe, but rest of the bhakts will like, share, and forward everything like a damn chain letter.

It should be actually studied how BJP managed to brainwash and manipulate public opinion between 2007-2014.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nline-abuse-opponents-actors-modi-claims-book

https://thewire.in/89848/bjp-trolls-snapdeal-aamir-khan/

Nothing new I guess. BJP has used digital media and later social networking very well and they have paid trolls everywhere.
When Politicians became corrupt, Print media became powerful. When Print media became corrupt Electronic media took over. When electronic media became abysmally corrupt (Nira Radia tapes, Bahut Kranthikari by AK or Arnabs pathetic interview of Modi etc) ; Social Media has taken over & it is contributing to the public opinion currently. Something else will emerge when it reaches its nadir of corruption.

Having a influence on the most effective medium of the day is a astute requirement for a current generation political party. Some parties are effective and some are not, crying doesn't help, and I don't think the collective opinion can be bought. If that were to be the case, after 10yr of most scam ridden government ever, Congress could've afforded to buy most of the opinion on the social media to their favour. They're (Congress) employing Chanakya Kishore (who organized most successful Modi campaign of 2014) for UP elections but can you see any positive impact in social media? None in favor of Congress.

So mostly there's a majority of unpaid Bhakts and they have a opinion ; it is as much valid as any of us. We can disagree with it, but can't ignore it. I personally don't agree with many of such endless forwards by friends and colleagues on either side of the coin but I very much respect their opinion. Calling someone a 'Paid Bhakt' who doesn't agree with your line of thinking is equally filthy as calling someone 'Anti-national' because he's making anti Modi comments.

You concluded it well, nothing new anyway - earlier they bought a favorable opinion by electronic media, now trying to buy a favorable opinion on social media.

When Politicians became corrupt, Print media became powerful. When Print media became corrupt Electronic media took over. When electronic media became abysmally corrupt (Nira Radia tapes, Bahut Kranthikari by AK or Arnabs pathetic interview of Modi etc) ; Social Media has taken over & it is contributing to the public opinion currently. Something else will emerge when it reaches its nadir of corruption.

Having a influence on the most effective medium of the day is a astute requirement for a current generation political party. Some parties are effective and some are not, crying doesn't help, and I don't think the collective opinion can be bought. If that were to be the case, after 10yr of most scam ridden government ever, Congress could've afforded to buy most of the opinion on the social media to their favour. They're (Congress) employing Chanakya Kishore (who organized most successful Modi campaign of 2014) for UP elections but can you see any positive impact in social media? None in favor of Congress.

So mostly there's a majority of unpaid Bhakts and they have a opinion ; it is as much valid as any of us. We can disagree with it, but can't ignore it. I personally don't agree with many of such endless forwards by friends and colleagues on either side of the coin but I very much respect their opinion. Calling someone a 'Paid Bhakt' who doesn't agree with your line of thinking is equally filthy as calling someone 'Anti-national' because he's making anti Modi comments.

You concluded it well, nothing new anyway - earlier they bought a favorable opinion by electronic media, now trying to buy a favorable opinion on social media.
Another bhakt trying to make it sound normal. BJP has a huge funding through which they do this. 10rs per tweet or the buildings full of off-the-book employees/trolls/Photoshoppers.

As for prashant Kishore, IMO that guy wanted genuine change, not jumlas. His inputs were the ones that lent credibility to these part of trolls and abusers. Why its not working with congress can be attributed to the abysmal state of congress.

Another bhakt trying to make it sound normal. BJP has a huge funding through which they do this. 10rs per tweet or the buildings full of off-the-book employees/trolls/Photoshoppers.

As for prashant Kishore, IMO that guy wanted genuine change, not jumlas. His inputs were the ones that lent credibility to these part of trolls and abusers. Why its not working with congress can be attributed to the abysmal state of congress.
You're pathetically predictable..
I already mentioned the likes of you in the third point in the previous reply.

You're very much interested to bring the discussion to your level, so that you can win it with your experience. Was it so hard to keep quiet if you can't give a logical argument?

073d8ffee86b0acb88d89eb4b2c81ec4.jpg

You're pathetically predictable..
I already mentioned the likes of you in the third point in the previous reply.

You're very much interested to bring the discussion to your level, so that you can win it with your experience. Was it so hard to keep quiet if you can't give a logical argument?
LOL Typical bhakt. Do you get paid 10rs per post too?

This is one of the reasons I never tried to become a mod here. Don't ever want to have to make a personal attack and then be obliged to censor my own the post as per the TE Junta's expectations.

This is one of the reasons I never tried to become a mod here. Don't ever want to have to make a personal attack and then be obliged to censor my own the post as per the TE Junta's expectations.
Not related to the topic but quick question who owns and maintains the servers for the site?

I don't see anything wrong in dropping Aamir Khan. Its one thing to say what you feel - its a democracy, but not when you are the brand ambassador for incredible india or any of the states.

^^ I don't see any problem with that either. Free speech is protected, but there is no protection from consequences of the same as long as the consequences are also lawful. People have often lost their jobs for saying racist things online.

On the other hand, issuing rape and death threats to people or coercing people to do that in return for through money or using other means is most definitely objectionable. I see a lot of BJP trolls who do just that on many online channels/platform. Earlier, I didn't understand the irrationality of so many trolls doing that, but I know that they are getting paid for it.

Lol another 35 page rant thread in the making for jobless bigots to converge upon, why don't you guys just head on to r/India ?

Man that sub is horrendous cesspool.

On the other hand, issuing rape and death threats to people or coercing people to do that in return for through money or using other means is most definitely objectionable. I see a lot of BJP trolls who do just that on many online channels/platform. Earlier, I didn't understand the irrationality of so many trolls doing that, but I know that they are getting paid for it.

No mate, they're not getting paid for it. The paid one's do the job of sparking up the fire. But the thing is that most Indians share their outlook on various things.
For example, the molestation incident in Bangalore has comments from normal people trying to blame the victims! The BJP trolls don't have to do anything, these regressive morons will start thumping their chests for great Indian culture for them.

I don't see anything wrong in dropping Aamir Khan. Its one thing to say what you feel - its a democracy, but not when you are the brand ambassador for incredible india or any of the states.
When Aamir Khan hosted "Satyameva Jayate" episodes, all the proceeds of this show was donated to Madrasaas rather any NGO or social cause.

The intelligence reports from known agencies like IB, RAW, CIA, NSA show that terrorists are not born but manufactured from ground up in Madrasaas from an young age.
The hatred they develop towards any non-moslem is indicative of their Madrasaa up bringing.

They are brain washed that Allah or prophet mohammad is the only god & supreme.
They dont accept the truth that god is one.

BJP was always considered to be a national Hindu party. Since I am a hindu, I love it does not mean I am a paid bhakt or non-paid bhakt.

My Christian friends lament that when BJP is in power, it tries to stop or impose restrictions on funds or donations from abroad.

The funds are either for more conversions or for paying the already converted fools for their churches & missionaries.

When Aamir Khan hosted "Satyameva Jayate" episodes, all the proceeds of this show was donated to Madrasaas rather any NGO or social cause.

The intelligence reports from known agencies like IB, RAW, CIA, NSA show that terrorists are not born but manufactured from ground up in Madrasaas from an young age.
The hatred they develop towards any non-moslem is indicative of their Madrasaa up bringing.

They are brain washed that Allah or prophet mohammad is the only god & supreme.
They dont accept the truth that god is one.

BJP was always considered to be a national Hindu party. Since I am a hindu, I love it does not mean I am a paid bhakt or non-paid bhakt.

My Christian friends lament that when BJP is in power, it tries to stop or impose restrictions on funds or donations from abroad.

The funds are either for more conversions or for paying the already converted fools for their churches & missionaries.
Any official proof which shows that Satyameve Jayete gave all the proceeds to Madrassa?

Its fake. Moneylife has put out a report that says they did donate to NGOs, but the amounts dont match up : http://www.moneylife.in/article/the-truth-about-satyamev-jayatersquos-donations/26553.html
Some 3rd party channels report is not hard evidence at all.
But what I heard from friends in our nations premier investigation agencies is that there is more clout in the hindi cinema industry with relations to hawala, mafia & some moslem NGOs or journalists from that faith are having hand in hand regarding financial deals.

Regarding the source of any above scenario, they are not disclosed to the public.

But the restrictions and sanctions over such deals depends on the govt in power.

Take for instance the case of Tartar Trucks for the Army during Kongress tenure, they are known to be failed for the purpose they are intended. Even then they are procured because for the comissions that are given by contractors.

This is why we need to stress the need for research & development regarding indegeous technologies.

Knowledge is for ever greater in India and the young minds are going for greener pastures than utilising the same for our development.

We need to learn a lot from the Jews of Israel.
After the 2nd world war they are a bunch of survivors from Nazi Concentration Camps. They were not even given their land which they later claimed for themselves. That is where the issue of west bank or with palestinians come into picture.
Israel is surrounded by 7 or 8 moslem nation's
Yet they have some of the best agricultural practices which is copied by us later in the 70's.

Every nation fears them because there is not a senate or parliament without any Jews as its member. Be it Russia or America or Europe.

That feeling of oneness has to come for us also since there is not a nation where Indians have settled. I am proud to say this.

This is just for an example as to what or how anything can be achieved by the great indian sub-continent.

We need to realise today that we as Indians are a force to reckon with.

We need to shed that feeling of differences based on Caste, Creed, Race, Religion & Region.

Why do we argue among ourselves without reaching a deinite conclusion.

A clarity or consensus should arise or come out of any debate that we are all Indians and should at least in our busy lives extend a little part to our nation's development.

We debate here as if there is no tomorrow but we do not follow what we preach.

1st of all we need to think that:

I need to be the change that I want the world needs to be.

It starts with only oneself then many self.

Buddies learn this...

The next big things we need to look forward are Nuclear energy, Solar or Wind Mills, Hydrogen Fuel Cells which are the future.

Population control & corruption control should be looked into by our goverments.

Sharing of water resources is also important.

Petroleum, Gas and coal reserves will suffice for another 50 years depending on the rate of using them up.

Environment plays an important role for our sons & daughters.

The most peculiar strait of the Indian sub-continent is that which ever invasions or occupations occured with us did not change us but we continued our way of traditions & culture over the centuries.

We just assimilated those who ruled us, those who invaded us, those who occupied us irrespective of their intentions, we remained as truly Hindostan. As Indians...

But which ever nation was invaded or ruled in the world over changed their ways.

This is the difference between others & us.

Two primary races culminated into one huge India. Then there is also a mixture of the two as well.

If anybody wants to know more of our country then " Discovery of India" Volumes are more than sufficient to emancipate them or enlighten them of who we truly we are.

PS: If you try to reason with a fool or idiot he tries to reason with you but you need to stoop to his level of intelligence to understand him.
Or
You will end up like him eventually.

Choose wisely buddies...

@bssunilreddy I would agree on most points, except that I do trust Moneylife. I have met Sucheta Dalal in person, and to the best of my knowledge, she is someone you cannot dismiss, except perhaps with prejudice.

Back