Indian news websites starts blocking AD-Block users, Open letter to them

Do you use AB on TechEnclave?

• Total voters
IndiaToday group's hypocrisy!

625.PNG

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/techno...e-than-ever-how-you-can-be-safe/1/659694.html

All of them are subscribed to Google & other ad companies. Google isn't going to penalize these websites for making them money.

All of them are subscribed to Google & other ad companies. Google isn't going to penalize these websites for making them money.
google does care for where its ads are placed. they are known to make algo changes to make ui better for users even if it means losing a lil in revenue. Penalties are on their seo rankings. eg. Too many ads on a mobile screen make it worse and google is penalizing sites that do not follow their rules. most of these obstructive ads and auto play videos are not based on adsense. they use multiple ad exchanges. google ads have the highest standards and quality of experience.

• Google Chrome - In January 2012, Google's Webspam team penalized the Chrome Browser's homepage for manipulating PageRank with purchased blog posts.[12] The penalty dropped Chrome's homepage's PageRank from 9 to 7 and knocked Chrome off of the first page for important keywords such as "browser."[13][14][15]
  • Expedia - In January 2014, Expedia dropped 25% in search visibility which resulted in Expedia shares dropping 4.5%.[

no , dunno which exactly but ysday clicked a new article on fb and it did not load the link and said ad block detected. Hope the next google update penalizes these ad filled new sites.
the day i posted that comment, all the sites were working fine with ad-blockers on. so, i thought they relented.

If you read news from same set of websites daily, then, the best way to read news without any ads is to use a RSS reader. All major news sites provide you rss feed links. I do the same. Hence, not worried about ads on website. I can read full article in RSS reader app with Readability mobilizer.

If you read news from same set of websites daily, then, the best way to read news without any ads is to use a RSS reader. All major news sites provide you rss feed links. I do the same. Hence, not worried about ads on website. I can read full article in RSS reader app with Readability mobilizer.

All sites don't give full news, only snippets in RSS.

All sites don't give full news, only snippets in RSS.
Yes. You are right. That's where Readability mobiliser comes into the picture. Only few rss apps provide this feature. For example: FeedMe app. In that, when the content is not displayed full, you can double tap the screen and you will get full content of the article. That's the reason why it's so useful. No ads. Comfortable reading.

Yes. You are right. That's where Readability mobiliser comes into the picture. Only few rss apps provide this feature. For example: FeedMe app. In that, when the content is not displayed full, you can double tap the screen and you will get full content of the article. That's the reason why it's so useful. No ads. Comfortable reading.

Is there a web version of the app? Something akin to Feedly? Else, it was a bit complicated.[DOUBLEPOST=1469960227][/DOUBLEPOST]
was looking to use something like the above options. can you guys provide some details please? thanks!

I used this : https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

I took the lazy approach and added whole TOI URL into ublock. Whenever I try to open that site it says it's blocked and I go to another site. No need to go to such lengths to circumvent their JavaScript to read a news article.

True. I use Fedora on Windows phone. Full article loads.

But ya, I am not surprised. Indians are prime examples of being daft #1 to monetize the Web, and not understanding the true concrpt of www.

I don't have AdBlocker yet news sites want me to disable it. How do I do it? :|
Anyway voted No just because of that.

Back