Car & Bike India: Petrol and Diesel Discussion Thread

For the first time in the history Reliance is selling petrol and diesel at prices lower than PSU.
I hope everyone buys Reliance fuel and the ensuing glut at PSU inventory kills them.

The daily revision of fuel prices has camouflaged the increase of cost of petrol and diesel, silently pinching the pockets of motorists.

The price of petrol has increased Rs 6 per litre since the scheme was introduced on June 16, and diesel Rs 4.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/busi.../quietly-petrol-is-rs-6-a-litre-costlier.html

Absolutely no rates comparison between the prices Govt is showing and the price at petrol pumps. they have allowed Oil companies to loot. I realised petrol price jacking up from 66 a litre to 73 a litre now.

Octroi is still being imposed by TS government, While they boast big things about GST.

^^ Yeah, more or less....
MXPlpw0.png

^^^ This VAT is around 44% for Mumbai, 34.3% for us hyderabad,29% for bangalore.

Bangalore lifted off entry tax long back. http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...a-government-takes-highest-vat-on-petrol.html

I own it. Ask.

Btw, the above comment was sarcasm
ok. I did not get the sarcasm. Whats the mileage you get in city and do you drive decently and with how much ac use. ? For a 1.2 ltr engine me getting 12 mileage is very bad i think. I know people with honda city claiming 15. I know i dont drive too slow and shift at kow rpms but want others experiences too

ok. I did not get the sarcasm. Whats the mileage you get in city and do you drive decently and with how much ac use. ? For a 1.2 ltr engine me getting 12 mileage is very bad i think. I know people with honda city claiming 15. I know i dont drive too slow and shift at kow rpms but want others experiences too
Pretty much everything under the sun will get 10-12 at max in crowded city traffic unless its a nano. If someone tells you they are getting 15 km/l, they are plain lying.

Also mileage depends on your right foot rather than what the car is capable of.

12 with AC, 14 without AC majority of times. Noticed 16/l on highways.

My alto lxi which I owned from 2004 to 2013 always gave me 9.5 to 11 in full traffic in Mumbai . Whenever it touched 11kmpl I was ecstatic .
My dzire VDI 2013 model driven by the driver is always about 12 to 15 kmpl in max traffic . My 2013 Honda Amaze diesel vxmt idtec driven exclusively by me is generally 15 to 19 kmpl in moderate to very less traffic .
My 2012 wagon r lxi k series driven by driver for very short runs (max 2km per run many times a day ) gives me 7.5 to 8 kmpl in extremely high traffic .
All of the above with Ac on all times .
And I live in Mumbai .
Hope this helps . Cheers .

My alto lxi which I owned from 2004 to 2013 always gave me 9.5 to 11 in full traffic in Mumbai . Whenever it touched 11kmpl I was ecstatic .
My dzire VDI 2013 model driven by the driver is always about 12 to 15 kmpl in max traffic . My 2013 Honda Amaze diesel vxmt idtec driven exclusively by me is generally 15 to 19 kmpl in moderate to very less traffic .
My 2012 wagon r lxi k series driven by driver for very short runs (max 2km per run many times a day ) gives me 7.5 to 8 kmpl in extremely high traffic .
All of the above with Ac on all times .
And I live in Mumbai .
Hope this helps . Cheers .
yes this makes me feels lil better knowing there are people doing worse than me.

Back