India based cloud storage provider

rajil.s

Adept
Can somebody suggest an India based cloud storage provider? If they support linux/ssh that would be awesome.

Digtal Ocean was at the top of my list. But I dont have a great upload speed to their server in Bangalore from my supposedly 100mbps connection.

upload_2018-7-7_23-3-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-7_23-1-54.png
    upload_2018-7-7_23-1-54.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 358
Google? Most of the ISPs have good peering speeds to Google, thats why we too use them.

Plus, they have racks in most top tier DCs

Is this Google drive you are talking about or is it google compute engine?

What kind of speeds do you get for upload and any idea if it is possible to do a speed test before buying their service?

upload_2018-7-8_7-4-30.png

Can somebody suggest an India based cloud storage provider? If they support linux/ssh that would be awesome.

Digtal Ocean was at the top of my list. But I dont have a great upload speed to their server in Bangalore from my supposedly 100mbps connection.

View attachment 75631
Not the correct way to check speed. That's just one connection.

What will you be transferring using? If you use sftp or something like rsync, it has the capability to have multiple connections. That will probably max out your connection.

Go here and get 100$ free credit for Digital ocean -> https://try.digitalocean.com/performance/
Spin up a droplet and check the speed with sftp (configure 10 connections in filezilla, or whatever you will be using. Suggest something that can take multiple connections.)

Is this Google drive you are talking about or is it google compute engine?

What kind of speeds do you get for upload and any idea if it is possible to do a speed test before buying their service?

View attachment 75632

Both. For the latter, it needs to be hosted with the Mumbai region, this is what was told to me by GPX chaps. Of course, I think it's likely that you just need to be hosting it anywhere in India. However, this is not verified.

If I were you, just check your ISP peering with Google. I get speeds upto 50Mb, even once upto 100Mb on my 10Mb connection for Google Drive. As for speeds with GCP, spin up a VM and check speeds.

Back