Audio Improving sound of videos playing on TV

So here's the issue. On my TV, videos that are played using the USB functionality most of the times have extremely low dialogue sound. I bought a basic 2.1 speaker set to try to remedy the problem, but it only helped a little bit.

Question: If I was to play videos from another source, like one of those streaming HDMI sticks OR one of those semi-cheap HD media players, will it help with the dialogue sound ?

Thanks

Thanks, but I Have a desktop only, so can't try the HDMI .
also don't want a software solution, looking for something that would just work with all media.

btw the TV's volume is just fine when the video is from a set top box. It;s only when playing from usb does the problem arise.

I had the same issues over HDMI too while playing videos from my PC.The issue was that the videos had 5.1 audio whereas the TV output over HDMI only had access to the two TV speakers.SO I have to do this in Media Player Classic to output on;y 2 channels instead of 6 as configured in the video file.
Play>Audio Track>Options>Enable Custom Channel Mapping (set it to 2 channels)

upload_2015-9-1_14-44-5.png

any low budget amp should solve the issue.
Thanks , I was not aware of such amplifiers... One question: in my TV while the dialogue volume is super low, music volume is high. Will using one of these amplifiers increase just normalize the audio ? Or just increase the low sound of dialogues ?

ALSO (I should have mentioned this before ) I am thinking of getting the teewe stick, so that I can stream video from any device to TV. Could the same sound problem exists while using the teewe stick ?

Even I have the same issue whilst playing videos directly from the USB drive on the TV, the problem lies in the audio encoding format within the file, most TV do not have an option to change the decoding settings for videos played from USB, hence I think the only solution is to use a streaming device or directly connect PC to the TV

Same problem for me too for my Philips LCD TV . So stopped watching USB movies on TV , and watch them on my mobile phone .
BTW my Samsung lcd is much better at audio volume amplification than my Philips TV.

Does your TV has custom EQ settings?
Usually on a Samsung TV, there are different sound profiles for TV mode and USB play mode.

The problem you mentioned seems to audio decoding issue by TV. Nothing much can be done, unless you want to have a different streaming source.

Never used Tewee, so can't comment about it.
Regarding
Thanks , I was not aware of such amplifiers... One question: in my TV while the dialogue volume is super low, music volume is high. Will using one of these amplifiers increase just normalize the audio ? Or just increase the low sound of dialogues ?

ALSO (I should have mentioned this before ) I am thinking of getting the teewe stick, so that I can stream video from any device to TV. Could the same sound problem exists while using the teewe stick ?

I too have Samsung led tv and it got no isues with usb movies.
But the movie quality itself should be a decent 720hd or more. Else heavily ripped movies suck even on a pc.

its a basic TV, no equalizer / other features.

The problem you mentioned seems to audio decoding issue by TV. Nothing much can be done, unless you want to have a different streaming source.
SO it seems the question remains is that whether when using the teewe 2 stick / external hd media player, does the TV decode the audio or the teewe stick/hd media player...

Chatted with teewe support: they say that teewe DOES NOT do audio decoding.

So now another question is when I am playing a video from a mobile through one of these HDMI sticks, does the mobile does the audio decoding or will the TV do it ? arghhhhhhhhh so confusing..

Last edited:
I have the Teewe 2 and I can say that the device that is streaming the video to Teewe(e.g. Phone,PC) will be decoding the video via the Teewe app on the PC/phone.I am saying this as I have seen high CPU usage of Teewe on my low end HTPC with Intel J1800 CPU(Dual core 2.41 GHz) along with slower seek times while streaming videos whereas the same video played smoothly while streaming from my Core i5 4430 rig.

I have the Teewe 2 and I can say that the device that is streaming the video to Teewe(e.g. Phone,PC) will be decoding the video via the Teewe app on the PC/phone.I am saying this as I have seen high CPU usage of Teewe on my low end HTPC with Intel J1800 CPU(Dual core 2.41 GHz) along with slower seek times while streaming videos whereas the same video played smoothly while streaming from my Core i5 4430 rig.

ok I emailed support, specifically asking for audio decoding and this time they said
the Teewe HDMI dongle decodes and display the media files onto the TV/projector screen.

So it WILL NOT depend on decoding capabilities of my TV, which should solve the problem.
Might buy it, price has also fallen on amazon...

Back