Laptops HP Laptop Overheating!!!

I own a HP Pavilion G6-2301AX laptop. The issue I am facing is of thermal shutdown. :(:(:( Within couple of minutes of booting up it shutdowns due to heating.

I checked with HP service centre and they have given a quote of INR 15,000+ to fix it! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: According to them following parts need to be replaced:
  1. Heat sink and fan
  2. Front panel with touch pad
  3. Outer casing of the lid
I personally think all this is not required. The front panel and outer casing is good enough to carry out day to day activities on it. They are not even damaged!

Hence I want to know if anyone knows a good local laptop repair shop in Mumbai who would have a look and suggest a way to fix it with minimalist damage to my pocket.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Thanks a lot for the revert.
I had vents/HSF cleaned already. Will take some time and get it thoroughly checked by some third party service providers. I am thinking of getting the HSF replaced to see any improvement.

Get the fan/heatsink cleaned (I always clean it myself) and apply a fresh coat of thermal paste. It costs around 300 in Hyderabad.
If you can feel the heat by your hand, then the heatsink or fan has gone bad.
Else its just the thermal sensor gone bad.

You need to change the thermal paste and the thermal adhesive tape. Could you mention your system specs?

If you are from Mumbai, I could help you out with the same.

Back