How to stop receiving promotional calls form your provider?

nRiTeCh

Skilled
My sister is using vodafone prepaid number since close to 9yrs now.
The problem with prepaid nos is almost 20+ times a day they keep calling from some +911114*** no. for auto-promotional stupid shit.

She already blocked the complete no. series itself but now vodafone has started a new series which anyday looks like a genuine no +919893** etc or so on. So she cannot block such series as she might miss other important calls as well related to her work. Truecaller also doesnt report such nos correctly and it is actually acting shit these days.

Now the only solution I see here is to shift to postpaid where such shit doesnt happen.
But she already is using another postpaid no. given by her company and borned by her co.

When we contacted vodafone they simply say "we cannot do anything as this is random and its not just you, its common for every prepaid user. Please convert to postpaid."

Great!! Harassing customer to an extent to force him to go for those red plan which are not pocket friendly for every requirement.

Its not about not affording any postpaid plan but why force customer into postpaid for no logical reason just to by harassing with promotional shit?

She only uses that vodafone no. for making limited calls & surfing net and her monthly expense for it doesnt even amount to 100bucks! So no question of shifting that no to postpaid. & pay 299-399 odd hefty bills.

What else can be done to counter such calls?

When we contacted vodafone they simply say "we cannot do anything as this is random and its not just you, its common for every prepaid user. Please convert to postpaid."
heh, never heard of this with Airtel in Bangalore

There are no promo telephone calls, but spam sms for offers every day

What else can be done to counter such calls?

In my family we have two Vodafone pre paid numbers.
no such thing happens (Delhi circle).
so, the customer care exec lied to you.

btw, you can always Port out.

almost 20+ times a day they keep calling from some +911114*** no. for auto-promotional stupid shit.
You are not alone I'm using airtel and Vodafone still calls me from same+9114** type of number everyday.
Call is always between 6pm-8pm but i blocked it via truecaller and now it gets blocked automatically.

I keep getting calls irrespective of DND. The best part? The calls come from Vodafone corporate or Airtel corporate. So fed up with them, I ask to speak to my RM :p

I don't think they nag postpaid customers me being one of them.
Receiving calls from other providers is ok but calls from +91114** is harassment.
And ya dnd has nothing to do with it as dnd won't block any such calls from provider.

96% of India is on prepaid, i don't buy this have to go to post paid nonsense. I've seen discussions here where people were desperate to get out of postpaid.

Also why is there such a difference in experience here.

@nRiTeCh Threaten them about Porting, Send a message for port to 1900 and they will call you regarding the reason and then you can explain them in strong words. Never seen it happening to my family members, We have 1 Voda, 3 Airtel, 2 Idea and ofcourse Jio (all on pre-paid).

Porting threats doesnt work anymore since a year. In prepaid now nobody cares about porting and they are happy to port you.

activate dnd on vodafone.:)
doesn't work.
DND activated from day one. and using their postpaid service for last 8 years.

i had fought with them on twitter with screenshot of every spam call & sms. things will stay good for 3 months. and again spam will start. fight. repeat every 3 months.
plus they charge 6rs per SMS when you report spam to 1909.
you see profit on both side. user report spam = money from sms, user don't report = money from selling your data.

Airtel network in worst in my area so i don't have any option but to stay with Vodafone.

.. they charge 6rs per SMS when you report spam to 1909.

This is daylight robbary.
SMS to 1909 is totally free.[DOUBLEPOST=1531827887][/DOUBLEPOST]To test I just forwarded a spam message to 1909 through my pre-paid airtel number.
No charges were deducted for it.

Last edited:
This is daylight robbary.
SMS to 1909 is totally free

Its labelled as Special SMS in monthly bill. i guess only DND start & stop is free not reporting.

they thief no doubt, make my 349/- ( red business) bill to 500/- every month ( 150 tax on 350 bills). that too i don't have any special things activated & this is a primary business number with only voice calls. and all voice calls are free as per plan.

Airtel has super bad network but they don't inflate bills like Vodafone.

Its labelled as Special SMS in monthly bill. i guess only DND start & stop is free not reporting.

they thief no doubt, make my 349/- ( red business) bill to 500/- every month ( 150 tax on 350 bills). that too i don't have any special things activated & this is a primary business number with only voice calls. and all voice calls are free as per plan.

Airtel has super bad network but they don't inflate bills like Vodafone.

If they are labeling 1909 as chargeable, then you can claim in consumer court.
Send them notice for refund and damage.

Back