How to setup LAN between two laptops !!

G33kgod

Adept
Guys me and my friend wanted to play nfsMW on our lappies on LAN by using some wire perhaps cross cable. But every time we tried it said connection lost :S

Please can you gimme some link for a guide or something :(. We are using vista . In network options our systems were recognised.

HELP !!!!!!!!

1. You need a Crossover cable.Cost varies according to the length of wire.

Standard lenght cable from D-Link should cost 80 bucks.

2. Make one laptop the HOST and the other(client) will obviously connect to the host.Note the IP Address of the Host laptop to connect to it.

(This involves configuring the Local Area Connection under Network Connections on both laptops)

4. Once connected, start the game on the host laptop and select LAN.You should be able to see the other laptop(by it's IP address or workgroup name) in the list.

I've tested the same using NFS 2 & CS 1.6 ;)

I know how to do this as i play with my buddies in hostel. But i wont tell you coz TE does not support Piracy. And i am surprised to see that "thetoxicmind" being a moderator helping you where he should have closed the thread once it for all..

/

Peace

Jason Bourne said:
I know how to do this as i play with my buddies in hostel. But i wont tell you coz TE does not support Piracy. And i am surprised to see that "thetoxicmind" being a moderator helping you where he should have closed the thread once it for all..

/

Peace

First off, I can't close a thread in a section that's not under my jurisdiction.

Second, The original post was reported for taking necessary actions.

After all that, I primarily addressed the issue he was facing( Local Networking), that obviously has nothing to do with piracy.

So don't make such statements here. :no:

DEAR JASON

i wrote pirated just to make sure that its not because it i am facing the problem n m not asking frm where or tellin others to DL frm .... so plz chill if moderators think its not right they will perform their duty n i have no objection .....

No hard feelings

peace

@Toxic- buddy can u tell the steps involved in second pt. of ur post ....

ok here is the fix for you then if it is a network related problem. Set the default gateway the IP address of your PC and then in your friends pc set the default gateway your IP address. If you add more friends then set default gateway the IP address of the person who gonna host the game...... Enjoy......

I had spent a week trying to fix this when i first got NFSMW

Remember, this fix screws up counterstrike and some other multiplayer games. So for those use the settings which you had before.

Here is a pic which explains the process in detail.:hap2::hap2:

P.S: I can be of help if asked properly.... It was just the word "Pirated " which pissed me..:p:p

G33kgod said:
DEAR JASON

@Toxic- buddy can u tell the steps involved in second pt. of ur post ....

I'm sorry but I don't quite remember the exact details.

You could check out the following links :

Connect two computers using a crossover cable - Windows Vista Help

Connect 2 Computers Directly Using Crossover Cable

Connecting two computers together using a crossover cable to transfer or share files and data: EasyLI Done Series Tutorials

Connecting Two Computers With A Crossover Cable

sohail99 said:
U can try hamachi if u both have internet access! :)

Why bother using the internet and worry about data charges & speed? And the Ethernet port will either be used by the modem or the crossover cable unless you bring a router into picture.

Jason Bourne said:
P.S: I can be of help if asked properly.... It was just the word "Pirated " which pissed me..:p:p

Next time your pissed, just REPORT the post !

And also check if the OP is directly implying anything illegal in nature.

guys can anyone tell where can i find saved games of nfsmw for each rival:huh: i messed up at rival three:cursing: n dont wish to start again:mad: ...help!!!

Jason Bourne said:
Hey dude, no need to get angry..... I did helped him once things were clear, didnt i :p

Angry ? :p

No worries mate.Next time round, please report the post instead of pointing fingers.;)

G33kgod said:
guys can anyone tell where can i find saved games of nfsmw for each rival:huh: i messed up at rival three:cursing: n dont wish to start again:mad: ...help!!!

The save files are stored in a folder named "NFS Most Wanted" in your My Documents folder under whichever account your logged into.

[/QUOTE]The save files are stored in a folder named "NFS Most Wanted" in your My Documents folder under whichever account your logged into.[/QUOTE]

wat i meant was saved files on some site cuz i can only find 100% completed one .... want saves at specific rivals .... even I know bout that game saves m not such a noob :p

G33kgod said:
wat i meant was saved files on some site cuz i can only find 100% completed one .... want saves at specific rivals .... even I know bout that game saves m not such a noob :p

You'll just have to fight it out. :bleh:

guys still no use ... when ever i try to create server it says connection lost but the sever name comes on my frnds select server list .... wat can be the possible problem ???

guys when I create server it says connection lost but same server name is there on my frnds PC wat can be the possible problem :huh:

Back