How to make PDF Copy protected.

Praks

Skilled
Friends,

Can anyone tell me how to make PDF Copy protected ? I did lots of Google search but no perfect method found.

Requirement is Simple. MS Word document is saved as PDF.

Document is saved as PDF at 100 % in MS word but it opens at 130% in Adobe PDF. - How to make it open only at 100 % in Adobe by default ?

Set permissions as - Anyone can print the document but NO ONE should be able to copy the content from PDF. (Technically - Content Copying = Not Allowed)

Do not want to upload to any ONLINE service as document is confidential.

Is there any FREE software which can do this ? Please help.

Free program -

PDFCreator | Download PDFCreator software for free at SourceForge.net

Features

Create PDFs from any program that is able to print

Send generated files via eMail

Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified

Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc

AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.

In Adobe reader there must be some options to view the document in original size (Adjust page magnification i think). I stopped using adobe reader many years back and use foxit reader.

try this - Adobe Forums: Opening a PDF file in 100% view.

Thanks Buddy,

I tried PDF File in 100 % settings, but it seems its Adobe PDF Related.

I saved the file using MS Word 2007 where file is at 100 % & it should be saved as PDF at 100 % but when opened in Adobe its opening at 130 %

Can you please tell if there is any settings to be done in MS word which can save the file at 100 % ?

Not sure whether you are confused or I am not able to understand your problem. Still try the following and then open your PDF file.

Open Adobe Reader. Click on Edit -> Preferences -> Page Display -> Zoom. Set this to 100% instead of automatic.

^^

I got your point bro. But if various people has set the option as Automatic, It opens around 130 %,

I saved the doc file using MS word 2007, so It seems I need to set a setting in MS word which saves all DOC files at 100 % when saving as PDF.

Any idea of such setting in MS Word 2007 ?

there is no perfect software for such a job as when ever a file is allowed to be viewed after password authentication[no copy/pasted allowed]then its restrictions can be easily bypassed by "AnyBizSoft PDF Password Remover"

so create a PDF with such restrictions [NO ... print,copy,paste]and password protect it

for 100% problem ..... PDF readers utilize the complete size of the monitor so what ever be the size of the monitor it will adjust accordingly

if u test a test PDF file on 17' monitor and the view size is 90% then the same file on 24" monitor should be around 200% [it does not depend on MS office though]

Searched all settings of MS Word 2007, Could not find it for save as PDF :(

Any idea ? Is there any other FREE PDF writer which can convert DOC to PDF and also gives PDF copy protection.

You could try scanning the doc (or converting it) as a pic when making it a PDF. I think that is the "most" you can do for copy protection (as whatever else you try they can still screenshot it).

Use MS pdf add in to create pdf from doc link

If you have Adobe acrobat you can add security to the document by pressing Ctrl+D (or File>Properties) under Security tab.

The document size to be displayed on the target machine can be set under the Initial view tab under the Document properties.

And btw, the security settings holds good only if the target audience is using it on Adobe products. Other third party vendors offering solutions need not respect the pdf security and can be easily by-passed as mentioned by kartikoli

By the way Office 2007 already allows to save as PDF, why do u need this MS add on ?

Ctrl+D will just show whats security permission to given PDF, It will not allow you to set the permission right ?

^ Ctrl+D in Adobe Acrobat will let you do this not in Adobe Reader

Adobe Acrobat has to be bought, since my office has a licensed version i use it often; hence the suggestion.

You can use a trial version and try it. Available from Adobe website.

PS: btw, sorry for the belated reply.

Eh got it, It was for Adobe Acrobat. Cant afford it now for 1 document.

Trying with PDF writer, Will look out for free options.

I have found something from CodePlex but it is not in GUI.
The program name is PDF Toolkit. It is a freeware downloadable from here

First navigate to the folder in cmd in which the exe is placed and type the following

Code:
[B]pdftk "[/B][I]Input pdf with full path[/I][B]".pdf output "[/B][I]output pdf with full path[/I].[B]pdf[/B]" [B]encrypt_128bit[/B] [B]owner_pw[/B] [I]password_for_editing[/I] [B]allow[/B] [B]Printing[/B]
You can add other variables as you wish except, it is bit tedious. Good luck with your work :)

Italics are the user defined variables/value and bold are the syntax.

You could try downloading Openoffice.org - It has some extra PDF saving options including copy protection and some advanced settings, I'm not sure if it fulfills all of your requirements.

Back