PC Peripherals How to make payment on newegg?

Ronnie22

Disciple
How does one order on newegg? I wanted to pay for the same by credit card and then have the package delivered to a US address. However when i try to create an account in newegg it informs me that the credit card address and the mailing address(where the package will be delivered) has to match???:huh: :huh:

Any ideas how to make payments on newegg??

MODS : Couldn't figure out which section to post this in. Pls move to the appropriate section if incorrectly posted.

^^Not only that, the card should be issued in the US. So basically u'll have to ask a friend to order it for u and then pay ur friend. There's no other way.

Your credit card's billing address and the shipping address you give has to match. That is how Newegg mandates it. Only option for you is to ask some relative/friend to purchase and get it for you.

I wanted to avoid that actually since the usual Indian etiquette of refusing to take money would kick into play. Anyhow since that is the only option, will exercise it.

Any idea whether they can register and make payments immediately since somebody is slated to return on the 2nd of Feb? Is 2 weeks sufficient for Newegg to make their delivery?

Had the same problem recently while ordering a graphics card from Newegg.

The shipping and billing addresses do NOT have to be same. But the billing address on the credit card does need to be in the US. Also they inform you that in case the addresses do not match they would require certain additional verification which could cause a delay of "several" days in addition to the "will-ship-in"

That "several" days clause scared me since my fren was leaving in a weeks time. However they did ship the same day the order was placed even though the addresses didnt match. I had chosen UPS 2 day and by afternoon the day after the next my fren had the card.

I am now a newegg fan :clap:

im also planning on ordering some stuff off frm newegg.com,

@ Vulc4n: so i can order it using my own credit card?

do u know if they charge customs once it reaches here.. if so then how much? and can they undervalue it so customs wont be charged?

Ronnie22 said:
I wanted to avoid that actually since the usual Indian etiquette of refusing to take money would kick into play.

Too bad, none of my relatives and friends in US has that kind of Indian etiquette. :bleh: Anyhow its not very difficult to rid them of the habbit. ;)

@Riv

Vulc4n said:
But the billing address on the credit card does need to be in the US.

But you can use your credit card if its billing address is in the US :bleh:

And chaos is quite right they dont ship overseas..

Well Newegg isn't the end of it.. depending on the item you want, you can order it at reasonable price from other stores too.

Do a search on resellerratings.com / pricegrabber.com & find a store that accepts International Credit card. Usually these stores would require a scanned pic of your card to process the order..

Good luck with your purchase....

Vulc4n said:
The shipping and billing addresses do NOT have to be same. But the billing address on the credit card does need to be in the US. Also they inform you that in case the addresses do not match they would require certain additional verification which could cause a delay of "several" days in addition to the "will-ship-in"

This is the exact quote from the e-mail Newegg sent my cousin in the US :
This email is to notify you that we are having a problem processing your order. Your order currently cannot pass the address verification stage.
Our order verification process requires that your billing address, shipping address, and at least one phone number must match with the information your credit card company has on file. In some cases further verification is also required. These practices are in place to protect our customers from credit card fraud and identity theft.
Your order will be cancelled after 3 business days from original purchase date if the invalid information is not corrected and verified.

I could not get the stuff I wanted. My sig ...

lord_nemesis said:
Too bad, none of my relatives and friends in US has that kind of Indian etiquette. :bleh: Anyhow its not very difficult to rid them of the habbit. ;)

:rofl:
Not all my relatives are this kind. Once one of my close cousin bros happened to charge me the commision on the dollar exchange rate after he made a purchase for me....i got back at him during his marriage!! All in good humor though.:eek:hyeah:

However the party in question this time happen to be my in-laws;) ;)

PoBoy said:
This is the exact quote from the e-mail Newegg sent my cousin in the US :
I could not get the stuff I wanted. My sig ...

And here's the order information i received from newegg when i ordered

PHP:
Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com. Your order will be processed and shipped in
about 24-48 hours. Below is your confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.
Billing information
Name: ******************
Address: Apartment Number 361 137 E Mallard Dr
Shipping Information
Name: *****************
Address: Apartment Number 261 137 E Mallard Dr

If you look carefully the addresses are different. This was coz the guy wouldnt have been at home to collect the package when it came and hence gave the address of someone who would be.

Dont know why they cancelled in your case :huh:

Back