How to make mobile transactions more secure?

Encrypt your phone if possible, specially if you frequently make transactions on it and the general advice of just being vigilant with what and where you browse is all I've got. Adding in some anti-virus/protection should help as well :)

Hmmm...never thought about this so here are my basic thoughts :
a)Put a password/face/fingerprint lock to your phone that's difficult to guess/crack/leak.
b)Use a Virtual Credit Card.
c)Use OTP-based cards instead of VBV or SecureCode cards linked to another mobile with no internet (SMS,calls only :p).
d)Use a separate debit/limited value card only for mobile transactions linked to an account with minimum balance.
e)Make transactions only through secure/trusted networks.If it's unsecured but reqd,use disposable details.
f)Change cards,passwords frequently
g)Use pre-loaded wallets like PayTM since chargeback would be faster (with limited balance,add when minimum amts when reqd)

OP's question is how to make them more secure and not what the alternatives are :p
As always,no system can guarantee a 100% safety since any system can be hacked into either digitally or through physical access.
Go with what makes you comfortable,don't put all your eggs in one basket.Diversify :)

I think it's more about protecting oneself,not paranoia.
I've heard about enough cases messing up people's lives,wasting their time chasing banks for refunds.
Just look at the cyber fraud cases happening,we can't eliminate them completely but being a little more aware can sure prevent them.
Sometimes even the most aware users can get compromised due to a silly mistake.
The legal system where we live isn't very supportive either.
So isn't it a good idea to prevent any of this happening in the first place?
Ask people who have got wallets,cards,accounts hacked :)
I might sound stupid but I now mostly buy on mobile and no issues so far , aren't you guys being paranoid ?

Back