Android How to Increase Internal Memory

navin007

Disciple
Hello Friends I Have Moto E 1st gen with 4 gb internal memory
I have unlocked it and rooted it and using a custom rom of cyanogen mod 12.1 and i want to increase the internal memory size i saw some links about memory swapping but couldn't get the vold.fstab file and tried a app to but failed so please help any idea how to swap .

Thanks In Advance

Dude how are you gonna change internal soldered memory???:confused:

Even if you manage to do somehow, phone wont boot or if it does so will hang frequently as the mobo is designed to handle only particular amount of config.

If ever this stuff was possible the genuine way, people would have simply replaced their snapdragons with the latest one just like we do on computers.

Wait for Android M, which will bring native support for SD cards.

Swapping primary storage for an SD card is mostly a bad idea since eMMC has much better performance than an SD card, and SD cards are not designed for heavy I/O.

It's high time we had assembled mobiles, something like Dell offered customization in laptop configuration like RAM, Storage, Proccy & Battery etc.

Anyways many people are flashing custom Roms so, software shouldn't be a problem. In fact it's a good idea for a new OPO type startups..

It's high time we had assembled mobiles, something like Dell offered customization in laptop configuration like RAM, Storage, Proccy & Battery etc.

Anyways many people are flashing custom Roms so, software shouldn't be a problem. In fact it's a good idea for a new OPO type startups..
Somebody else already had this idea and they already got funding from Google it's under name project Ara

Somebody else already had this idea and they already got funding from Google it's under name project Ara

Yeah you're right, thanks for updating. Google is ahead of time. Soon your Customized Ads (based on your browsing history) will be delivered to you on your customized Smartphone hardware.

Jokes apart, if it's properly implemented with comparable real life results ; it'd undoubtedly be the Next iPhone Killer !!

Iphone killer? Does Iphone offers customized hardware?
This has nothing to do with iphone or samsung etc.

It will be a revolution once its practically available as a standard.

Iphone killer? Does Iphone offers customized hardware?
This has nothing to do with iphone or samsung etc.

It will be a revolution once its practically available as a standard.

You partially answered your own question.
IPhone was a revolution, this will be the next revolution if implemented properly.

Back