How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery

bssunilreddy

Skilled
How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery :-

1. Steam now lets you use cash to pay for games,

2. Access to purchases will be granted 72 hours after receipt of payment,

3. Old Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes are not accepted.

ae5f52a14f6d4441f78a29ed7997435b.jpg

62e5d475e1500b289d69a0dd34350b74.jpg

Source: How to Buy PC Games on Steam in India Using Cash on Delivery | NDTV Gadgets360.co

Indian mentality about "online payments".
Please don't give this type of nonsense reason. Please think before posting. Online payment is going for a long time be it in applying for some examination or buying any goods. A person who can play a game on pc or any console is intelligent enough to know from where to buy what? Also atleast for online transactions people all over the world have same mentality.
This is generally a pre step to launch steam controllers & other steam products in india which flopped in other parts.

Please don't give this type of nonsense reason. Please think before posting. Online payment is going for a long time be it in applying for some examination or buying any goods. A person who can play a game on pc or any console is intelligent enough to know from where to buy what? Also atleast for online transactions people all over the world have same mentality.
This is generally a pre step to launch steam controllers & other steam products in india which flopped in other parts.
It's not nonsense. Not everyone in India is comfortable sharing the details of their credit/debit cards online. You have your point of view, I have mine.

this is not nonsense but actual truth, the number of Indians who use Credit/Debit over cash on delivery is very less,
even those with cards use COD,some even flat out refuse to believe the cards are better.

A person who can play a game on pc or any console MAY NOT BE intelligent enough to know from where to buy what.

Why do people buy GTX 1070 and 1080 for 50,000 when they can import them with international warranty for 25,000?
Because they don't know

Same thing applies to a lot of pc components

Why do people spend 1 lakh on Alienware laptop,when they can buy it for 40,000 from U.S?
Because they don't know

Why do people spend 3 lakh on gaming pcs yet don't include custom liquid cooling
Because they don't know

Why do retails stores sell 10 year old games for 999?
Because people buy them,they don't know about it

I can give countless examples if you want.

Agree!!! But a great move for those who do not want to share their debit/credit card info with others! Awesome move. And if there is indeed controllers. I am waiting to get my hands on one.

this is not nonsense but actual truth, the number of Indians who use Credit/Debit over cash on delivery is very less,
even those with cards use COD,some even flat out refuse to believe the cards are better.

A person who can play a game on pc or any console MAY NOT BE intelligent enough to know from where to buy what.

Why do people buy GTX 1070 and 1080 for 50,000 when they can import them with international warranty for 25,000?
Because they don't know

Why do people spend 1 lakh on Alienware laptop,when they can buy it for 40,000 from U.S?
Because they don't know

Why do people spend 3 lakh on gaming pcs yet don't include custom liquid cooling
Because they don't know

Exactly!

Okay I agree in difference in point of views part but do you guys really have any data to verify this?

Because they don't know

Because they don't know

Can you please post some links here where they are available for those prices including the custom charges around 4-5k min. Also international warranty sounds fancy but claiming it in here is not that easy & many people DO KNOW THIS & that's why they avoid.
Not every person has relatives or friends in US who can smuggle it for you from there.

Because they don't know
Wow do you think you are the only smart & all are idiots? I am not saying it in an offensive manner (mods) but from your tone it seems like that. A person who spends 3 lakh & don't know liquid cooling is sorry but a stupid example. Liquid cooling is NOT NEW its there for many years. A person who spends 3l enters into high enthusiast category & if he don't know about them then maybe he is whitening his black money by just buying random things.

You know who is the president of America right? So if you don't become one or meet him should I consider it that you don't know who is the president of America then?There is a difference.

I know all these but I DONT WANT. I don't want because I don't really require them. I don't require them because they are really not important. I really thought about it & my conclusion is they are not for all & is really not for me. I am happy & satisfied with with normal cooling.Liquid cooling is for enthusiasts who do it for overclocking, competing & testing & writing reviews. Please don't judge a large portion of people based on 2-3 people.

Last edited:
Okay I agree in difference in point of views part but do you guys really have any data to verify this?

Can you please post some links here where they are available for those prices including the custom charges around 4-5k min. Also international warranty sounds fancy but claiming it in here is not that easy & many people DO KNOW THIS & that's why they avoid.
Not every person has relatives or friends in US who can smuggle it for you from there.

Wow do you think you are only the smart & all are idiots? I am not saying it in an offensive manner (mods) but from your tone it seems like that. A person who spends 3 lakh & don't know liquid cooling is sorry but a stupid example. Liquid cooling is NOT NEW its there for many years. A person who spends 3l enters into high enthusiast category & if he don't know about them then maybe he is whitening his black money by just buying random things.

You know who is the president of America right? So if you don't become one should I consider it that you don't know who is the president of America then?There is a difference.

I know all these but I DONT WANT. I don't want because I don't really require them. I don't require them because they are really not important. I really thought about it & my conclusion is they are not for all & is really not for me. I am happy & satisfied with with normal cooling.Liquid cooling is for enthusiasts who do it for overclocking, competing & testing & writing reviews. Please don't judge a large portion of people based on 2-3 people.

I might not be speaking for everyone, but the general sentiment is that, we are here, you me, and most everyone else, because we love technology, live it, and breathe it. The intensity might be different, but technology is the common bond that brings us here.

But for a layperson, things are vastly different. People associate price with quality. Having seen several students (more than 85% of whom are engineers) buy a Macbook Air without even knowing that it runs a completely different operating system is something that happens at least once a month.

I have had the special privilege of interacting with so called app developers working for Deloitte and other similar companies who do not know that Android is essentially linux, and do not know anything about Linux.

I am merely supposing that he was expressing a general sentiment there. I am thinking the same is also true when other are being referred to as idiots. It could be more out of frustration at how people do not seem to put in ANY effort to figure out before spending their hard earned money rather than out of a sense of superiority.

As for importing a graphics card to India in about 5k, you could simply go to Amazon.com and give an Indian shipping address, you will realise that the taxes and duties come to about $85 for GTX1070 with 8GB Ram.

Because they don't know

Because they don't know

Because they don't know

And I am sure phoenix was talking especially with respect to people in general vs. people here in TE or tech enthusiasts in general.

Of course, I might be completely wrong. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce...=UTF8&qid=1481012496&sr=1-1&keywords=GTX+1070
GTX 1070 with 60~ customs and shipping deposits
ship it to Taiwan,give Evga the shipping bill,you will get a new GPU and you money back, but then again it involves learning how to do it,thats the trouble here

Wow do you think you are only the smart & all are idiots? I am not saying it in an offensive manner (mods) but from your tone it seems like that. A person who spends 3 lakh & don't know liquid cooling is sorry but a stupid example. Liquid cooling is NOT NEW its there for many years. A person who spends 3l enters into high enthusiast category & if he don't know about them then maybe he is whitening his black money by just buying random things.

i am not the smart man here,there are many people with less knowledge on the subject,a person who spends 3 lakh but does nothing for liquid cooling is a perfect example of lack of research,turning a blind eye.

i can go to a dozen people with 3 lakh rigs ,half of them will decline liquid cooling saying its not possible in india and they dont know about it.

this was my entire point,liquid cooling is there for many years as you said ,and thats Exactly why its used by majority of people who a building a PC for personal usage even in countries like Singapore (its way too much expensive then India)

but its not the case in India,Why?
because they did not try, they are not Dumb,they are not Illiterate ,they might have a PH.D in fluids, but they did not know go to ekwb store and placed a order, EKWB asks for Nothing to ship to india,they handle everything, building a 3 lakh pc?spent 30,000 on EK Web Store
www.ekbw.com

Just because its india they assumed it wont work or will be a pain,they turned a Blind Eye

same thing went on with my cousin,he was shocked to know there is Netflix is India,he never bothered searching for it,he turned a blind eye.

You know who is the president of America right? So if you don't become one should I consider it that you don't know who is the president of America then?There is a difference.

you know who the president of america is right? now if i say i wanna be the POTUS one day,and you downright say its impossible.
thats the difference,you turned a blind eye, never considered the possibility of going to U.S ,getting a Citizenship, spending 20 years there,Joining the democrats ,running for election,harassing Donald trump.

this is what i am trying to say.

you dont want them because you dont know enough about what they do,how they do,when a large population is doing something and a small population in one country is not,you are forced to judge based on large population

you may not be an enthusiast, you may not require an overcloked processor, but when you are spending on a i7 6950X , you are supposed to know what it means,if you dont its just a baseless compulsive purchase.[/quote]

Last edited:
I Can't wait to see local Shop owners getting pissed about Steam Prices
Doubt it. Most big 'cd wallas' allow copying over those 50gb games on your eSata.
Not having to download 50gb on Indian Internet is a huge advantage.

No way,why are they implementing so much for India? Any reason.
It makes perfect business sense given India is a somewhat big target for all eCommerce companies.
Amazon went big on India past few years and considering Steam is the Amazon of digital distribution, it wasn't that big a leap.

I guess CoD only feels a bit weird because there's no actual physical product.
But to be perfectly accurate it's DoC and not CoD heh.

Back