How much do luxury watch makers charge for resizing a watch bracelet?

Like an Ethos watch store would for a Tag H or Omega? Urgent because there is a wedding in the family

@asingh @dr.sankhadeep @phoenix844884 @gmano

It depends shop to shop to be honest. If you go "back" to where you purchased from they should do it for free. Or if it is a chain, say Kapoors or Shopper Stop, upon seeing a receipt they will do it. Though even local shop keepers will do it..! Though there is no difference between the latter and former, in the manner in which they will treat your watch. Which is quite roughly. The only time these shop keepers treat watches "gently" is at POS (point-of-sale) first time, when the potential customer is standing there, and can back out. I would suggest go to a TITAN showroom. They have a repair center in most of them. They will charge you the best price. I clearly remember a customer coming from outside to get a Seiko bracelet sized. They have automated machines and vices to hold the watch, and you can stand there and watch it. PLEASE: insist to stand next to the jeweler as he works on your watch. If they say "leave and come back"; do not get it done.

I do my re-sizing my self, after a Titanium bracelet was scratched by a jeweler, during adjustment.

In my case Ethos did it for free even out of warrant.
I have been resizing my strapcode bracelets which is quite easy without any scratches.
I'm not sure how its done for omegas brietlings etc

Free. Have done it only once via store though (not Ethos or anything, a watch boutique in Calcutta), for Omega, after seeing how difficult the process was I just made a long sigh.

Since then I was changing links and adding them by myself just for fun, for a while.

i would suggest you to go to a jeweler and do the resizing . i never dared to resize my omega , breitling and seiko bracelets . ethos is a good option or prime luxury boutique

Yes, Seiko's are complicated since the pins have a collar sleeve at one end to hold it flush. When I adjusted my BFK, it took me a while to fit the collar. Rolex and some Omega's have housing screws at each end, which will make the job even easier. The problem with incompetent jewellers is: when they hammer out the pin, the hit it way way to hard. At times they miss and dent the bracelet.

Also for really expensive watches the bracelet should be totally disengaged from the watch casing. Else when the links are subjected to intense force some will translate to the movement. At a minimal I always dismantle the clasp, many jewellers do not even do that. I had asked a Shopper's Stop guy to do this once. He looked as me as if I am from Shutter Island. I thereon, declined the free adjustment.

Sorry for jumping in and taking the post out of context but has anyone got their watch restored from Ethos? I have a Favre Leuba of my grandfather and would love to get it restored if the restoration cost doesn't break back :p

Sorry for jumping in and taking the post out of context but has anyone got their watch restored from Ethos? I have a Favre Leuba of my grandfather and would love to get it restored if the restoration cost doesn't break back :p

It depends what movement is in there. It might be difficult to find spare parts. Maybe the barrel spring can be changed. The pallet fork and balance may be a problem. Automatics / mechanical watches are difficult to repair these days, primarily due to skill diminishing and no availability of spare parts. As some local shop keeper (watch maker, not the ones which just change batteries and re-size bracelets); they may be of help..!

Back