How get more cache to download games faster on steam

How can I get more cache to download games faster on steam.
you do realize the difference between mbps and MBps

10mbps=1MB/ps

steam will show 1MB/ps if u have 10 megabits per second network,i guess that's why you are thinking steam is slow,if u have a ssd then download and copy games to hdd

you do realize the difference between mbps and MBps

10mbps=1MB/ps

steam will show 1MB/ps if u have 10 megabits per second network,i guess that's why you are thinking steam is slow,if u have a ssd then download and copy games to hdd
Actually for large games like Wolfeinstein ,You really need good download speed like 10-20mpbs. At present I am using a 5mpbs connection. My Isp does not provide cache for steam, But provides cache for other sites and torrents.
So wanted to figure a way round this problem.

Actually for large games like Wolfeinstein ,You really need good download speed like 10-20mpbs. At present I am using a 5mpbs connection. My Isp does not provide cache for steam, But provides cache for other sites and torrents.
What do you mean by cache ? A bit lost here

He means that some ISPs provide peering for some type of content for faster downloads and data cap savings. A lot of ISPs peer Steam contents, not sure if any Indian ISPs do that. Airtel used to do Origin peering. Some local ISPs do peering for torrents.

There is no way to get around this afaik. Keep it going for 2-3 nights I guess. Or if you get better speeds in torrents, you can download it through torrent and paste the install folder in Steam, it will download only the updates and patches.

He means that some ISPs provide peering for some type of content for faster downloads and data cap savings. A lot of ISPs peer Steam contents, not sure if any Indian ISPs do that. Airtel used to do Origin peering. Some local ISPs do peering for torrents.

There is no way to get around this afaik. Keep it going for 2-3 nights I guess. Or if you get better speeds in torrents, you can download it through torrent and paste the install folder in Steam, it will download only the updates and patches.
That's what a part of net neutrality is about right??

Also why did Failtel do origin peering ?they earned anything out of it?

Back