Budget 51-70k How does my Hackintosh build look?

MarkofTeja

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 50-70k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Macbook Pro
    • Sony Bravia TV
    • Mech Keyboard
    • Wireless Mouse
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Sony Bravia TV
    • Mech Keyboard
    • Wireless Mouse
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i7 7700
    • Motherboard - Any H270 that is compatible with Hackintosh. Most likely Gigabyte
    • RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 gigs
    • SSD 250 Gigs Samsung Evo
    • BArracuda 2 TB
    • PSU - not sure which onehttp://www.techenclave.com/community/guides/best-power-supply-units.1/
    • Cabinet- Want something functional. Don't care about flashy looks
    • Cooling- Do I even need an extra one?
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Will only be adding RAM if the computer slows down in the future
    • Maybe add in a graphic card in a year or so to take the load off the main CPU
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Audio Production
    • Off and on video editing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nope. Just looking for stuff that works in a Hackintosh
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • euro Truck Simulator 2
    • football Manager
    • Pro Evolution Soccer
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No prefrence
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Mac OSX Sierra
    • Windows 10 as backup

I essentially want a system that provides expandability options in the future. For e.g. adding more Hard drives, adding a graphic card and adding in a NVMe SSD once they are a bit cheaper.

I'd also like as many USB ports as I can get.[DOUBLEPOST=1503035164][/DOUBLEPOST]No one liked it?

Last edited:
PSU:
Seasonic S12II 520w ~6k or Antec VP550P = ~3.5k

CABINET:
Corsair SPEC-01 = 2900 or Antec 300 -3200

don't opt for cheaper PSU/cabinet..

Follow the ready to build guides on tonymacosx86 site. Those builds have been counterchecked and known to work rather than doing trial and error.[DOUBLEPOST=1503039393][/DOUBLEPOST]Remember you dont have return option for pc components here at many purchase places in india

PSU:
Seasonic S12II 520w ~6k or Antec VP550P = ~3.5k

CABINET:
Corsair SPEC-01 = 2900 or Antec 300 -3200

don't opt for cheaper PSU/cabinet..

Thanks for this man. I have read pretty much every Hackintosh guide there is. There are not a lot of guarantees there but I am confident that I can manage to get this working.

Was not sure about the motherboard for the longest time but now I have just decided to go with the Gigabyte H270 Hd3p. Gigabytes are supposed to be easier to work with and since I won't overclock, I won't need a Z270.

Still, I will go and check the rates at LR. If the diffrence between 7700K+Z270 isn't that much from 7700+H270, then I might just get the first combo. If only coz the 7700K has more processing power.

roughly:
i7 7700K = 23.5K
MSI Z270 A-PRO or ASUS PRIME Z270-P = 11,000 or asus/msi b250m = 6,500 or Gigabyte H270 HD3P = 10,000
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000Mhz = 5000 or 2400mhz = 4.5K
SSD 250 Gigs Samsung Evo = 7K
BArracuda 2 TB = 5K
Seasonic S12II 520w ~6K or Antec VP550P = ~3.5K
Corsair SPEC-01 = 2900 or Antec 300 = 3200

Ask for more ~10% discount on complete rig..

This is a sexy estimate. Based on online prices I thought it would be 66-70.
Heck, I might as well add another HDD and a Wireless card. Or perhaps spend on a cabinet that looks similar to a Mac Pro.

So I did a lot of reading on RAM yest and concluded that anything above 2400 mhz RAM would be overkill.
I just mentioned Corsair coz I see them being recommended all the time. I have no experience with it.

3000mhz ram if difference is minor like Rs.500.

For PSU, stick with Seasonic as per your budget.

If I'm not wrong, Seasonic manufactured Corsair's PSU earlier.

Serial Hackintosh-er here, a few tips -

1) Chose a motherboard and then check the builds made with them, check how easy it is to install and what issues crop up. It took me 3 days (full) to get my desktop working cause something or the other causes issues or just dumb luck with kernel panics. This after I checked that it was supported Try to stick to gigabyte

2) For wifi, go for either a PCI card thats supported natively, else let me know and i'll share a cheaper alternative thats not as hassle free as these.

3) Dont get an unlocked K cpu if you wont over clock. Hackintosh and overclock dont go very well. Check if someone else has done it on the same cpu.

4) Onboard graphics work very well if supported on native macs. Like if there is the same gpu on one of the apple original hardware then it will fly. You can do minor Photohop work etc on it.

5) Stick to Logitech wireless Kb/mouse (my dell one sucks)

Thanks for the advice man. I would welcome suggestions on the Wifi PCI card as most of them on the TonyMac recommended list are pretty expensive in India.

Back