How do returns on Amazon or FK work for clothes/shoes etc. if the fit isn't correct ?

kidrow

Adept
Sorry for the OT but how do returns on Amazon (or FK, for that matter) work for clothes/shoes etc. if the fit isn't correct?

There seems to be nothing specific mentioned on the site about this. It (return policy) mentions either the ones which are damaged/defective or not needed. The latter needs to be returned with the tags/packaging intact. So does this cover the cases where the purchased size isn't the right fit?

What if you simply don't like the look/feel & something turns out worse looking than on the site? Are returns possible then?

Thanks for your time.

My wife has returned clothes and sandals on amazon/snapdeal because of incorrect size as well as the color not being true as per the photographs. IIRC, In both cases a check for the amount was returned after the courier guy came for the return pickup.

depends on whom you buy the product its generally easier for amazon fulfilled items else you have to submit a return request stating the reason for return and that gets accepted by seller then you return the item and you get refund

@kidrow you can just apply for the returns stating your reasons. You'll get the refunds in the form of online credit on their store. They didn't return the money to my bank account. It was with myntra. Issue was with the size.

depends on whom you buy the product its generally easier for amazon fulfilled items else you have to submit a return request stating the reason for return and that gets accepted by seller then you return the item and you get refund
Go for it if it's Amazon Fulfilled. Return with no questions asked. Amount will be transferred to your bank account associated with the card used to make purchase.

Just remembered, snapdeal returned the amount as SD cash. So had to buy something from snapdeal for using the amount as that particular product was no longer available. As mentioned above, if the seller is good, returns shouldn't be much of a hassle.

^Thanks for the heads up. Will be prepared for that eventuality as well.

Was/am mulling the idea of buying a pair of sports/jogging shoes (Lotto). Saw that the last size listed is a 9. On a few occasions, I have found 10 to be a better fit.
So was left wondering what would happen if the 9 didn't fit well, as there is no 10 available to exchange it with.

Also, my mum liked a purse on Amazon which made me wonder if the return policy covers situations where you've just not liked the product because of its looks. Amazon's "Don't need it anymore" policy doesn't convey whether such situations are covered.

So I'm glad you guys chimed in here, :). Thanks!

^Thanks for the heads up. Will be prepared for that eventuality as well.

Was/am mulling the idea of buying a pair of sports/jogging shoes (Lotto). Saw that the last size listed is a 9. On a few occasions, I have found 10 to be a better fit.
So was left wondering what would happen if the 9 didn't fit well, as there is no 10 available to exchange it with.

Also, my mum liked a purse on Amazon which made me wonder if the return policy covers situations where you've just not liked the product because of its looks. Amazon's "Don't need it anymore" policy doesn't convey whether such situations are covered.

So I'm glad you guys chimed in here, :). Thanks!

Amazon has a 30 days no questions asked return policy on fashion items. It's usually indicated on the top right corner, for example:
http://www.amazon.in/Hidesign-SB-02-Womens-Shoulder/dp/B00KXRTQCI/

Capture.JPG

And here's the complete returns T&C
http://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=sv_luggage_9?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201149900

And, if I'm not mistaken Amazon has started crediting bank accounts for quite some time now. I recall a friend getting a refund as soon as the courier guy picked up an item from his place.

Back