Android How are the new Nokia smartphones?

I live in Indore but I am in Gurgaon right now, and Nokia 7 Plus is available in Chrome store in Gurgaon. Can I buy it here and if any issue arises, I can get service and warranty in Indore?

I checked Nokia page and regarding service and repair, its written that if you bought it from a store, take it back from where you bought it to get service.

Reading that, I am doubtful if I will get service in my city?

Online buying looks like a better option. If I buy online and get delivery here, will that be an issue?

I live in Indore but I am in Gurgaon right now, and Nokia 7 Plus is available in Chrome store in Gurgaon. Can I buy it here and if any issue arises, I can get service and warranty in Indore?

I checked Nokia page and regarding service and repair, its written that if you bought it from a store, take it back from where you bought it to get service.

Online buying looks like a better option. If I buy online and get delivery here, will that be an issue?
Nothing like that. Nor it works like that in India. Chroma will also say to take it to nearest Nokia center for any issues.
If you dont have service center then other option is to ship it to nearest one in another town.

Where ever you buy your nokia from, be it either offline shops like chroma or online shops like amazon, if any problem arises, you can go to any nokia service center in india to get your phone serviced.

Yes, @capriAnupam is right, Nokia India "Service and repair" section. #bizarre

Nokia.jpg

Shocking but seems a new rule especially in India. Back then such rules were in other countries where the shops were liable for services, repairs and replacements. Only if they refuse then have to escalate to Nokia and then carry the email communication to that shop for further course of action.

Thanks guys, I called up Nokia support on their toll free number, and the reply from there was, that, regardless of where you purchase it from, you can get after sales and service all over India.

Maybe they should reflect this properly on their services page.

I bought Nokia 7 Plus after a few days from Amazon. I could have bought from Chroma and would have got discount too, but I just thought to play it safe.

The phone is pretty good, and I am happy with it. The build quality seems excellent, and the screen looks really classy.

The size is quite bigger than my old Nexus 5, which comparatively looks much smaller, so it took me sometime before I got used to the size. However, the phone feels light in hand than it looks because of its size, which is a good thing. Others who took the phone in their hand too said that its quite light. Still, if I do talk for long time on the phone, my hand sort of pains.

The cover on the box that the phone came in could have been much better. The image seems really dull, and they could have chosen a better image.

Packing inside the box was excellent though. The accessories included are charger, and earphones too, with extra ear buds, which is great. The package also contains a transparent back cover, which my cousin told, isn't as safe, but it's still something. I am not in the habit of using a tempered screen, or protective cover, but I put on the back cover which came with the phone.

I turned on the phone, and it immediately updated to the latest OS, after which I was able to setup the phone the normal way. It's pure Android, which I wanted.

The thing which made me happy was that pre-installed Google apps, like Play Books or Play Music, etc, which I don't use, were able to uninstall, which was a pleasant surprise, because these apps do no uninstall normally.. you can just disable them.

I was quite disappointed with the display however, because I thought that the display didn't look as vibrant as other phones, like, Vivo etc. I normally use my phone at quite low brightness, and my old Nexus 5 used to provide sufficient brightness even at low brightness, if you know what I am saying. But, I have now got used to the display of the phone, and if I make it sufficiently bright, I think the display is fine. I still think the colors could have been more vibrant.

Same goes for the camera. Although I am not a frequent user of the phone camera.... I think the quality of the photos could have been better and again, more vibrant.

The phone has awesome battery, 3800 mAH, which was one of the reasons that I bought this phone. Earlier, I was thinking of going for Nokia 6.1, but I compared both phones, and Nokia 7 Plus really seemed better with really good reviews and its specifications, so I decided to put in the extra bucks, because I intend to use my phones for a long time, rather than changing them frequently.

The battery lasts for around 2 days, which is quite good.

The phone has an issue with charging though. It gets a bit hot during charging for some amount of time... during the start or middle.

Charging time also isn't accurate. For example, if I put the phone on charging when its 15%, it initially shows 3 hours until full. The charging till 50% or so is quite fast, and so if I check back in say 15-20 minutes, it shows that it has charged to 50%, and around 1 hour something minutes remaining or so. After 50-60%, the charging does get slower, and it takes around 2 hours for the phone to charge fully, if I was charging from around 10-15%.

Overall, it's a great phone, with features that I wanted... good build quality, pure Android with regular updates for OS.

My brother was looking to buy a phone, and he was thinking about buying One Plus 6, but looking at the build quality of Nokia 7 Plus, he is now thinking of buying it.

As I wrote in my post, the screen of Nokia 7 Plus is really excellent, and feels real classy... like the one I saw on Samsung Galaxy S8, which my relative has.

The phone has an issue with charging though. It gets a bit hot during charging for some amount of time... during the start or middle.

Charging time also isn't accurate. For example, if I put the phone on charging when its 15%, it initially shows 3 hours until full. The charging till 50% or so is quite fast, and so if I check back in say 15-20 minutes, it shows that it has charged to 50%, and around 1 hour something minutes remaining or so. After 50-60%, the charging does get slower, and it takes around 2 hours for the phone to charge fully, if I was charging from around 10-15%.
Is this a charger problem? Did you try with another charger? Did you file a complaint with Nokia?

I don't think it's a charger problem, but I don't know. I have seen reviews on Amazon for the phone, which say that the phone does get a bit hot during charging. My brother is also having same issue. Like, I mostly charge when the battery is about to be drained till it's fully charged. So, during the middle part of the charging, it gets hot for a while. Not during the whole part, or maximum part.

Where will I file a complaint?

Nokia do ask for a feedback which appears on the phone randomly. Asks to give a rating, and an optional feedback. So, I did provide feedback there, about this issue.

Other issues which I am facing is that, sometimes the fingerprint sensor won't recognize the fingerprint, and the 4 tries fail. Have to open with the key. After that, it just works. Dunno, maybe it's because of the scanner getting dirty over time or so, with finger oil or whatever.

Also, sometimes, I do not get notifications for Whatsapp, or a game app that I use. I get notifications when I unlock the phone to check. Or, sometimes when I open these apps... not while phone is locked. Other times, it works normally without problems. Can't understand why so.

I did write all this in the feedback to them. Hope they read it, and make some efforts to rectify.

Otherwise, the phone works great, and overall I am happy with it.

Instead of saying gets hot. Run an app like 3cbattery monitor and show us how hot it got. That app takes readings at intervals so screen shot that table. Then we can see what temp it started off with, how high it rose and what it settled at.

I live in Indore but I am in Gurgaon right now
If your ambient temps are already high, this being August then its going to get warm like any phone

FPS is durable btw

Also, sometimes, I do not get notifications for Whatsapp, or a game app that I use. I get notifications when I unlock the phone to check. Or, sometimes when I open these apps... not while phone is locked. Other times, it works normally without problems. Can't understand why so.
Maybe its optimising apps for battery. No communications when screen off.

Whitelist the apps you want notifications for if its allowed in settings

Last edited:
Instead of saying gets hot. Run an app like 3cbattery monitor and show us how hot it got. That app takes readings at intervals so screen shot that table. Then we can see what temp it started off with, how high it rose and what it settled at.

I downloaded 3C Battery Monitor and put battery on monitor during charging, but strangely, it doesn't get that hot like it used to. Tried it twice so far. Let's see.

The temperature goes to a max of 38 in between charging period, and cools off towards the end.

BTW, you can use a better language in your post so as not sound rude.. just saying. From what you say, it looks like you are accusing me of lying.

If your ambient temps are already high, this being August then its going to get warm like any phone

It gets hot irrespective of ambient temperature. I am talking about hot.. like hot on touching. Not like you will get a burn, but it does get hot.

Maybe its optimising apps for battery. No communications when screen off.

Whitelist the apps you want notifications for if its allowed in settings

If that was the case, it should be happening everytime. But, it happens randomly. And I already checked, haven't blacklisted any of those apps.

I downloaded 3C Battery Monitor and put battery on monitor during charging, but strangely, it doesn't get that hot like it used to. Tried it twice so far. Let's see.

The temperature goes to a max of 38 in between charging period, and cools off towards the end.

BTW, you can use a better language in your post so as not sound rude.. just saying. From what you say, it looks like you are accusing me of lying.
I'm not accusing you lying i'm just frustrated with vague language used that makes it imposssible to tell whether there is a problem or not. But some how it then gets repeated and next thing you know there are a hundred people parroting the same line.

38 sounds normal

It gets hot irrespective of ambient temperature. I am talking about hot.. like hot on touching. Not like you will get a burn, but it does get hot.
So its getting hotter than human body temperature. That means its doing something and that something only occurs when charging.

Do you have any backup jobs that are initiated only when charging ? play store auto update is one example. I disable auto update and prefer manual. What about syncs, cloud backups etc.

If its not either of the above then it gets tricky to figure out. It's doing something, what that something is will be harder

If that was the case, it should be happening everytime. But, it happens randomly. And I already checked, haven't blacklisted any of those apps.
Bugs then. Nokia has a rep for updates. It means less time to optimise. Will just have to wait until the next update then.

Back