How are Lloyd AC's ?? Need Suggestions for the products. Pls Help

Hi Guys,

Looking forward to buy a new Split AC this season and came across the Lloyd brand. They are providing VFM AC's and are energy efficient too.

Following are the two models i which i m interested :

Buy Lloyd FLS19AAA 1.5 Ton (3 Star) Split Air Conditioner at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Buy Lloyd FLS19A3G 1.5 Ton (3 Star) Split Air Conditioner at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Any insight or reviews regarding the same would be highly appreciated. I have seen Window AC's of the same brand and they were having VERY effective cooling, need inputs for the split one's.

Thanks.
BBThumbHealer :)

I think you can good deals on Lloyd ACs, however giving the savings will not be significant compared to a more mid range ac like LG/Samsung and there are plenty of choices in the marketplace I would suggest go for a well recommended one in forums like these.

There is very little feedback on Lloyd ac's here or online. Most of the review on Mouthshut are bad however a couple of people I know have Lloyds and they are not unhappy. One of my friends has had a 1.5 ton 3 star Fedders Lloyd split for about 3 months now and it seems to perform as well as the Samsung I have if not slightly better in terms of cooling time, however my Samsung is a 2 year old model and the noise levels are about the same.

I think some of the newer ac's being produced now are relatively silent and you should find out about the noise levels of the ac before buying.

For a few thousand bucks more, you can get a panasonic econ pearl 3 star rated split. Some folks on the forum have purchased it and it is much much better than all the cheap chinese stuff from lloyd, samsung and lg. You should be able to get the panasonic for around 25K+ install.

My 2 cents...paisas rather ;-)
When you start using ACs you realize how important they are. They clean up the dust, provide comfort in Silence. Since there are moving parts, you need to consider the build quality. I don't think any of the Lloyds, LG, SAmsung match up to the Build Quality of Daikin / Toshiba. Although they are priced higher, the long run of these ACs with Energy SAvings and consistent performance negates their initial High price. So do consider Daikin / Toshiba when shopping for ACs.

The Ac installation guy told me that among indian company's Videocon is good.

Then goes LG and then the ones like Daikin, Hitachi, General and similar ones.

So better to stay away from Lyod. Also interesting thing he mentioned is that the Blue star home series has an exactly same compressor as Videocon and the price being exorbitant for the same product with just a label change.. Dont jump on me, it was the installation guy who said this...

I would recommend Panasonic ACs, they are reliable and priced competitively. If you have the money I would suggest going in for a O-General, as they are very reliable and last long. My Videocon concked off in 5 years whereas my dads O-General is still running after 6 years.

I have a 1.5 ton Lloyd's Window AC myself. Been using it for almost 3 years now and it's working flawlessly. Back when we got it, there was an offer going on during Diwali, wherein this was selling for 9k. Picked it up instantly, since our O-General was exhausted over the years that we had used it. Been a total VFM purchase, if you ask me. :)

I have a very bad experience with Lloyd. I purchased Lloyd portable Ac for Rs 24500 just a week ago and t has already become a piece of junk at my room. It does not cool at all. On lodging my complaint with the manufacturer, I was told that it is not meant to cool the room instead it is meant to do spot cooling. Which means put your head in front of it and it will throw cold air on you. That is such a ridiculous statement from Lloyd officials. Dont ever buy Lloyd Air Conditioners. They have faulty design and come with manufacturing defects. Lloyd has zero efficiency in terms of energy consumption.

I have a very bad experience with Lloyd. I purchased Lloyd portable Ac for Rs 24500 just a week ago and t has already become a piece of junk at my room. It does not cool at all.
Did you setup an exhaust vent for the AC?
YjLi4XG.jpg

Back