Car & Bike Honda Unicorn Resale Value

hi.dkt2008

Disciple
Hi guys i bought a honda unicorn on 29th may 2008 on a 18 months loan, paid Rs. 20,000 as down payment and emi is Rs.3226, now after 7 months i want to sell it because i am buying a car in a few months, i want to know the resale value for this bike. My offer is Rs. 55,000, am i correct ? if not then what should be the resale value? My friend is interested to buy my bike, he offered me Rs. 43,000 for the bike, that too he said right now he will give me Rs. 5000 and then later on he will pay the emi i.e every month on a fixed date he will transfer money to my account. I din't like his offer. Guys if u have any suggestions or advice, please reply :)

bikes which are on loan term will get less value than the market price....

a wise decision for you would be u clear off the loan and have a pre-closure on the loan term and then have complete ownership of the bike which would get you proper value of the bike......if u dont intend to do so , make sure u deal with a person whom you can really trust , a friend or someone....because till the loan tenure is not over the bike would officially be in the companies name and you are entitled to any issues on account of non payment of EMI's on time etc...

Actual cost of the bike at that time was Rs. 64,500 .. with interest after 18 months i pay Rs. 78068 .. up till now i have paid Rs. 39,356 which includes Rs. 20,000 for down payment + 6 emi's [3226 x 6 = Rs. 19,356] :)

hi.dkt2008 said:
Actual cost of the bike at that time was Rs. 64,500 .. with interest after 18 months i pay Rs. 78068 .. up till now i have paid Rs. 39,356 which includes Rs. 20,000 for down payment + 6 emi's [3226 x 6 = Rs. 19,356] :)

you need to note here that the price YOU will be paying with interest i.e 78k is nothing to do with the buyer....all that matters is the CURRENT market and the CURRENT resale value......

hanzy said:
bikes which are on loan term will get less value than the market price....
a wise decision for you would be u clear off the loan and have a pre-closure on the loan term and then have complete ownership of the bike which would get you proper value of the bike......if u dont intend to do so , make sure u deal with a person whom you can really trust , a friend or someone....because till the loan tenure is not over the bike would officially be in the companies name and you are entitled to any issues on account of non payment of EMI's on time etc...

yeah hanzy that's true .. foreclosure will cost me 4% on the remaining emi's so that will be approxiamately Rs. 1,400 to Rs. 1,700 .. this friend who is going to buy my bike is someone who i can really trust anytime but still something unfortunate happens in future and he is not able to pay the emi's then the bank will call me and not him for the non-payment of the bike emi .. :)

market value i can easily get it by going to any honda showroom which is already nearby my house .. however i do not know how to get the resale value .. i believe asking the showroom guy is the best option or maybe i can visit any second hand bike dealer showroom and ask for the information :)

market value is Rs. 65,300 and resale value is Rs. 42,000 @ thane RTO ..
my other friend is offering max Rs. 45000 hard cash , one-off payment :)

Honda unicorn willl always get u better price than other bikes.

But b4 selling think of this too.
Even I bought a car recently, but I still prefer my Pulsar for city riding.
On daily basis, many a times I find prefering the bike than the car. eg going to the bank/ATM, buying some small things like CDs, movie tickets, gym,
Easy to ride (drive), more parking places than car etc.
BTW where do u live?

finally im not selling my bike .. gave a foreclosure cheque of 38.5k to icici .. icici says cheque bounced .. checked my bank .. bank says cheque has been cleared .. icici sucks .. will show my bank statement to icici and get this crap fixed :|

Back