HI ALL
<

ONE MONTH BACK I BOUGHT A NEW HONDA ACTIVA,

NOW THE HONDA SERVICING PEOPLE ARE CONTINOUSLY CALLING ME FOR FREE SERVICE,

WHAT SHALL I DO, CAN I CHANGE THE OIL MYSELF

OR WHEN SHALL I LEAVE FOR SERVICING.

KINDLY HELP ME WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS
<

Follow the User/Instruction Manual carefully. Get your 1st three free servicing's done only at the Honda Activa Service Center. This is either done after you have covered the mininum mandatory running (kms) or no. of days [check your 3 servicing coupons]. Insist on the oil change (2nd servicing I think) and spark plug replacement (3rd servicing). If you have done Teflon Coating - then get this redone - free in 3rd service. Are you from mumbai ?

I have been using my Activa for the past 2 and 1/2 years - 18000 kms. It's been fantastic. I have never taken it to the Honda Service station [after the free-servicing period] - they are way too expensive...... I do my oil changes & cleaning every 3-5000 kms from my local mechanic. Beyond this I have not spend anything else. At least once or twice a month use your kick start... Cheers & Enjoy

Terry

Hi all

Iam staying in Bangalore, I bought a new honda activa in December 2011.

I have not left the vehicle for servicing still .

I would like to know if any of you know about any discrepency which has happened in the service centers in bangalore about replacement of new parts with old parts in authorised service centers in Bangalore.

If I leave my new vehichle for free service in Honda Activa Service center, will they change the new parts with old parts?

Can you suggest any best Honda Activa Service centers, where they do good servicing and do not replace parts from new vehicles.

Kindly suggest

Thanks

I'm using Honda Activa for past 6 years and its engine is still running perfectly. Just keep changing its engine oil regularly.

Personally did not have a good experience with Honda service. After the 3rd servicing noticed carburetor nut loose and petrol leaking.

Stopped servicing at Honda and kept servicing through a local mechanic.

Hi all

Iam staying in Bangalore, I bought a new honda activa in December 2011.

I have not left the vehicle for servicing still .

I would like to know if any of you know about any discrepency which has happened in the service centers in bangalore about replacement of new parts with old parts in authorised service centers in Bangalore.

If I leave my new vehichle for free service in Honda Activa Service center, will they change the new parts with old parts?

Can you suggest any best Honda Activa Service centers, where they do good servicing and do not replace parts from new vehicles.

Kindly suggest

Thanks

Don't worry about Honda service centre, Most of them are good people unless the dealer (adjoining SVC) is extremely fishy,they don't change your new Activa part with older one.

Attending 1st/2nd/3rd free service is must to continue your vehicle warranty....and during servicing you can stay at SVC at customer lounge,just don't go to the mechanic/service bay unless it really important or instructed otherwise.

What they do, Change engine oil -> Wash the vehicle ->Test Ride -> If any problem -> they go again test ride the vehicles after adjustment.

1st service must be done from where you bought the bike,unless they have no servicing facility. Once the Dealer/Authority forward your service coupon to manufacturer/Honda your vehicle warranty start.

All free service must be done in proper time to continue your bike's warranty from any authorised SVC.

Hello all,

I just gave my activa 125 for 1st free service. The service give insisted on doing the oil change, saying that if not change the warranty become void.
I have given for oil change,for which he is charging Rs 400/-

Is it required to change the oil at each servicing?
Is the amount charge correct?

Back