Android [Help with suggestion] Require Cheap and best tablet for kids.

jinvidia

Adept
Hello guys

I require two tablets for my 8 year and 5 year old kid. I have shortlisted the Micromax P290. Is it worth the buy ?. My budget is 5k. Is there any other alternative at this price range ? .

Thanx.

cheap & best both things don't go together. I don't think you can get any best tablet at that budget. Maybe try to stretch a budget little bit

I'd suggest you buy a rugged ones, if media consumption and watching YouTube are the only requirements you are good with cheaper tablets from lenovo & micromax. If want performance, buy a older generation flagship tablets, which may not upgrade to Marshmallow at all.
Used, Well maintained Nexus 2013, Ipads are much better than cheaper tablets from lenovo, micromax. Try for used Nexus or Samsung tabs instead. Because ultimately they'd need some gaming performance, which is pretty pathetic in cheaper tablets.

Alternatively if you are OK with phablets, there are quite good options like Le1s.
BlackBerry playbook has a excellent build quality, if it satisfies the needs (games and apps are scanty) ; then check it out on ebay.

I got the Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10 Tablet (8gb, wifi) for my 6 year old daughter as a birthday gift in November 2015.
my budget was around 5000
and after a bit of research i settled for the above,. It has 4.3 star ratings on Amazon.

it perfectly fit my criteria regarding
1. Budget
2. Use: media consumption (video, songs, albums, games, e-books, you tube, etc)
3. Not bothered about latest lollipop or marsha....etc, but it does have lollipop upgrade option but never updated it, because not reqd.
4. Excellent battery life
5. Handy
6. Wi-Fi only, she accidentally switched on mobile data on my phone once and lost a couple of bucks and lots of data. so i am pleased there is no sim.
7. good display.

Additional feature that i used but was not on my criteria list was the USB OTG support. It works fine.

Somehow not very comfortable ordering e-gadgets on-line, therefore
even though Amazon was cheaper, i got it from a local Croma store for 5500 + 400 for screen guard.

Back