Budget 10-15K Help with Flash Sale Redmi Note 4 64GB

Channu

Adept
Hey guys, I've been trying to grab a 64GB Redmi note 4 in all 3 flash sales on FK with absolutely no success ! Never did I fail with flash sales earlier but don't know what has changed these days. I haven't tried it on MI website.
Can there be some assistance in helping me with today's flash sale at 12 p.m. Thanks

But i guess the black variant has one undercover powerful GPU to render it right (my EXCLUSIVE insider source) so I won't be breaking my head over it :yuck:

Could you share more details? Is there really any difference with the black variant?

Maybe, but if it works on the 650, it should work on the 625, IMO. I could not get HW mode enabled.

I read through various tech sources like anandtech/tomshardware etc and was unable to find a clear answer..
But I feel that the hardware decoder is provided by either the cortex a72 chip or the adreno 510 in the Snapdragon 650 chipset..
The Snapdragon 625 chipset on the other hand has only cortex a53 cores and adreno 506 GPU..
Although the official snapdragon website does mention x265 decoding capabilities for both the chipset, but again the same is also listed against the Snapdragon 801 chipset, whereas in real usage scenario I found that the HW decoder is missing..
Not sure which one but either the CPU or GPU is doing it.. Anyone who has more idea on this can may be answer this correctly..

Could you share more details? Is there really any difference with the black variant?

I read through various tech sources like anandtech/tomshardware etc and was unable to find a clear answer..
But I feel that the hardware decoder is provided by either the cortex a72 chip or the adreno 510 in the Snapdragon 650 chipset..
The Snapdragon 625 chipset on the other hand has only cortex a53 cores and adreno 506 GPU..
Although the official snapdragon website does mention x265 decoding capabilities for both the chipset, but again the same is also listed against the Snapdragon 801 chipset, whereas in real usage scenario I found that the HW decoder is missing..
Not sure which one but either the CPU or GPU is doing it.. Anyone who has more idea on this can may be answer this correctly..

I think the decoding is software on the 650, handled by the A72. Because the decoding capabilities for both are shown same. However, it is quite possible that the 650 may support more x265 capabilities compared to the 625 but I don't think that is the case, since both are the same series, if 430 vs 625 it could have been possible, since the decoder is usually the same, only SP are different.

Just my two cents those who are trying to get one during flash sales. I got the RN4 64GB on day one of flash sales. Use the chrome extension of auto checkout and keep your address and all relevant details ready. Select the payment method as COD as you dont have enter bank details. You can alwasy swipe your CC at the time of delivery. Hope this helps.
Which chrome extension you used, i found this closet https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...c-auto/llakbdalgmafonclnljdhcchmagoiaon?hl=en

Guys, I didn't try getting the Black one today and instead chose to wait for Moto G5 plus launch to get an idea of price and battery performance and then take the call.

Use the MI website. The Chrome extension listed here works fine too.

The Mi website is really good. It locks down your order and you can make payment with ease. While the chrome extension works really good if you dont mind ordering CoD using FK. I used both and ended up with an extra copy that I had to cancel. :p

I'm just fed up. Been trying to buy a gold 4+64GB for the past several weeks with no luck. Tried with script, without script. I also happened to check in the local mobile stores that they sell it for a Premium of Rs.500 over and above the actual cost. I'm thinking of buying it from the store if I'm not able to get it next week.

I'm just fed up. Been trying to buy a gold 4+64GB for the past several weeks with no luck. Tried with script, without script. I also happened to check in the local mobile stores that they sell it for a Premium of Rs.500 over and above the actual cost. I'm thinking of buying it from the store if I'm not able to get it next week.
Rs 500 premium is just fine
Will suggest you to go ahead with it than this painful lucky draw thing!

In YouTube reviews, some people are saying that this phone has trouble with mic - like we have to shout out loud for the person on the other end of the line. Even using external mic doesn't help it seems. Anyone having same problem in their RN4 phone?

I bought a Redmi Note 4 (2GB/32GB) but now thinking of trying to get 64GB variant.

If anyone needs sealed Redmi Note 4 (2GB/32GB) Dark Grey @9999 in Gurgaon, let me know.

Note: Mods, please delete if you consider this as sale thread. I am trying to help forum members rather than selling it for a premium on OLX.

Last edited:
Back