Windows HELP! New AMD Drivers Crashes

So I recently installed the new AMD driver version(18.7.1) for my Sapphire 7870 and after a day i started getting black screens during windows 10 boot. I rolled back to driver version 16.11.4 but the issue still persisted. After searching google for a solution I found out that drivers before Crimson, Crimson Relive were less susceptible to this problem. But driver version 15 are only compatible with Windows 7.
Can i install a Windows 7 driver in Windows 10 or is there a better solution for this?

Uninstall existing drivers using display driver uninstaller feom guru3d or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility.
Then install the latest available ver for your windows from amd and make sure your gpu is listed in the driver list.
Also make it a point not to install any beta drivers even if they sound latest

Uninstall existing drivers using display driver uninstaller feom guru3d or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility.
Then install the latest available ver for your windows from amd and make sure your gpu is listed in the driver list.
Also make it a point not to install any beta drivers even if they sound latest

Buddy!!! I've done that a 100 times by now, this is not my first time. BUT, nothing works, not the new drivers, not the old drivers. At this point i had to switch to a GT440 because i can't buy a new or used card at the moment.

Did you try formatting and reinstalling windows?
Yes![DOUBLEPOST=1532177971][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did you try formatting and reinstalling windows?
I formated windows and tried to reinstall the AMD drivers and it happens again.
Initial boot shows the 'Basic Microsoft Diplay Driver' which means the GPU is working but as soon as i install the drivers it shows black screen everytime i restart the PC.

Last edited:
Try different versions, it is not possible that only 15xx was more stable for 7800 series.
What version were you using before when it was running fine?
Use ddu(latest one) and go back to that driver and if you still get problems then it is your GPU going bad.
Check temps and see how is it running.
Try running your computer without gpu driver after ddu for some hours.

Back