Storage Solutions HDD Reallocated sector count error

I bought laptop 2 year ago and now it is out of warranty. I am not able to boot in any OS and it is giving me errors. I booted laptop with live USB drive and Disk diagnostics shows disk is likely to fail soon.
I am trying to copy data but I cant copy data from it. Copy speed is too slow. How can I recover data from HDD.
Which is good HDD available now to replace this dying HDD. Please suggest.

Attachments

• HDD.png
    HDD.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 114
Hi maddy_in65,
Basically what reallocated sector's failure mean is when the smart test is unable to replace the bad sectors with the reserved sectors. There are some reserved sectors on every HDD to replace with the bad sectors, but once the count of bad sectors is more than the reserved sectors it will show as a reallocated sector count failure.
It seems that the HDD is failing due to multiple bad sectors. In case it is still under warranty, it may be a good idea to just contact the manufacturer and eventually RMA it.
As you are trying to copy the data, I'd suggest you to copy files in small size, like two or three files at one time.
The other thing you can try is to take out the HDD and try to use an adapter from SATA to USB.
Buying a new HDD depends on your budget. You may try to do a quick google search.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Back