Has anybody ever tried such stupid, foolish, crazy & insane stuff???

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Yes you read the title right.:p

Stupid, foolish, crazy & insane experiments is what I'm talking about. Just out of curiosity or eagerness as to what will happen if we do this....:coldfeet:

Like,
Connecting your mouse, keyboard, flash drive or any usb device to a usb charger and turn on the charger.
Put usb charger pin into your old phones micro-usb port which isnt meant for charging. (eg: nokia e-series)
Connecting your setopboxes hdmi to your GPUs hdmi.
Connecting one gpu hdmi to another gpus hdmi.
Connecting any other hdmi with hdmi (but not in the way it is meant for)
Male-male 3.5mm jack from computers 3.5mm to phone.
Connecting mobos sata port to mobos sata port itself.
Connecting mobos usb port to mobos usb port itself.
Using a male-male 3.5mm cable, connecting either of the back panels front/rear/mic/lin-in/line-out in themselves.

...and anything more crazy you can think off to do so...
Connecting any device in unusual ways--not meant to be.:joyful:

I know the end result will be killing either of these or both the devices. Or luckily nothing will happen.:blackeye:

I'm sure such thoughts might have came in many of our minds. ;)

**Warning: This is not to urge or encourage anybody to try these experiments. If anybody is doing so, is doing at his/hers own risk and interest. OP or anybody shouldn't be held responsible for any usual/unusual outcomes or for any damages arising thereafter.:cigar:

Last edited:
We have a big chunk of our population who are empty headed. I personally saw a lady plugging the wires of a telephone into power socket instead of the designated socket and switching it on. Needless to say the phone instrument conked off in a second. The lady just concluded seeing the socket and the plug that it is obvious that the one with the switch is to be used. The lone socket right next to it probably was something she was not supposed to bother with.

A nephew took a piss at a electrical socket when he was three years old.

So the jokes like 'The russians used a pencil' were not the only thing Aamir n Co picked up for their film eh.

A nephew took a piss at a electrical socket when he was three years old.
I guess it should'nt have worked, remember seeing an episode on Mythbuster on this, they tried it on Railway Tracks though, reason being piss breaks up into droplets on being released and are not exactly interconnected for them to travel up to your winny.

These are indeed must try. For Science. But only by those who use a go pro or such cam and upload it to youtube. Can recover costs that way.

I did a sex change operation of a COM port in attempt to connect a controller. using pins to connect female-female ports. trying to charge non-rechargable AA batteries, Tried starting LED direct off AC. many more I can't remember..

Connected a DC motor (that you see in toys) to a socket when I was a kid. Reason being I was out of battery. :p Heard a huge blast, although it didn't explode or anything.
And my dad once connected the fog lamps from the car to a wall outlet. It flashed for a second and went dead.

I was always fascinated by the Starters used in light tubes. Whenever I use to visit my native place, they had many so one by one I use to plug them directly in 3pin and it used to spark a blue lights and fuse off with a sound!!:hilarious: Many times line used to get tripped as well and uncle has to pull the mains gear to restore electricity. :p
Miss those kiddy days...

Connected serial port cable in wrong direction on old PIII m/b, found the cable burns if connected wrongly.

Thought DC power in telephone cables is very weak, harmless. Bite into live cable to remove sheathing, got the taste of DC power that day.

Filled a syringe with water, capped the needle and squirted thin jet of water for fun. While turning around, water jet directly hits electric socket, got a powerful jolt for a second. Totally unexpected, couldn't understand what really happened, mind numb for a moment.

Connected hair thin copper wire between power sockets, the thing burns and explodes like a small cracker. But electric fuse in mains also blown up simultaneously.

Burning small acrylic /plastic piece to fix a plastic box, I was careless. The burning gummy plastic directly fell on my leg still alight. In hurry and shock, wiped it, needless to say minor burn both on leg and fingers.

Many more... :) But all these taught me to be careful with life, when very young.

btw, people here 99% may be aware, but for the rest of 1%. SMPS when powered off and power cable removed, still may have enough electricity in capacitors to kill a man. So, discharge and take due care before DIY on SMPS, which we almost regularly handles. Same as discharging those old CRT monitor /TV capacitors.

Last edited:
Back