Mac OS Hackintosh . Help for 1st time user

Hi,
Using a Lenovo laptop and am thinking about buying the latest 15-inch macbook pro.
Before I make the switch , I want to use mac OS Sierra and see if I really like it and is suitable and compatible with every application I want to use.

Lenovo Z50 laptop specs :

CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 1.70GHz 64 °C
Haswell ULT 22nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
LENOVO Lancer 5A5 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family (Lenovo)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce 820M (Lenovo) 49 °C
Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 120GB (SSD) 38 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUA0N
Audio
Conexant SmartAudio HD

running Windows 10 -64 bit currently.

Please answer the following doubts I have regarding this,

1. I want to know if my hardware will support /enough for the latest mac OS.
2. Will the OS work properly like it works on the macbook ? (obv it will be slower than macbook )
3. How do I do it? I know there are ton of tutorials , but pointing me to a reliable one which will be stable and without issues will be helpful.
4. Anything else I need to know before ?

Thanks in advance.

So I just did my first hackintosh. But it was on the intel skylake NUC. i3 Model.

Before that I usually use multiple OS's in my VMware. So I suggest you to do the same and get a hang of it first.

Hi,
Using a Lenovo laptop and am thinking about buying the latest 15-inch macbook pro.
Before I make the switch , I want to use mac OS Sierra and see if I really like it and is suitable and compatible with every application I want to use.

Lenovo Z50 laptop specs :

CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 1.70GHz 64 °C
Haswell ULT 22nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
LENOVO Lancer 5A5 (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family (Lenovo)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce 820M (Lenovo) 49 °C
Storage
111GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 120GB (SSD) 38 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUA0N
Audio
Conexant SmartAudio HD

running Windows 10 -64 bit currently.

Please answer the following doubts I have regarding this,

1. I want to know if my hardware will support /enough for the latest mac OS.
2. Will the OS work properly like it works on the macbook ? (obv it will be slower than macbook )
3. How do I do it? I know there are ton of tutorials , but pointing me to a reliable one which will be stable and without issues will be helpful.
4. Anything else I need to know before ?

Thanks in advance.
Your hardware is good enough, but it might not be compatible. If you want to hackintosh it, i suggest you find if the model is fully compatible if not, forget hackintoshing unless you have loads of free time to kill.

No, Macbooks are built with very tight integration. Successful hackintoshes come in a lot of variety. If you can boot to the desktop that itself is a big deal. Then gfx support, sleep, iMessage etc are all bonus. Most cant even get into full setup without a lot of work. Its a test of patience.

If go with a generic tutorial, god save you. See if you find one for your model. Else just drop the idea

Macbooks are very good and tightly integrated hardware. They also sell at a good price years later. I suggest you use VMware images (pre built on you know where) and try them. It wont be as smooth as the real thing, but that's as close you'll come to try the software you want to. Else just make a list of software and check mac equivalents and their features. I've not had any problem making the switch. Depends on what software you need. Stuff like Tally etc can be run on a virtual machine in Macbook.

I would advise against trying to Hackintosh yourself , Best recommendation is to

1. Try out MacOS on VM
2. If you find yourself interested, go out and buy yourself a shiny Macbook :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Just came to know about virtual machine ? Is it same as virtual box?
If anyone can point me towards an easy to do reliable instruction from any site, that would be really helpful.
So to be clear , this will be Mac OS as a window inside windows 10 , where I can install applications I want to check in Mac inside it and can connect it to external 4k monitor as well?

I'm gonna use it in another Asus ROG G751J instead of my lenovo laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If you want to just try it out before getting a Mac, just do the virtual machine thing as suggested above.

If you want to build a hackintosh, better research compatible hardware. Its the key.

I built one recently and it was not that hard. Think I might have spent ~2hours installing and fixing few small things (excluding USB image creation)

People are talking about torrents. Mac OSX as a whole is free item. Or I havent yet had an instance of license. Even I updated to the latest one.

Install VMWare player or workstation. Google Mac OSX + Vmware.

https://techsviewer.com/how-to-install-mac-os-x-el-capitan-on-vmware-on-pc/
https://nerddrivel.com/2016/03/30/run-mac-os-x-yosemite-on-windows-10-using-vmware/

The performance will be very very bad. Doesn't matter if you have tonnes of physical RAM. I have 32GB. VM's dont get allocated that much RAM usually by the user. You can if you wish to, I havent.

My hackintosh with 8GB ram is fast.

Can you elaborate? Is there an easier way to try the mac OS on my laptop than VM? If so how do I get it to work?

TIA
There are readymade images setup on a virtual machine. You just have to set it up in 5 mins and you will have OSX running on a virtual machine. Not sure if it will run on virtual box.

But on a virtual machine performance will take a huge hit. Just check compatibility of the software, not the speed of the OS. Macbooks will be many times faster

Tried to do it with VMware. Downloaded a T and tried the steps in their text file. Tried to install VMware pro.
Did'nt install properly and some unwated stuff also got installed.
Now whenever I open chrome , unnecassary explcit window opens and even when I use normal website , when I click search or place cursor to type , it redirectly to someother crappy website ( happened when I tried to type this).

Used ccleaner and cleaned regisrty and uninstalled everything I did'nt want. Pretty sure not everything got removed.
Tried full scan with free panda antivirus and it detected and deleted some , but problem is still here.
I have decided to buy 15-inch macbook pro , no need to check MAC OS now.
Also once every minute , VMware window opend and closes in a sec on it's own.
Can't find uninstall file / uninstall.cmd does'nt work / nothing happens.

How do I uninstall VM ware and everything related to it for good?
How do I remove all the malware from my chorme , so nothing unnecessary opens ?

Thanks in advance

That's going to burn a big hole in your pocket. What will you use it for?

Kinda sick of windows with all the force updates and bugs. So decided to switch to mac OS
Will be doing medium intensity work connected to an external 4k monitor.
I did had the Dell XPS 15 (infinity edge display) and New Razer blade in mind too but
most youtubeers and other reviewers complained about bluescreen and wifi issues with dell XPS 15
and razer has no support in India at all . So decided to buy the macbook.

My requirement is 14-15-inch ultra portable , better resolution that 1080p and really good trackpad (most laptop trackpads are super bad) with atleast 5hrs battery life.

Back