Video H265/HEVC Android Box

Hi,
Can you confirm the fact that Beelink Box can detect Fiio USB DAC out-of-the Box ? Like running on default Android ?
In my case it's Fiio E17k.
Yes. The Beelink supports OTG. Android will directly start using the Fiio USB DAC as main audio output within 5-6 seconds of turning it on.

@Kevin Lane, ask this Redskull guy on YouTube which box to get. Search Kodi forums. I think in Kodi forums they have told people to stay away from S912 boxes.

Best option is to get some thing on which you can install LibreElec too.

Last edited:
@Kevin Lane, ask this Redskull guy on YouTube which box to get. Search Kodi forums. I think in Kodi forums they have told people to stay away from S912 boxes.

Best option is to get some thing on which you can install LibreElec too.

I decided to get S912 Box for offline local content playback - As far as I gather from INTERNET - Kodi may cause trouble - Like don't quit etc - Occasional Green/Pink Screen....Hang on during online media streaming - But they claim SMPC Kodi (Fork) which made by original creator of the Kodi works like a charm....
According to them/user other than official Kodi - Everything works great.

I Load Up LibreElec on my RPi3 - It's great experience but RPi3 failed to play current gen H.265 file format...hence I'm looking for a player.

BTW...I'm not an expert about Kodi, my first encounter with Kodi at LibreElec @ RPi3 a month ago. Wish there is a powerful RPi out there with affordable price tag.

Last edited:
I installed SMPC long time back on my android box. It does not have support for remote control (mainly touch based for phones), so I uninstalled it after 2 minutes. The android version on these cheap boxes is for phones and not android tv. So we cannot install tv apps on it from Play Store. We can install through file explorer though.

Kodi 17 gave me better performance on such low powered boxes compared to all other android apps. RPi is weak compared to these AMLogic chips which themselves find it impossible to play some HEVC or H264 files even with 2 GB ram. IMO, these boxes should come with at least 6GB ram and 2-2.5GHz octa core processors and the newest GPU just to play such high bitrate files. Considering their cheap price, its impossible to get such hardware, so there will be lots of drawbacks. These boxes can play HEVC and H264 files very well, but only if they are encoded to HDTV levels. Most encoders max out all settings for compression since they target computer gpu's and not dxva hardware.

Finally got this From GearBest for $59.99 I am yet to receive it.

Recently Got The Product and it is Great - Using for Past 2 Days - Though I order from Local Ebay Seller / Importer and after coupon it cost me $82 - Direct Ship From Hong Kong via Gati China.

Below Some Screen

iEDYmrt.png

Ebocrgh.png

wuUTw8D.png

sXjCNsE.png

Last edited:
Recently Got The Product and it is Great - Using for Past 2 Days - Though I order from Local Ebay Seller / Importer and after coupon it cost me $82 - Direct Ship From Hong Kong via Gati China.
Mine is being shipped from China.

Did you have to pay any custom duty?

Owners of Beelink/other TV box, can you please confirm if TV box supports external HDD up to 2TB via USB?
No, it wont support portable hdd above 500GB. I tried a 1TB hdd and it loaded properly but stopped suddenly when trying to play movie off it. You will need to use a powered usb hub for using high capacity hdd.

Has any one used Xiaomi Mi Android TV box? Only problem it seems is Amazon Prime Video is not directly available. I may have to sideload it somehow. I have Prime subscription, so that is my main requirement. I currently don't have Netflix subscription.

It is available for $69 in Walmart. I will be in US early next month, so thinking about getting it from there.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138

Other option that is Amazon Fire TV box. However, it is costly at $89 and also currently seems to be unavailable on their own website also. So I could opt for Fire TV Stick instead which is limited to 1080p only.

Both Mi Android TV box & Amazon Fire TV box have almost similar features.

Has any one used Xiaomi Mi Android TV box? Only problem it seems is Amazon Prime Video is not directly available. I may have to sideload it somehow. I have Prime subscription, so that is my main requirement. I currently don't have Netflix subscription.

It is available for $69 in Walmart. I will be in US early next month, so thinking about getting it from there.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mi-Box-Android-TV/54827138

Other option that is Amazon Fire TV box. However, it is costly at $89 and also currently seems to be unavailable on their own website also. So I could opt for Fire TV Stick instead which is limited to 1080p only.

Both Mi Android TV box & Amazon Fire TV box have almost similar features.
You may need to tweak and tinker with the Mi TV.One of my friends bought it at almost the same time as my Vega S95. For 20$ more Fire TV would be a better bet.
My friend's Mi TV had Chinese interface at that point of time and it could be changed to English but still some menus were Chinese only.

You may need to tweak and tinker with the Mi TV.One of my friends bought it at almost the same time as my Vega S95. For 20$ more Fire TV would be a better bet.
My friend's Mi TV had Chinese interface at that point of time and it could be changed to English but still some menus were Chinese only.

This is the USA Mi TV?

@vivek.krishan, the one I mentioned in Walmart is USA version which is by default has English language. It was officially launched there by Xiaomi.

This is the USA Mi TV?
Nope.It was bought off aliexpress.Anyways if it's an official US version then you can surely go for the Xiaomi one over Fire TV one.Only thing that would be a deal breaker for me is that Mi box has no LAN port but if you are into USB drive or web content then its a non issue for you

Nope.It was bought off aliexpress.Anyways if it's an official US version then you can surely go for the Xiaomi one over Fire TV one.Only thing that would be a deal breaker for me is that Mi box has no LAN port but if you are into USB drive or web content then its a non issue for you

@vivek.krishan, the one I mentioned in Walmart is USA version which is by default has English language. It was officially launched there by Xiaomi.

That's why I asked. But still wont go for this, when I think the SHIELD makes more sense, albeit more money as well :(

Back